Jump to content
    astone2292
  • Author
  • 3,995 Words
  • 2,705 Views
  • 31 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Death in the Shadows - 15. Chapter 15: Shore's Showdown

He stared down Lewis. Vincent’s glare troubled Caleb, but he knew his friend would understand. This is more my challenge than his.

“Caleb,” Vincent growled, “I can handle this.”

“I don’t doubt that. It’s my right as your enforcer to defend your honor. He’s insulted you, and I won’t stand for it.”

Lewis crossed his arms. His eyes never wavered. “Finally. I get to beat your ass for turning my daughter against me.”

Snarling, Caleb clenched his fists. “You did that yourself, Andre.”

“Fleabag.”

Biting his cheek, Caleb glanced at Cyrus. The panda stepped to the edge of the circle. “Vincent, step out. Your enforcer has claimed ownership of this challenge.”

Hearing Vincent’s footsteps, the lion proceeded to remove his shirt. Elaine’s magic is colder than this. Tossing his phone and wallet aside, Caleb grabbed a fistful of dirt and washed his hands with the chilly soil. He evaluated the weather as he prepared himself. Wind’s blowing at my back. I’ll need to get on Andre’s side of the circle to stay downwind. He did not want Lewis to leave his sight, but if it happened, he could smell the man coming.

He also recognized he was fighting an alpha. I’ve never seen Andre’s hybrid. He’s not removing any clothes, so he might not use it. Either way, if he goes for his clothes, I’ll need to pour on the offense. Spotting Lewis’ belt, Caleb knew that was the key. He takes that and his shoes off, he can shift and tear his clothing. Keep the belt on, and he can’t shift comfortably. That belt won’t tear.

“Challengers, set?”

Caleb widened his stance. Lewis did the same. He’s starting in human form.

“Go.”

At Cyrus’ mark. Lewis latched onto his own collar and ripped the shirt off. He juked me! When his hands went for the belt, Caleb made a judgment call. It’ll be too late!

He flung his own shoes and allowed his lion to come forth. The pants partially ripped, but a simple kick of his hind leg freed himself of the confines. Lewis had chosen his leopard form, and was now prowling around the circle’s edge. Caleb had to admit his foe was impressively large. About the same height as him, the lion had to be careful. He’ll be faster than me.

Staying put, Caleb thwarted Lewis’ pathing. When the leopard tried to come up to the lion’s side, Caleb merely pivoted, facing the opponent once again. Eventually, Lewis retreated. It was a small psychological victory for Caleb.

Analyzing his attack plan, Caleb advanced directly. Lewis would try to hug the border, but with a sudden lurch, Caleb kept him pinned to a corner. The lion noticed how antsy Lewis was getting. Any moment now.

The cats were battling for territory. Caleb achieved his goal of being downwind, and managed to narrow Lewis’ field to a quarter of the circle. He’s backed in.

Caleb stood tall. He readied himself as Lewis’ paws dug in. The spotted tail swished vigorously.

Lewis pounced. Fangs bared, the leopard remained silent. Opening his jaw, Caleb extended his claws and prepared to hold the beast down in order to bite him. His paw connected. Skin dragged along a nail, but Lewis thrashed, knocking Caleb off his hind.

Pain spiked throughout his right arm. Lewis clamped tightly to it as he shifted his weight towards the ground. Caleb managed to skirt to the side before Lewis’ hind legs threatened to tear at his underbelly. Both shifters were growling, sending obscene names and threats.

The fight dragged on. They would separate, pin each other to a corner of the arena, and lash out. Caleb was patient, but he was relying on his strength. It was his only advantage. He’s just too fast. I land a single hit, and he can pepper me with scratches. His right forearm felt like hamburger meat, but he did not dare to shift. The moment he reverted to his human form, the leopard would win.

Lewis taunted Caleb. Every bit of damage the lion created was fixed by the time they clashed again. It was an attempted reminder of his place in the world. He’s an alpha. So what? I fight Vincent all the time. Just… Just be patient.

Caleb relied on being stationary, only moving when Lewis pranced his way. The leopard was cocky. But he’s getting tired. His attacks aren’t clear. I don’t think he knows what he’s doing anymore. Seeing the tail swish, Caleb buckled down. His leg was not reliable, so he put most of his weight on the stable one and his hind.

Another round. Caleb’s side bled, but so did Lewis’. Watching carefully, the delta noticed there wasn’t a partial shift. His animal roared within his mind. Now!

This is what Caleb was waiting for. It was his turn to go on the offensive. The alpha was tired and exhausted. No more shifts. No more healing. He lunged. Ignoring the pain in his red-soaked arm, Caleb leapt with a claw ready to strike. Landing on Lewis’ shoulder, he ripped. Feeling the bastard’s blood on his paw was not enough. Though the leopard bucked and tried to reach for him, Caleb mounted Lewis and bit the back of the neck. His fangs pierced the coat, but the enforcer wanted to send a message.

He had won.

Lewis stood on four paws, quivering from rage and pure exhaustion. When Caleb released his grip, the cats darted away. The lion watched as the alpha shifted into a human. Being handed a set of clothes, Lewis donned them with haste.

Cyrus clapped. “Enforcer Gage is declared the victor of this challenge.”

The spectators clamored, and while Caleb’s lion soaked in pride, he wasn’t done. He followed his opponent before Lewis got too far. “Andre.”

His call was ignored.

“Andre!”

The leopard kept walking with his council in tow.

Fed up, the ailouros roared. “Hear my words, Alpha Lewis!” Caleb panted and yelled, “Hate me all you want, but you gave me the toughest fight. Tougher than my alpha. Tougher than his teacher. Both are mages. We hate each others’ guts, but you deserve recognition in battle.”

Lewis halted. His council exchanged glances as the alpha turned. There was a stern scowl on Lewis’ face.

Caleb grabbed his wallet and approached. “You insulted me for years. You insulted my alpha. For those two things, I’m not sure if I can forgive you.” The lion breathed deeply, then stared at his father-by-bond. “But my parents taught me better. My mother was one to forgive. That bit her more times my father can count. You are family to me, whether either of us like it."

The two stared at each other for what seemed like hours before Caleb whispered, “Did you know you have a grandson?”

The leopard’s scowl and arms fell. His bottom lip trembled, nose twitched, and eyes blinked wildly. “G-Grandson?”

Out of pity, Caleb fished in his wallet and pulled a photo. Handing it to Lewis, he knew the man should at least have some knowledge. “His name’s Lowe.”

Lewis was emotionless. “It’s… It’s an original name. I’ve never heard anyone named that, but… It sounds strong.”

“Tasha and I call him a gremlin most of the time.” Hearing the man chuckle, Caleb smiled. “My alphas are starting to call him shotgun.”

“I don’t get it.”

Caleb smirked. “Lowe Gage Shotgun.”

A single snort lead to an unhinged fit of laughter from both shifters. As they calmed down, Lewis looked to the ground. “I… How is Tasha?”

The question brought up frustration with Caleb’s lion, but he hushed the angry thoughts. “Before I answer that, I want to talk to you about my alphas.” He gestured to a bench, and they both sat. Caleb discussed the events between his and Tasha’s departure from Arizona and where they were now. Long roads were traveled, moving from pack to tribe to pride. They never stayed somewhere longer than three months. “No land felt like home. We were desperate for a while, especially when Lowe was born. I worked day and night for weeks on end just to keep a roof over their heads. I…” Caleb choked. “I didn’t see much of my son when he was a year old.

“Then we heard of a town in Kentucky. Owensville. We were welcomed with open arms, and practically given a key to a small home and a well-paying job. Alpha Wilson didn’t blink about any of it. A year later, he found his destined mate. You called him turnling.”

Lewis grimaced. “I didn’t know they were destined.”

“Destined or not, you should have a higher standard within your own beliefs. Think of Victoria, Andre. If you fell in love with her, and if she were human…”

“I’d be a hypocrite.”

“Alpha Vincent Bolton. I knew him when I was a cub back in Maryland. He was one of my best friends. Still is, and it’s an honor to defend him, even if he doesn’t need it.”

Lewis’ brow scrunched. “Doesn’t need it?”

“You should watch. He’s about to go up against Alpha Shore.” Caleb pointed at the arena.

Vincent and Shore shook hands before distancing themselves. On Cyrus’ mark, the two advanced on the other and bumped knuckles. Caleb whispered to Lewis. “Shore’s going to lose.”

“No,” The leopard glanced at Caleb, then squinted. “You’re confident.”

“I’ve never beaten Vincent, and Rin knows I’ve tried. That was just him using his frost magic.”

“Just?”

“Watch him.”

Returning to the action, Caleb winced as Vincent caught a haymaker to the jaw. Oof! That looked bad. Seeing his friend topple and roll on the ground, he was impressed Vincent got up quickly. When the small alpha put his fists up and pranced forward, Caleb grinned. Lei’s been teaching him boxing? That’s so unfair.

Shore must have known better. Vincent threw a punch, but the Nunavut leader leapt back as the thrown fist turned black. Lewis leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees. “What the hell is that?”

“Keep watching. Little B hit me with one of those. Can’t wait to see if one lands.”

Several attempts were blocked, but when Shore caught Vincent’s wrist, the other hand flew. The shadow-covered fist landed, and Shore soared out of the circle. Amazed, Lewis stood. The audience howled. "What the hell was that?"

"His shadow magic." Earning a bewildered look, Caleb smiled. "He created a glove. Feels like rubber to the touch, but when it lands, energy pushes you."

The Canadian was incensed. He walked back into the arena with a shredded shirt. “Hilarious! Didn’t hurt, but I appreciate a nuisance. Are you toying with me, Alpha Bolton?”

Vincent shrugged. “Kind of. You’re not pulling those punches, are you?”

Shore’s irises glowed gold as he tore his shirt. “Enough games. I want your all, little one.”

“You sure?”

The larger alpha whipped off his belt and loosened his pants. As soon as the boots were kicked away, Shore transformed into a hybrid; his coat white as snow.

Vincent vanished in a cloud of smog. Scanning the circle diligently, Caleb desired to know his friend’s location. Shore, on the other hand, backed to the edge of the wood trimming. The lion understood the tactic. Get the best field of vision.

“Caleb,” Lewis muttered. “He’s an actual shadow mage?"

"Keep your eyes peeled."

A shoe rolled at Caleb’s feet. Another landed at Mason’s a few yards away. Shore looked directly at them, then returned to the fight. Vin’s stripping. Hybrid versus hybrid fight, but Vin can pop out anywhere.

“Come out!” growled Shore. “No sense hiding.”

Vincent’s pants materialized, landing in front of Shore. The shirt piled itself on top. Then the mage’s hybrid appeared, causing the spectators to gasp.

The white and blue fur poked out between the spears of ice over Vincent’s coat. Black tendrils squirmed menacingly around the alpha with flurries blowing between them, simulating a cyclone around him. Beneath the icy hybrid, the dirt accumulated a thin layer of frost. What frightened Caleb was the vibrant blue eyes. They’re glowing bright! I haven’t seen him like this since his dance. He shivered. It’s so cold. He’s dropped the temperature by at least thirty degrees. It feels like it’s below zero, and there’s a nasty wind chill.

He came to fight.

Shore stood unphased. A crane of the neck and a dig of the heel, but completely unphased. Caleb refused to blink. Shore’s not intimidated in the least. Not sure what he can do against those tentacles, but he’s going to try.

The Canadian gently stepped forward, only to have a whip latch onto his ankle. Dragged around the perimeter, Shore desperately grasped the ground for a holding. The white wolf managed to free himself and hold the tendril with both hands. Twirling his wrist around it, he gripped it, found a footing, and tugged with a roar. Vincent lurched forward, but maintained his position. They each pulled. After a second show of strength, Shore yanked, only to let go.

Vincent fell forward, and Shore ran at him. A claw at the ready, the Canadian prepared a swipe. Before he connected, Shore leapt over Vincent as the mage’s body protruded large icicle spears from his fur.

Caleb held his breath. What instincts! I… I would’ve impaled myself. Assessing the battle, the lion shuddered. Vin’s defenses are incredible.

Shore must have thought the same. Pacing from the edge of the ring, he knelt. “I forfeit.”

On the sidelines, Cyrus raised an arm in Vincent’s direction. “Alpha Vincent Bolton is declared the winner by submission.”

The crowd applauded. The combatants approached one another and shook hands. Vincent’s magic evaporated. “Good fight. Strong fight!”

Shore grinned toothily. “You only to beat me. Proud to fight you.”

Both men reverted to their wolven forms and cantered to the benches. Caleb watched as Mason stooped and ruffled his mate’s coat. Pride swelled as his alphas celebrated.

“Caleb.” He turned and saw Lewis still sitting. His father-by-bond was slouching, staring at the ground. “Can you introduce me to them? I want to speak with your alphas.”

The request shocked him, but his lion trusted the leopard’s words. “C’mon.” Nearing Mason and Vincent, the mage was clothing himself. “Mace, Little B? Alpha Lewis needs to speak with you.”

The couple’s glares were intense. They only slackened when Lewis dropped to one knee. “I regret my harsh words. I regret my past transgressions involving you and your enforcer. I…” Lewis closed his eyes momentarily, then looked directly at Vincent. “I need to apologize. You are beyond impressive. The gods have blessed you with incomparable power. My leopard can’t imagine what you would have done to me if your enforcer didn’t take your place.

“I am sorry.”

Mason was silent. The man’s muscles shook, clearly agitated. He relaxed when Vincent palmed the alpha’s chest. Vincent took a deep breath and shone his eyes at Lewis. “You’re words were hurtful. Not only to my mate and I, but everyone else around you. I bet there’s a leader here with a turnling for a mate.”

“Your enforcer explained—

“Caleb,” Vincent sternly called out. “His name is Caleb.”

Lewis shamefully looked at Caleb and nodded. “Caleb. Caleb explained his views. I would be in a different mindset if my mate was born a human. I…” He pressed his lips together, paling them. “So many of my values have shattered within such a short amount of time. I’m ashamed.”

Caleb patted the leopard’s shoulder. “You admit your flaws. That’s a good first step.”

“I agree,” said Vincent. “Far from me to say what you need to do, but I suggest small changes to start. Take a few key words out of your vocabulary.”

“Like flea-bitten, and turnling,” mumbled Mason.

Wiping his eyes, Lewis sighed. “Y-yes. They’re gone. They won’t pass my lips ever again.” He offered a handshake.

Vincent merely glanced at it. “No. Change yourself first. Until I see the new you, I refuse.”

“I… I understand. Next year’s summit then.” Lewis smiled weakly. “That’s my challenge,” he whispered. “I’ll become a better person.”

“That’s more like it. Now tell your leopard that. He needs to agree with you.”

Caleb watched as Lewis closed his eyes. Every few moments, his nose would flare or twitch. There’s an argument. The animal might take a while, but the human mind usually prevails. Dirk came to mind, pinching off some hope. Well, I guess time will tell.

The parties were set to depart. The delta looked back at his father-by-bond and found him still in place. “Andre?”

“I have a request.”

Already knowing what it was, Caleb nodded. “I’ll talk to Tasha. It’ll be a while, but I think after a few yelling sessions, she’ll agree to see you. But…” He walked up and pressed his forehead against the alpha’s. “You say one wrong word, and I will kill you.”

The faintest hint of amber glowed in the man’s eyes. “I understand.”

Leaving the leopard, Caleb jogged to catch up with Vincent and Mason.

***

Returning to the cabin, Cyrus saw Kaplan typing diligently on a laptop. He never stops. “I thought you handled business earlier.”

“Something popped in my head.”

Sitting next to his wolf, Cyrus draped an arm along Kaplan’s shoulders. “Does the word vacation mean anything?”

“Hang on.”

As the lycan typed faster, Cyrus examined the screen. There were numerous tabs open on two different browsers. It’s only logos. How is he keeping track of all this? Studying Kaplan, the beta had the same determined face as when he squared off against Ashford. “What is it?”

Kaplan grimaced and settled into the bear’s hold. “It’s more of a hunch, but I can’t be certain until the recipient is announced.”

“Recipient?”

“The Housing Authority announced a grant to be awarded for new property development next month. Holman sent me the list of potential winners.”

Cyrus grinned. “Can I guess who might be on the list? Our dear friend, Harold?”

“Friend?”

“Of course. You think I haven’t talked to him? Remember? We chatted at my first pack meeting.”

“Right. So you’ve been friendly?”

“To an extent,” Cyrus said as he kicked up a leg onto his knee. “We’ve had a few lunches, but it’s mostly business. I’ve learned he’s interested in building compact housing for struggling pack members.”

“That’s it!” After a typing a few keys, Kaplan stopped and stared at the panda. "You knew…"

“I’ve known for a while. What surprised me was his application for the grant. He doesn’t need the funds from the city. He has backing from the pack finances for such developments. He was very interested in eliminating the homeless issue."

“So he’s getting funding from us and the city.”

And his own pocket book.” Wetting his lips, Cyrus giggled. “We just need a smoking gun.”

Kaplan closed his laptop and set it aside. “I’m assuming Alex has been recording his conversations with Harold.”

“Bundt made sure he was trained. There hasn’t been a lot of communication between the two, but it’s picking up steam. Combined with Alex’s recent tasks, I can see the dots connecting.”

He sighed and rested his head on Kaplan’s. “Like I said. We need one incriminating conversation.”

***

Wagner tossed his black tee on the couch. Another night of bouncing done. More evictions in the morning. The lists kept coming. How one business man had so much property in this jungle was baffling.

Thirty-two single residents, forty-seven couples, and twelve families. The delta had notes, and they were all sent to Cyrus. He shuddered. Every few nights, he would hear the bathroom cabinet door close. It’s so fucking creepy knowing someone’s waltzing around my place! After the third time, the lycan began sleeping with his pistol beneath his pillow. He was met with embodied sarcasm a week later when a cheap squirt gun was in the notepad’s place.

He was lonely. No one from the pack talked to him anymore. The only people he talked to was his human coworkers. None of them knew about the supernatural world, but they made great company. One of the ladies, Mary Jo, had little sense of modesty and wouldn’t leave his side. Wagner liked her. She’s fun. Keeps asking for a ride on the bike, but I can tell she wants a different kind of ride. Despite his past, he wanted something meaningful. He was tired of the flings and one-night-stands.

Then there was Rochter. The asshole appeared out of nowhere every time. Prick was leaning on my bike last time I saw him. Took everything in my power not to flatten him. Wagner hated the shit-eating grin Rochter carried. The traitorous enforcer constantly reminded him of the leash he was on. Yeah, yeah. He’s in charge, he’s got the position in the pack, he’s blah blah blah! Go fuck yourself if you got that big of a cock.

Putting the pompous idiot out of mind, he cleared off his coffee table and grabbed the dumbbells. Lifting them above his head, he felt the fire after ten minutes. The exercise wasn’t needed due to the lycanthropy virus, but Wagner enjoyed the activity. The strain and exhaustion at the end of a work-out left a healthy high. Finished with his arms, he changed into shorts, made sure his shoes were snug, and grabbed his keys. Just a quick run around the block a few times.

It was the dead of night. There were a few other pedestrians out, but Wagner wasn’t concerned. Even with the temperature dipping below forty, he chose to remain shirtless. He savored the occasional cat-call or wolf whistle.

His run was uneventful. An hour later, he climbed the stairwell to his apartment. Opening the door, his instincts went haywire. Someone was there. All lights were off. Nothing was out of place, but there was a lingering scent of cologne. “Get the fuck out here!” Sweaty and warmed up, Wagner was ready for a fight.

“Easy, mate.” A man with coiffed, blond hair stepped out of the bathroom with hands in the air. “Don’t shoot the messenger, all right?”

British accent. “Who are you, and what are you doing in my home?”

“Checking the mail.” The Brit shifted his weight to one leg and crossed his arms. “Will you take a breather? I’m friends with Thunder.”

Wagner squinted, not abiding by the request. “Cyrus?”

“You’re no fun, aren’t you. Yes, the giggly panda. I’m the mage assigned to your paper route.”

Relaxing, the lycan tossed his keys and wallet on the table. “Gotcha. Sorry, I’ve never had an intruder before. Did you really need to leave the water gun?”

The man shrugged. “Can’t help but have some fun. Teddy, by the way.”

“Alex. Don’t have a drop for you tonight.”

“Quite all right. I’ll be dropping by in a few days. Good luck.” Leaving a cloud behind, Teddy vanished.

Wagner scoped his apartment, making sure all the blinds were closed and curtains drawn. Throwing his clothes in the hamper, he started a cool shower. He contemplated getting off, but after Teddy’s appearance and his knack for leaving water pistols, he decided against it. Slipping between the crisp sheets, he scrolled through his phone, ignored all of the hook-up app notifications, and set his alarms.

A flash of light behind the closet door caught his attention. Silent as a mouse, he grabbed the pistol from under his pillow, flicked off the safety, and prowled. The light flickered again as he palmed the knob. Steeling himself, he turned it, yanked open the door, and stepped to the side of the frame. He barely saw the passing smoke as it wafted around a wavering piece of paper on the floor. What the…

Swiping up on the switch, he cleared the small walk-in and knelt at the note.

Living room window being watched from across the street. Be careful. Teddy.

Crumpling the warning, Wagner huffed. Good to know.

Copyright © 2022 astone2292; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 34
  • Love 43
  • Wow 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



1 hour ago, Kitt said:

My paternal grandmother was fond of taking my boyfriends aside on the day she met them and "warning" them that they should avoid hurting me at all cost as while I MIGHT forgive, I would never ever forget. 

Of course, this was the lady who bought herself a .22 cal rifle as a teen and kept it hidden from her mom. When my great aunt, her sister, found it, she warned auntie not to tell their mom, saying "Tattle and i WILL shoot you. Well of course the first disagreement resulted in Nana being informed of the rifle hidden under the bed. Several months later she conned auntie into holding out a stick with a target on it. Gram was a great shot, but apparently auntie forgot the warning. Yup, gram aimed at the "wrong" end of the stick. It was purported to the authorities as an accident, gun went off before gram could aim, but...

 

37 minutes ago, Geemeedee said:

Your grandma was gangsta! Would’ve loved to meet her. 

Completely agree with @Geemeedee. She's a G! 

Edited by astone2292
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Another action packed chapter...  The fights were absolutely epic!  Such stunning imagery conjured by your use of words...  Wonder if you are a word mage???  Damn the fights were fun.  They even settled my desire for lightning!!!  (sort of hahahaha).  Totally agree with Vincent in the "I'll forgive you when you've proven yourself a better man".  I may forgive but I don't forget!  I have a feeling Caleb has his hands full with convincing Tasha to talk to her father.  That is one fight I would not want to be a part of.  Tasha is frightening!!!  

All that action and some espionage to boot!  And of course Cyrus and Kaplan are too damn cute🐼:heart:🐺.  Kaplan pieced it all together, of course, he is a brilliant wolf!  And I loved the banter between Alex and Teddy... Leaving him a water gun was brilliantly funny!!!  Super fun chapter!!! You are the master word mage my friend :worship:👑

  • Love 4
Link to comment
42 minutes ago, Patch1 said:

Another action packed chapter...  The fights were absolutely epic!  Such stunning imagery conjured by your use of words...  Wonder if you are a word mage???  Damn the fights were fun.  They even settled my desire for lightning!!!  (sort of hahahaha).  Totally agree with Vincent in the "I'll forgive you when you've proven yourself a better man".  I may forgive but I don't forget!  I have a feeling Caleb has his hands full with convincing Tasha to talk to her father.  That is one fight I would not want to be a part of.  Tasha is frightening!!!  

All that action and some espionage to boot!  And of course Cyrus and Kaplan are too damn cute🐼:heart:🐺.  Kaplan pieced it all together, of course, he is a brilliant wolf!  And I loved the banter between Alex and Teddy... Leaving him a water gun was brilliantly funny!!!  Super fun chapter!!! You are the master word mage my friend :worship:👑

I'm pretty dure I don't have the word affinity, but I won't be upset if I do. 

Insert maniacal cackle. Caleb better watch for UFOs, 'cause I foresee flying kitchen utensils in his future. Teddy is a favorite side character, and I wish I created him sooner. The squirt gun might be one of my favorite lines I've written (next to Zully's demon comment from Paranormal Drinks.)

  • Love 3
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..