Jump to content
    astone2292
  • Author
  • 4,680 Words
  • 2,664 Views
  • 30 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Death in the Shadows - 25. Chapter 25: Bumpy Banquets

"Isn't it about done?"

Vincent rolled his eyes. "What did I say ten minutes ago?"

Grumbling, Mason shuffled into the living room. "We could already be eating…"

Peering through the oven's window, he could barely see over either of the two giant, foil pans. It was the largest batch of macaroni he had ever crafted. Unfortunately, he thought he judged the timing right. I was off by half an hour. They've been baking forever! "Besides, Elaine had a waiting list for her oven. Everyone needed it to keep their dishes warm. Give it five minutes, big guy. I'll run over the pans, then come back and pick you up."

"Sounds good to me. I'm excited to be helping Dad out with the grilling this year. He's busting out the oil drum grills, and I can already smell the creek fries."

Vincent dramatically grabbed his heart. "Thank the gods, you call them by their proper name! Every time someone says crick fries, it makes me want to throw something."

Mason laughed, "Add another reason why we're perfect for each other. Just to let you know, Dad cooks them nice and proper."

"Oh?"

"Fully loaded," promised Mason. "Pepper bacon, green and red peppers, onions, and just a kiss of queso blanco. It's barely enough to make the taters saucy, but it makes them a little au gratin style."

Growling, Vincent envisioned the work of art. "I love it when you talk dirty to me."

The pasta was deemed dinner-worthy and was pulled from the oven. Donning mitts, he ran one pan to Elaine and Lei's, only to be wowed by the amount of people. Holy shit! There's twenty people just in the kitchen. Adults, teens, kiddos… How big is this family? The food was hot in his hands, so he managed to find a space on the counter. When he let go, several of the lycans turned to notice, making Vincent smirk. This is going to be hilarious.

"Where did this come from, Elaine? This wasn't here a second ago."

His mother-by-bond looked over. "That's Vincent's. He said he was bringing two pans, so a second one's about to appear somewhere."

As amusing as the gawks and giggles were, he ran back to retrieve the other half. Half, he pondered. No, halves. Gotta get Mace too. Emerging from the shadows, Mason was prepared with a second set of mitts on. "Ready?"

"Yep."

The couple had enough experience with traveling in the shadows together to know how to handle themselves. Mason picked up the macaroni and held it securely as Vincent scooped up the alpha. The trip was even faster than the first, as he knew the pan was threatening to touch Mason's chest. The moment he reached the parents' living room, he set his mate down and released his magic.

Nervousness set in. Okay, time to meet Mace's family.

A head popped out of the door frame. "Maysie!"

Mason groaned at the Lei-lookalike. "Uncle Robie…"

Vincent struck gold. "Maysie?" He and his wolf already took a liking to the member of the family. He looks straight-up like Lei, but without the facial hair. Very clean-cut.

"And you must be Vincent. I'm Robard, Lei's brother." The lycan crushed Vincent in a hug before anything else could be said.

What surprised him was Robards scent. "You're a delta," he squeaked behind squished lips.

"That's right. Lei and Ellie told us all about you. Welcome to the world of lycan, by the way." He ruffled Vincent's playfully, only to return his attention to Mason. "C'mon Alphie-boy, let's get that in there. We've been nibbling at the first pan."

"Did it turn out all right?" asked Vincent.

"As always," remarked Elaine. "That was cute dropping off the pan, Vincent. Mason, your father and other uncles need your help out there. Bart went out and scored several bucks."

"Gotcha," answered Mason. He set the macaroni down and pecked his mate. "Did you want to join me out there?"

"I'll stay here. No need to be rude and skip everyone in here. Go have fun with your deer, big guy." As Mason left, he was surrounded. I think I fucked up…

After introductions, he managed to put names to faces. Okay, there's Lei's brothers: Robard and Bartholomew, their sister Angie, their mates… and their kids. Vincent's head hurt. "There's a lot of you."

Angie was about to say something, but there was a knock at the door. She went to answer it and she yelled, "I'm coming, Pops!"

Pops? He followed her back into the living room.

The door was opened, revealing a third Lei doppelganger. The man's salt and pepper hair was the main distinguishing factor. After a quick embrace with Angie, his gaze fell to Vincent. "I heard I gained another grandson. I wasn't told he was an alpha though."

With a quick sniff, Vincent determined the elder was one as well. He felt as if he was in the presence of a great and powerful man. "Sir."

The man chuffed. "Lei said you had manners. You can cut them, son. My boys didn't get their rambunctiousness from their mother. I'm Al."

Vincent raised his hand to shake Al's. "I'm Vincent."

Al brushed it aside and gave Vincent a hug. "You're my grandson, young one. I've learned a lot about you, and I already know you belong in my family."

"Alaric," Elaine called. She came from the kitchen and welcomed him. "It's so good to see you. How's Sante Fe treating you?"

"Beautiful, but nowhere close to Owensville. It's the only curse with this lifespan."

Wait, Vincent thought. That's right! We live twice as long as humans. That means we'll have to move eventually to reduce the chances of someone asking questions.

"Where's Sophie?" asked Elaine.

"She's taking a call. The firm's representing a side of a tiger family inheritance squabble in Albuquerque."

"Isn't time for her to sit down?"

Sighing, Al shook his head. "You want to try squashing that passion of hers, be my guest. I've tried for decades."

At that moment, the door opened and a lady with medium-length, silver hair walked in. She slipped her phone into a white wristlet. "And I'll keep prosecuting until my feet are in the grave. Is this our new grandson? Vincent?"

Sophie's heels clicked as she strolled over to the mage and kissed his cheek. "I'm Sophelia, Sophie for short. It's marvelous to meet you. I hope my Leidolf hasn't spoiled you."

"No, ma'am. If anything, Elaine's the one spoiling me by honing my magic."

"Is that so?" Sophie gleamed at Elaine. "Another mage in the family is a true gift. Frost, I take it?"

"Among others," answered Elaine. "Vincent's one of the brightest I've ever met. A true gift to the magical community."

Sophie's interest was captured. "Really? Tell us, young mage. Is your mother-by-bond fibbing?"

Scratching his head, Vincent blushed. "Well, I have the frost, clairvoyant, and shadow affinities."

Both of the grandparents were shocked, but Elaine calmly spoke, "Like I said; he's a gift. He's working with Alpha Drego in Pennsylvania on writing a book about the shadow affinity. I'm quite proud of him."

Al chuckled. "I knew Mason's mate would be one in a million. Just didn't think it would be one in a billion. Consider me impressed, Vincent. If you mind, tell me more about yourself."

Vincent explained his upbringing, only leaving out his parents' murder. Maybe later. I don't want to sour Thanksgiving for them. Sophie was floored when she was informed of his job as an EC auditor. By the time their conversation hit a lull, Lei brought in platters of meat from the grill.

Gathering in the dining room was interesting. Vincent was baffled when he saw the table. Elaine must've added extra leaves. Sitting between Mason and Al, he looked down the stretch. The younger cousins had their own seating arrangement in the living room, but Vincent was still amazed. How everyone's seated here is insane.

"You okay, Pup?"

Hearing Mason brought him out of his trance. "Y-yeah. Our family was never this big."

His left shoulder was bumped. "Better get used to it," Al instructed. "I'm sure Mason can attest that rabbits aren't the only promiscuous animals in the kingdom."

Nearly everyone laughed. Sophie was quick to swat her mate on the back of the neck, further inciting jovial emotions. As they all ate, many compliments were made about Vincent's macaroni. But that wasn't his focus.

The creek fries were the first item to disappear from his loaded plate. He had no shame when he went for seconds, even though he was not finished with the rest of his food. Sitting back down, Mason teased him, "Careful now, there's only three slabs of that, and the second one's about gone."

Before he took another bite, Vincent gave him a side-eye. "Looks like we're making a batch when we get home."

Al tisked. "Now, now. The Wilson family taters are a holiday-only recipe. That's tradition."

Vincent respected it. "I see why."

"How about your mac and cheese?" asked Sophie. "Mind sharing the recipe? I would make this once a week."

All eyes fell on Vincent, clearly eager to catch the spilled beans. He happily dictated the ingredients and instructions, but Angie leaned forward. "There's sour cream in there?"

"And eggs?" asked Bart.

"The sour cream and eggs are mostly there to hold everything together," explained Vincent, "so it doesn't make the dish goopy."

As the meal carried on, Vincent was smitten by Al and Sophie. They're just like Lei and Elaine. Al's really funny, and Sophie's quick to crack the whip when he gets to be too much.

Taking a moment to examine the family as a whole was powerful. It brought him back to the Elkridge Police Department. As a child, he sat with an officer as she made call after call.

Vincent dropped his fork. Clattering on the table, he merely stared at it as he focused on the repressed memory. N-no…

He felt Mason caress his shoulder, but all voices fell on dead ears. When his chin was grabbed and he was brought to face Alaric's golden irises, Vincent gasped out of the trance. Scanning everyone's concern, his throat dried. "E-excuse me," he mumbled as he stood and walked out.

Mason was hot on his heels, but Vincent managed to get to the back porch. The lingering scent of charcoal and cooked food was prevalent, but it was only strong enough to be a distraction. His first steps onto the yard were his last as he collapsed to his knees. Mason's cry for him was drowned out by Vincent's sobs.

His family abandoned him. That night in Elkridge, the kind officer was bothered. "I'm sorry kiddo. We're trying to find someone to watch you tonight."

A larger man with buzzed, brown hair and a goatee came over. "Pendle, call Social if we can't get a relative here in the next four hours."

"Yes, sir." The order caused dismay to the officer. "Actually, Chief. I'll… I'll be making that call now. I can't get Thomas Bolton on the line, and Marianne's sister said she doesn't have the means to support him."

"And the grandparents?"

"Hardesty Bolton died of a heart attack, and Celeste is in a mental care facility."

The chief grimaced, and gave Vincent a look of pity. "Very well." As he walked away, Vincent barely heard him grumble, "Damn the Seven."

"Vincent!"

Snapping to, Vincent saw Mason's amber eyes through his blurry, tear-laced ones. He immediately latched on and sobbed in his mate's arms. "They didn't want me," he cried out. "They left me alone!"

"Who, Pup? What's going—"

"My family," he blurted. Shamelessly wiping his nose with his sleeve, he stared at the grass. "I thought of the night my parents died, and my aunts and uncles never came for me. They just…"

Looking up to the moon, searching for some sort of answer from the gods, he blubbered, "There was no one for me."

Mason nudged his chin to force himself into Vincent's vision. The man's amber irises were flickering, as if the alpha's power couldn't decide which emotion to display. Tears were falling from his face. "You're the strongest man I've ever met, you know that?"

The uplifting statement caused another sob. "I-I don't feel like it."

"Listen to me. I don't know how I'd handle what you went through. All I know is that I love you, and my parents love you. I can tell Grandpa and Grandma already love you. Everyone in the pack accepted you when I marked you as my mate. The Seven can damn me, but if your aunts and uncles couldn't take responsibility when you needed them, then fuck them.

"You're my world, Vinnie. I'll burn every bridge if it means you'll be happy."

"The same goes for me," said Alaric. The elder alpha knelt next to them and placed a hand on Vincent's shoulder. "We've only met, and I will proudly call you my grandson."

Vincent's vision blurred more as he cried. These people. They don't even know me, and here they are welcoming me into their lives.

Mate's family. They love.

Y-yeah. They love us, bud. Clearing his throat, he removed himself from Mason's shoulder. "Th-thank you."

Sophie joined her mate and lovingly grazed Vincent's back. "If I may point out something. I think this is why you're an alpha, Vincent."

Wiping his face, he tried to understand the declaration. "What do you mean?"

"The trials and tribulations you've endured are some that our kind would never encounter. As a result, you've taken it all and turned it into strength. You may not be tall, but your emotions and mental capabilities rival any alpha, beta, or delta I have ever seen. Aliz recognized your endurance, and she rewarded you. My son, may I ask if you pray?"

Vincent couldn't help but laugh. "In a way, I do. I pray to Aliz, Terik, and Bol."

Her smile was warm. "An odd trio, but definitely a powerful one. I'm not one to push belief onto others, but we solely dedicate our faith to Aliz. If it weren't for her, I wouldn't have my mate."

Mason asked, "You're destined mates? Like us?"

"No, but we might as well be," Al replied. "My Sophie left her wallet at a grocery store many decades ago, and I ran after her. When our fingers touched, I had to get to know her."

Sophie kept her hand on Vincent, but turned to Al. "Three nights later, and I made you mine. Didn't know I would be turning a dormant alpha."

Vincent sobered. "He… You were a human?"

"Back in 1879, I was," Al answered. "But that's a story for another time. You're family, young one. We heard enough of your tales to know you've been hurt before. I swear on my life you won't with this lot."

The mage was done crying. Both him and his wolf were hearing the truth. "It'll–" Swallowing, his grip on Mason's hand tightened. "It'll take some time, but I hear your words."

He saw the whole Wilson family behind them. Even the younger cousins and little ones were holding onto each other. They're my family now. I don't even know half of their names.

Come with time. We learn and love.

Smiling, he rose with Mason and his grandparents-by-bond. "I don't think it'll take long," he whispered under his breath.

***

A knock at the door signaled the start of what could be a devastating evening. All of the video calls led up to this very moment. Sighing, he rose from the couch and gathered his balls. Here goes something.

Caleb opened his home to the anticipated guests. "Andre. Victoria."

The leopard couple stayed in place on the stoop. Victoria, dressed in a pumpkin-orange turtleneck sweater dress, had a hand wrapped around Andre's elbow. The Maricopa alpha wore a brown cardigan, peach dress shirt, and black slacks. Both of them appeared just as nervous as Caleb. "Thank you for agreeing to this, Caleb."

The lion meekly smiled. "It's all about rebuilding bridges. Tasha's been a mess, but I can tell she's excited for tonight."

"We're just as excited, aren't we Tori?"

The short leopardess never strayed her gaze from Caleb. "Anything for family."

The piercing stare went ignored. Tash definitely got her brashness from Victoria. She's just a bit more tactical about it. "Come in."

Stepping out of their way, he saw Andre's approval. "A lovely home. You said your alphas gave it to you?"

"Practically, but it was just Mason at the time. It was ready to move into, and we weren't required to set up a mortgage until we were financially stable."

Victoria smiled for the first time. "That was generous."

Imagining the rest of her remark, Caleb bit his cheek. You wouldn't have had to worry about that if you stayed away, furball… "It wasn't until after Mason met his destined I became the pack enforcer."

"And are you shirking your duties for us tonight?"

Andre hissed, "Victoria!"

Determined to beat her in the verbal game of chess, Caleb replied, "No. I was told to enjoy time with my loved ones. Besides, with the Wilson Thanksgiving dinner, I doubt three alphas, two deltas, and a master frost mage need much protection."

Victoria was about to say something, but stopped as Andre's eyes glowed. He muttered, "We have been welcomed into their home, and you mock the man who mated our daughter and bested me. Apologize now."

Caleb waved a hand. "No need. Like I said, we're here to build bridges."

Her jaw swished from side to side.

Check. "Tasha's about done with dinner, and I was about to get Lowe from his nap."

The mention of her grandchild perked Victoria's spirit up. It faltered as Tasha stood in the doorway between the living room and kitchen. "Tasha," she whispered.

"Mother," Tasha said with distaste. "Father. How was the flight?"

"Smooth, my—"

"You'll find the flight back just the same if either of you talk about my mate like that again." She stormed up to the couple. "You are in our house. When I was raised, no one spoke ill of others in their own home, or are you not my parents?"

Caleb saw both of them with dejected faces. Checkmate.

Andre bared his neck. "My apolo—"

"I don't need yours," snapped Tasha. "You're actin' right. My mother isn't."

Offering her mark, Victoria said, "I apologize. It's an unfamiliar sight to see my youngest act so stern."

Tasha seemed to be unconvinced. She relaxed slightly as Caleb held her from behind. "I think everyone's on edge, and that's okay."

"Yes," Andre agreed. "Not to change the subject, but are your parents coming tonight, Caleb?"

"No, we get together on Christmas. With the distance, we settled on combining the holidays into one visit. They'll be coming here this year."

"That sounds nice. Provided we behave ourselves," the alpha said, curtly looking at Victoria, "we could come visit as well? I imagine I don't have a great standing with your parents, but I'd like to meet the people who raised such a gentleman."

"I'll have to talk with them. But before that, I'm sure you guys are starving. That was what, a six hour flight?"

Tasha left his side, "I'll grab Lowe. You mind getting his juice ready?"

"Of course." Caleb was treated to a quick smooch before she turned down the hallway. She's getting cheeky. That was probably a rub for her mother. "Kitchen's this way. We got both turkey and ham, since the gremlin doesn’t like birds for some reason. Then there’s the macaroni Tash stole from Vincent.”

“The mated alpha? This is his recipe?” Victoria seemed enamored by it.

“Tash adds broccoli and cauliflower to it. Lowe hasn’t figured out it’s in there yet, so that’s a secret.”

Victoria laughed, surprising Caleb. Holy shit. That was for real. I actually made the devil laugh? I hope Tasha heard that. He heard her footsteps coming.

“Lowe,” Tasha cooed as she led the sleepy boy into the room. “You know Grammy and Grampy?”

The grumpy tantrum lurking beneath Lowe’s grogginess vanished. “Grammy and Grampy are here?”

Caleb and Tasha knelt to get on their son’s level. “No,” Caleb answered, “but we have a surprise for you. You know how Grammy and Grampy are my mommy and daddy?”

Lowe beamed as he nodded.

“Well, your mommy also has a mommy and daddy.”

The kiddo looked at Tasha, then saw Andre and Victoria. “Grammy and Grampy?”

Caleb felt a heartstring tug as Victoria choked on a sob. She’s getting emotional. I never thought I’d see the day. This means a lot to her.

Tasha scooted to Lowe’s side, allowing a better look at his grandparents. “They’re my mommy and daddy, and they want to meet you.”

When Andre and Victoria knelt, Lowe started walking. The tension in the air was thick as Caleb watched carefully. His heart soared as his son went to the alpha first. “Grampy is an alpa?”

Andre was astonished. He silently lipped to Caleb, “He can tell?”

Caleb merely shrugged. I guess Lowe’s an alpha-magnet.

When Lowe suddenly latched onto Andre, everyone went quiet. Except for Lowe. “I got an alpa Grampy!”

He felt Tasha’s emotions through their bond, so he moved to hold her. She’s happy. She won’t show it, but she’s so happy right now. To see her son and father finally together…

After a kiss to the kiddo’s forehead, Andre looked at Caleb and Tasha. “He’s a special one. You know he’s not going to grow up to be a lion or a leopard?”

Once Lowe fixated on Victoria, Caleb whispered, “What’re you talking about?”

“I can smell it on him. I’ve heard about the chances, but to think one will be in my family line.”

Caleb caught on. “You’re saying he’s going to be a lipard? Are you sure?”

Andre sighed. “I’m pretty certain. It’s different from most of the interspecies relationships I’ve come across. The offspring typically has a scent that favors one parent, but Lowe’s is strange. It’s almost like I smell both of you within his natural odor.”

Hearing their child will be a one-of-a-kind shifter, Caleb and Tasha held each other. I’m not sure why, but I trust Andre’s judgment on this. He doesn’t seem like the same man I once knew. I think he’s had a long, long talk with his leopard. Victoria’s changed a little, but not nearly as much as him. These things just take time.

Dinner went smoother than expected. Victoria even convinced the rugrat to finish his plate. Both of Tasha's parents were smitten by Lowe, and Tasha was pleased with their behavior. Caleb leaned over and whispered in her ear, "Figured you'd be harder on them."

"I am, but seeing them happy… I haven't seen that in years. Who knew Daddy needed his ass kicked to cause this change."

"I think it was that, him watching Vincent fight, and meeting Lowe."

They all shared playtime with the gremlin before he started dozing off. After putting him down for a late-bedtime, the four adults sat in the living room. Each of them were comforted by their mates. Andre was the first to speak. "You've made a nice home here, and your son's a bundle of joy."

Since they arrived, Victoria had toned down her sarcasm and conniving attitude. "It almost reminds me of our first home, Dre. Remember, the cottage in Gilbert?"

She looked at Caleb and sighed. "Caleb, I would like to apologize. Call me a blind woman, but I now see how happy you've made my daughter."

Feeling Tasha's hand stroking his inner thigh, Caleb knew he had her approval to accept it. "Thank you, Victoria. Being blunt, there's a lot to recover from involving our past, but this is a nice start."

"Then allow us to hit the ground running," stated Andre. He rose and left through the front door. Returning moments later, he held a couple of manilla envelopes. "Caleb…"

The alpha's lip trembled as he inhaled sharply. "I've had a short amount of time to collect myself after the summit, but my past has come to haunt me. I haven't slept well since. The things I've said, the atrocities I've committed… They're inexcusable. You loved my daughter, even after we forbade your attempts. Clearly, we never thought of the feelings you shared. My hatred for you taking Tasha from us consumed me, and it took you beating some sense into me to realize my errors.

"Before I go any further," Andre said. He knelt. "For my past transgressions, my attempts to relocate you, and my shameless attempt to murder you all those years ago, I can not apologize enough. I am at your mercy. I won't offer you my head, as that is the coward's way out. Whatever punishment you deem necessary, I commit to it."

The weight of the world landed on Caleb's shoulders. Andre was always one for tradition, but to have him on his knees in front of me. He turned to Tasha for guidance, but she was equally lost. Victoria hung her head in shame.

The night at his lowly apartment in Phoenix came to mind. He nearly escaped the three leopard shifters who chased after him. That was the night Tash gave up everything for me.

Only one solution came to mind. The ailouros rose and stared at the groveling man. "Be a man, Andre."

The leopard looked up.

"You're a father, to both your family and your leap. My punishment is for you to keep growing up. You've done well since our fight, but sniveling and begging for forgiveness won't get you anywhere. Push through, and be a fucking man. You've been given a taste of being Lowe's grandfather, but you need to keep the pedal down.

"Don't you want to earn the right to shake my mated-alpha's hand one day?"

The man's eyes glowed, and Caleb could see Andre's determination. "Of course."

"Then it starts with you learning the meaning of family. It's not about money, power, fame, or anything like that. It's being there when we need each other. To hear us out on a bad day. To offer assistance instead of abandoning. Right now, Tasha and I are standing on our feet, ready to tackle the next part of this relationship. Here you are, weeping and begging for forgiveness."

Caleb knelt and offered a hand. "This is what family does. Time to get up, old man."

Andre choked up before lightly grasping the lion's offer. After taking a moment to dry his tears, Andre cleared his throat. "I'll always be sorry."

"That's to be expected. I forgive, but I won't forget."

The leopard raised the envelopes, glanced at them, then gave them to Caleb. "You said money doesn't exist in your definition of family, but I want you two to take these."

There were no words written, so Caleb opened them. "What's this?"

"We had Tasha reinstated in our wills. In the event of our deaths, she gets half of everything, split between her and Damian. There's also a deed for our home in Gilbert. I… I don't expect you two to move, but it'll be there should you decide to go on a vacation or eventually give it to Lowe when he makes his own path. You can do whatever you wish, but all that's needed are your signatures."

With Tasha at his side, they were both blown away. "Daddy," she mumbled.

Caleb held her as he clasped them shut. "We'll need to talk about this together. Do you mind if we mail this back later?"

"Take your time. All I want is to be considered family again. Not just for Lowe's sake. I hope, one day, I'll be allowed to call you my son."

As much as he was hit in the feels, Caleb stood undisturbed. "Time's needed for that, but I hope that day comes soon."

Copyright © 2022 astone2292; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 56
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



  • Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, kbois said:

Hmmmm, sponsorship. Now there's a good idea!

You know Aaron has to get a cut.

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
15 hours ago, mansexlover said:

Wow what a great chapter. Reconciliation with Tasha's parents and Vincent's meltdown and subsequent events make for a heart warming story.   thank you 

I agree with this! A very heart warming story

  • Love 5
Link to comment
44 minutes ago, Story Reader said:

I agree with this! A very heart warming story

Thanks, SR! Glad you liked it. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
15 hours ago, scrubber6620 said:

creek , not crick, fries sound much better to think and talk and debate about than a fruit and pepper flavored liquor brought up often in another story in my opinion

I personally like the fries at my local Bon Chon Korean fried chicken restaurant. The are serve red hot and double fried to be extra crispy. They pare well with spicy chicken.

I will say that the wolves' side must be able to handle lots of carbs--eating lots of fries and Vincent's mac and cheese would put many humans to sleep

 

I agree with you about Bon Chon Korean  restaurants and their fries!  We have two Bon Chon restaurants here in Chiang Mai.  The chicken and fries are so good.  The funny thing was until I read your comment, I thought this chain of restaurants were only in a few cities outside of SE Asia. I also learned the company is based in Dallas, Texas.  I got a big laugh out of that.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..