Jump to content

Death in the Shadows 3. In The Shadows Shifters and Shadows

   (7 reviews)
Genres: Romance, Paranormal

After Detective Shaw's death, Vincent and Mason feel the pressure to prepare themselves for the fight with Stefan. Vincent must master his affinities, as North America's fate depends on his victory. Will he be successful in exacting revenge, or will Aliz's destiny of war come to life?

Tierney moves to Owensville, but must handle the EC's investigation into Alpha Stuerm first. Dirk tries to woo his newly found mate, Sarah Poll. Cyrus, Kaplan, and Wagner dig deep into Harold Snyder's business ventures. 

This, and much more in the final book of the In the Shadows trilogy!

This is a warning of any graphic content that may be concerned to readers. The following story includes crude and vulgar language, sexual acts between consenting adults, self-imagination of consenting sexual acts, paranormal or fantasy-related topics/characters, and acts of violence, which include but not limited to acts of self-defense, blood, injury, and death. 
Copyright © 2022 astone2292; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (24 members)

  • Action Packed 22
  • Addictive/Pacing 22
  • Characters 24
  • Chills 13
  • Cliffhanger 15
  • Compelling 19
  • Feel-Good 14
  • Humor 18
  • Smoldering 13
  • Tearjerker 12
  • Unique 19
  • World Building 15

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sherye Story Reader

· Edited by Story Reader

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This story is about life, love and sadness to the point of almost losing your mate but survives with the help of a special someone. You will laugh, cry and scream out in triumph at times. You will be amazed at how Aaron has the ability to keep you in suspense but has the ability to excite and also want to keep you reading. This story is the third trilogy. Hope there might be a 4th one

Response from the author:

Thanks for the review, SR!

I think I'll leave the trilogy as is, but I'm certain side stories will come out at some point. ;) 

  • Love 6
Link to review
Doha

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Death in the Shadows will make you laugh, cry, rage at injustice and dream of a life in the Pack. 

The third in a trilogy, Death in the Shadows, will take you to hell and back and you will love every moment.

Well crafted and sensitively written, this tale of love and war, is a jolly good read. 

It is a page turner, and if you are only coming to it now, it will be a two week binge read. 

Enjoy it. 

Response from the author:

Thanks for the review, Doha!

Not sure about a two-week binge. I'm sure someone will come along and knock it out in a day or two. ;)

  • Love 5
Link to review
raven1

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Death in the Shadows is the final book in a great trilogy of stories.  @astone2292 is an author with very fine skills and has written many good books, but this series is my favorite.  His characters are well developed and you will love both Vincent, Mason and their friends.  The book is filled with humor and unexpected twists that are very fun to read.  I loved the ending with the subtle, but well telegraphed twist allowing more stories in this universe while tying up threads with a very happy ending.  This is a story a reader will appreciate and love even if you don't read shifter stories.  It goes beyond the genre of fantasy as an excellently written story.  I highly recommend this story of adventure and romance.

Response from the author:

Thanks for the review, raven!

I'm pleased to know you enjoyed the ride. This was a difficult tale to end. I knew how I wanted to end it all, but getting there and not being tempted to continue down endless side-stories was heart-wrenching at times. I could've let Vincent, Mason, and friends carry on until the end of days. 

  • Love 4
Link to review
centexhairysub

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Book three on the "In the Shadows" trilogy and a fitting end to this part of the story.  @astone2292 does set it up so me may see some of these characters in a future story from this universe, just probably not Vincentcentric...  

Well written as the first two books were; and I did feel the flow of this story was perhaps the best of the three books.  Truly amazed at how well the secondary characters are developed and how perfectly they fit into the storyline.  The author's take on this paranormal world was unique and really interesting on many levels.  

We do lose a few people in this one that we have come to truly care about; I cried more than once reading this one.  The author has and ability to blend a variety of emotions within one chapter and make them all feel equally valid.

I think that most that followed and enjoyed the first two books will enjoy this one as well.  That said, I did feel that for me the end was something that I had to really spend some time letting it marinate in my mind and heart after reading it.  I found it somewhat disjointed and for me it did not mesh with where I thought the author was taking us.  That said, it is his vision and i applaud him staying true to were he believed it should go.  The epilogue somewhat redeemed the ending for me but still left me a little disappointed. 

I can and do recommend this story.  The writing and characters were so good that even my feeling of disquiet has to take a backseat to that.  I can't give it five stars but I still urge anyone that enjoyed the first two books to continue your exploration of this unique saga.

Response from the author:

Thank you so much for your review, centex! Having you be the first review is so satisfying. You're one of the few who has followed this trilogy since I first started writing it over two years ago.

I love reading your review, and I value it. One of these days, I will earn one of your fabled five-star reviews. ;)

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to review
Rkench

· Edited by Rkench

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

A great end to the “shadows” trilogy with many surprises playing out along the journey, despite some inevitability to where this had to climax. I love these characters so much I’d like to eventually see more of them.  That’s good writing.

The death of a trusted ally prompts Vincent to double down on his shadow affinity training, leading to sacrifices even before his clash with the murderous mage Stefan.

A story of love and loss balanced with hope from unexpected places, and not just for Vincent and Mason.

Highly recommended, however it’s  imperative to start with “Love in the Shadows,” then “Rising in the Shadows,” otherwise the stakes and situations won’t resonate with the reader.  It also helps to read “Cernunnos” for one section, but that passage could just as easily inspire you to read another worthwhile story afterwards.  

Response from the author:

Thanks for the review, rkench!

Again, I'm tickled pink you enjoyed this series, as well as Cernunnos. This cast of character will always be my first set, and thea'll have a place in my heart for for rest of my days. I do have plans to come back to these guys but it may be a few years. Other projects are calling for me. 

  • Love 3
Link to review
Dan South

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Seventy-two days ago I stumbled upon a story, long complete, that promised three things: trust building, everlasting memories and dispatching a dangerous mage.

I dove in not realizing, immediately, that I had found Book One of Three. I stayed in because my position on shifters shifted. What a lovable, even enviable, world they live in! 

The real magic here isn’t found in any of the many mages to be met. It is the everlasting memories this journey offers. The trust too.

Trust Aaron Stone to engross you, enrage you and entertain you. 

I challenge you to turn to Book One, Page One and beat my seventy-two day binge. You’ll be so glad you did.
 

Response from the author:

Thanks for the review, Dan!

Dang, seventy-two days? For any future readers, make sure you clock your binge and record it in the story comments. :P

  • Love 3
Link to review
SnowBear

   3 of 4 members found this review helpful 3 / 4 members

This was a great story, all three books are extremely well written. This series has more ups and downs, twists and turns, than a rollercoaster. 

There's something in here for everyone, sadness, anger, loss, jealousy, and plenty of warm fuzzys to go around.

This journey ended up not where i thought it would, i did not see this coming and I can't hide the fact that I'm a bit disappointed in the outcome. It almost makes the first two books seem redundant. That's not to say the ending is a total washout, many people will be pleased and even consider it justified. This is the only reason i couldn't give it the 5 stars i normally would have. 

Hats off to you sir! 

Response from the author:

Thanks for the review, SnowBear!

I'm glad you enjoyed the story overall. The ending was a little unorthodox, but it's how the story spoke to me. I'll do an editing session in the far future, but the outcome will remain intact. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..