Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,871 Words
  • 2,535 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Child's Haven - 26. Chapter 26

“Jeff, make a note to buy take away cups for coffee.” We sat with Amir, enjoying my coffee and their shakes. The boys chatted about the games, the videos, and the snacks. I could see Amir getting a little excited as well.

“Brad, when’s the elevator for the building going to be finished?”

“Probably not for several months, the base is done, the elevator and the motor at the top take a long time. We don’t have the elevator finished for this building yet, and it was the simplest. Maybe it’ll be a Christmas present.” My phone rang. I saw it was Murray. “I’ll answer this outside; you guys continue to cheer up Amir.” Walking out of the room, “Were you able to locate the building?”

“Yes, it’s exactly where the kid said it was. We have a squad that’ll hit it in 10 minutes. Right now, we have it surrounded, but they don’t know we’re here. The boys in the sound truck say there are people in there.”

“Murray, someone needs to secure the office area, they’ll have records there, and we’ll want them.”

“OK, gotcha. You better get one of your buses here.”

Going back into the infirmary, boys get few cases of water and let’s go. Amir will be back. When you're in the cookhouse getting the water, Pat tell Mario or Adam to have some soup and sandwiches ready. I’m not sure how many boys we’ll have, but tell them at least 30. Meet me on the bus. We’ll be back soon, Amir.”

I went to the bus as Jeff brought two cases of water and placed them behind my seat. That boy has been working out. I started the bus and waited for Pat to board before I took off. I drove to the spot where we found Amir. The area was lit up like a Christmas tree. As soon as Murray saw us, “It was cookbook. We got the boys, the clients who were bidding, and the guys running the place. The boys will be coming out soon.”

“Any idea how many?”

“No, but from what the squad was saying, there were quite a few in pens in the basement, and about ten were in a holding room. One guy had just paid for the boy when we broke in.”

“Perfect, I hope they go before my dad. He’ll throw the book at them.”

While I was waiting, I called my dad, “Dad, we just raided a boy slave auction. Yes, the police got the boys; they got the guys running the slave auction and the clients. But I know there are more clients. I told Murray to secure all records. Yes, I’m learning from you. Maybe when I go back to school, I’ll study to be a lawyer. You bet, Dad. I love you.”

“Jeff, once we get the count, try and call Mario. I know he has a phone, and hopefully, it’ll be on. Give him the count and tell him to fix twice that amount.”

We must have waited at least 30 minutes. Pat was walking up and down the bus. “Jeff, call Janine, tell her we have a load of boys from a slaver, and if there is any serious damage, we’ll stop tonight. That way, she’ll be on standby.”

We had no choice but to wait. Pat yelled, “There they are.”

Murray and O’Shea were leading the boys to the bus. Pat jumped down, a one-man welcoming committee.

We had 2 cases of water, 48 bottles. When all of them were on board, there were only four bottles left. We had saved 44 boys. Pat started talking once the boys were all seated.

“My name is Pat, that is Jeff, and our driver is Brad. We want to welcome you to Sanctuary and let you know that Amir sends his best.”

One of the kids jumped up, “Amir is alive.”

“Yes, you’ll see him tonight.”

I pulled over in front of the clinic. “I need to know if any of you are hurt, broken bones, severe cuts, whip marks, anything that would require a doctor.” I saw the heads shake no. I guess it isn’t good practice to damage the goods. The next question was a lot more sensitive.”I know from Amir that you boys were being sold as sex slaves. I need to know if any of you had sex in the last two days.” One boy raised his hand. I motioned for the boy to come forward, “What’s your name?” “Hiram” “Hiram, you want to catch the man that did that to you, right?”

“Yes, he hurt me.”

“OK, Jeff is going to take you into the clinic, and they’ll take a sample out of your bum. They’ll test it, and they can tell who it was that did that. When that man comes before the judge, the doctors will tell the judge that that man raped you. OK?”

I nodded to Jeff, who put his hand around the boy’s shoulder and led him into the clinic. We waited for about 20 minutes when they came back up. “Janine got a sample of semen. She said he was a little torn back there and gave me some salve to use. Is it ok that I do that?”

I nodded yes, and once they were all seated, drove to the back of Sanctuary. “Jeff, take the boys into the dining hall. Pat, tell Mario that we’re here, and the boys will be in the dining hall.” I went to see Amir.

When I walked into the infirmary, I smiled, “We brought 44 boys, the men running the slavery as well as some of the clients all got arrested. You save some 44 lives. You’re a hero. After they have eaten and showered, I’ll send them over to see you, a few at a time. OK?”

Amir smiled, but he had tears running down his cheeks. I pulled him into a hug and kissed him on the head. “You did good.”

I went to hunt up Beth; she had some work to do this evening. Bubba came up to me, “Have you heard how my dog is doing?”

“No, how about me calling them now and ask.”

I pulled the vet’s card out of my wallet, called, and told them my name, “Last night, we brought a tan dog in that had broken ribs and internal bleeding. My son is interested in knowing how his dog is doing. Can you give me the latest update?”

“Hello, the dog is resting quietly. He has drunk some water and food. We have him on a soft diet until his internal injuries heal.

“Would it be possible to see him tomorrow?”

“Yes, come after 2. We are usually on rounds before that.”

“Thank you. You can see him tomorrow after 2. So look me up, and I’ll take you. Why are there tears in your eyes?”

“You called me your son.”

I gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. “You can be my son, but you better check with your mom.”

He looked at me, “If I’m your son, do I get an allowance?”

He jumped down and ran. I went onto the dining hall, and there was Beth with her forms for registering the boys. Jeff must have found her, or she heard we were going out with the bus, which meant more boys.

“Brad, as soon as they are finished eating, I’ll see they have a shower and some new clothes. Beth is registering them and assigning cocoons. We’re well into 2B.”

“We’ll be ok, we can handle well over 300, and now we are 178, and we haven’t been open for a full year.”

I called Murray, “Murray, I hope the papers keep this quiet until we recover some of the boys that have already been sold. The records that those guys kept should help. I’ll bet they used them to blackmail the people who purchased the boys. It wouldn’t surprise me who the clients were. Did dad freeze the bank accounts? That’s great. I need to open an account for Amir. Thanks, you guys stop by for breakfast, and I’ll let you tell Amir. Maybe I’ll even kiss you in front of the boys. Thanks again.”

Now I got to call Tony, “Good evening Tony. I have a small favor to ask. Stop laughing. Yea, I know, but you are my partner in crime. Along with the police, we did another raid, and my population has grown by 44 boys. Tony, don’t groan. You’ll give me a complex. Look, just buy 200, I’ll find someone for the extra tickets if we don’t use them. You’re a great guy. I’ll treat you to steak at Slims. Yes, I’ll kiss you also.”

I just hope we don’t go over 200 kids before Monday.

Once all the kids had showered and seen Amir, Jeff, Pat, Ronnie, and Billy took them to their assigned cocoons and showed them how they worked. Before going to bed, I stopped to tuck Amir in for the night. “Jeff is showing the new boys to their cocoons. He’ll be back when he’s done. Was it nice to see these boys? Don’t cry. You did a good thing tonight. I’m very proud of you.” I gave him a hug and a kiss on his head.

I was ready for bed. Did I sleep? No, I was thinking about the boys we missed. I just can’t believe the evil that’s in this world. Eventually, I fell asleep only to be awakened by Jeff. “What’s the matter, Jeff?”

“Someone is ringing the bell.” I went downstairs with Jeff following me. I looked out the door and saw Murray. As soon as I opened the door, he led ten more boys in, followed by O’Shea. I must have looked puzzled, “We found some papers in a safe in the basement. There were names, so we went and arrested them; brought the boys here.

Without looking around, “Pat, go and wake Adam, tell him we need food for ten boys. Jeff, do you know where Beth keeps the registration forms.”

“No, Beth is right here.”

“Beth, I’m sorry to have wakened you.”

“I heard the bell, so I knew something was happening. I’ll be right back with the papers.

Adam came into the dining hall, “What would you like me to make for them to eat?”

“Make some sandwiches. Make ten and then bring sandwich stuff here, and you can make some more if they’re hungry.”

Jeff, take them to the showers that’ll wake them up a little. Tomorrow after breakfast, they can go and see Amir.”

“Hang around, Murray, O’Shea, I’ll get some coffee for you.”

I went to the cook shack. “Adam, is there any coffee left?”

“Just some that is left over from dinner?”

“Heat it and bring it to the dining hall as well. Do you need help?”

Adam tilted his head to the side, and there was Pat helping out. I’ve got some great kids here.

After the kids had showered, eaten, Pat and Adam showed them to their cocoons; Jeff went back out to the infirmary. I went back to bed.

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 17
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Brilliant chapter, so the bast@rds were caught with the records, perfect ending for the night and definitely a set of overalls for the perverts , at this rate they will take over the entire theatre for the lion king.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
57 minutes ago, mikedup said:

Brilliant chapter, so the bast@rds were caught with the records, perfect ending for the night and definitely a set of overalls for the perverts , at this rate they will take over the entire theatre for the lion king.

Close on the Lion King, They should just book the balcony and be done with it. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
37 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

Brad mentioned last chapter that Pat might take over some day well he certainly took charge when they got the kids on the bus didn't he.He referred to Brad as the driver.Brad calling Bubba his son was cool.While I believe it was the right thing to do I wonder how brad taking the 44 kids works out legally?I'm worried about some government flunky complaining about juristriction.

Pat took charge on the first day. He's the kind of boy who appreciates what Brad offered.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Great chapter. I'm glad the boys were rescued and they caught the ba####ds with the paperwork, let's hope the Judge dealing with them is Brad's Dad.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

"I just can’t believe the evil that’s in this world!" Honestly, this chapter got to me and the tears flowed! Anger, sadness, disbelief ... and the light that shined hope on it all is Brad, Sanctuary, and the entire crew working together to take care of the littlest of these. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. I'm glad the boys were rescued and they caught the ba####ds with the paperwork, let's hope the Judge dealing with them is Brad's Dad.

If not Brad's it will be one of his dad's friends, a fellow judge, who understands the situation.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Chris L said:

"I just can’t believe the evil that’s in this world!" Honestly, this chapter got to me and the tears flowed! Anger, sadness, disbelief ... and the light that shined hope on it all is Brad, Sanctuary, and the entire crew working together to take care of the littlest of these. 

The evil of the world that Brad occupies, maybe beyond belief, but in the real world this is realism.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Brad, and people like him, don't just give the Kids hope, etc. They are our hope as well. Without people like Brad the world would be even more unbalanced than it already is. More unbalanced than it already is. Tell me that is not hella scary?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
14 hours ago, mikedup said:

Brilliant chapter, so the bast@rds were caught with the records, perfect ending for the night and definitely a set of overalls for the perverts , at this rate they will take over the entire theatre for the lion king.

I think they will come close

  • Like 2
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Buz said:

Brad, and people like him, don't just give the Kids hope, etc. They are our hope as well. Without people like Brad the world would be even more unbalanced than it already is. More unbalanced than it already is. Tell me that is not hella scary?

Yes, the world needs more people with a moral consciencus and compass. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
16 hours ago, CLJobe said:

If not Brad's it will be one of his dad's friends, a fellow judge, who understands the situation.

If not one of his friends, I’m sure Dad and his friends will explain the situation to the third judge!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..