Jump to content
    MacGreg
  • Author
  • 92 Words
  • 1,563 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Poems and Short Quips - 30. Inadequate Joy

Inadequate Joy

 

And if it came to pass that we met face-to-face,

Would you run or deny my proffered embrace?

 

Or would you find the strength to follow my way –

Push away trepidation, be quick to obey?

 

This connection we share was birthed from a star

Two wandering souls conjoined from afar...

 

Persistent daydreams leave us yearning for more

Relentlessly pull us from the safety of shore.

 

Yet I’d much prefer dreams of you as my boy

Than to face the alternative: inadequate joy.

Thank you for reading.
Copyright © 2017 MacGreg; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 3/2/2019 at 5:33 PM, BHopper2 said:

Fantastic poem, Mac. That center stanza produces a lovely visual, that for me, is of two people who find a love and desire for one another despite the distance between them. Beautiful written.

Thank you, A. I like to think that the distance between two people is just a measurement of time. I appreciate your comment on this poem. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 3/2/2019 at 5:48 PM, Mikiesboy said:

Well... i wouldn't run, Sir, if You ever showed up on my doorstep.  Great poem Sir.

Good to know you wouldn't slam the door in my face.

  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
On 3/2/2019 at 5:49 PM, Reader1810 said:

 

 
Fantastic descriptor, Mac 

Thank you, Reader. I appreciate you reading.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 3/2/2019 at 8:36 PM, mollyhousemouse said:

the longing and questioning is palpable in these words

the last stanza though, that one packs a punch

You have a way with words Sir thank you for sharing them

 

I write 'em as I feel 'em. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this one, molly.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 3/2/2019 at 8:37 PM, Parker Owens said:

That’s an awesome poem; I really liked the rhythm of the words you established. You drew me in, like the embrace in the first lines. 

I like that this drew you in, Parker. Thanks for reading and commenting.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 3/2/2019 at 8:57 PM, Geron Kees said:

Nice. You paint well!

Did I paint a picture with this one? Well, good if I did. Thanks for your kind words, Geron.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 3/2/2019 at 9:07 PM, MichaelS36 said:

This is beautiful. I feel for both these wandering souls. They should fully embrace what they have. Because it's a good thing. 

Thank you, Mike. Your comment means a lot to me.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..