Jump to content
    MacGreg
  • Author
  • 60 Words
  • 2,439 Views
  • 25 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Poems and Short Quips - 15. Slaying Dragons

Soundly, boy, you sleep

Wrapped in distant dreams

Fair face masking demons

Which seek to plot and scheme

 

Brittle shards of memories

Lay harsh upon your back

Pressing into open wounds

Attempting to attack

 

I watch you sleep there peaceful

Fair face betraying pain

Would that I could slay dragons

And make you whole again


Thanks for reading.
Copyright © 2017 MacGreg; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wonderful Mac! I can feel the caring and the urge to protect. Spoken from the heart. I understand it all to well.

Link to comment
8 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

This is quite lovely. Full of love, and speaks volumes as to the of the type of man you are.

Thanks, tim.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
8 hours ago, BlindAmbition said:

Wow! Raw, beautiful, and incredibly caring. This choked me up Sir!

Thanks, jp. Didn't mean to choke you with it, lol.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Lyssa said:

Wonderful Mac! I can feel the caring and the urge to protect. Spoken from the heart. I understand it all to well.

Thank you, A. It is spoken from the heart - and I know you know it well.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
7 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

This is very powerful!

And the image it conjours up is sad and soft and strong.

It really spoke to me and I thank you for sharing it.

Thank you, molly. I'm glad it touched you.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
4 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Ah ..... I understand the feeling here all too well. Wonderful Mac 

I know you do, Mike. Thank you.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

I love the gentle rhythm which belies the violence done to your beloved. A hauntingly beautiful poem. 

Thank you, Parker.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

To love and cherish someone so much that you'd slay their dragons if you could? I'm just stunned - happily so - by the declaration of a protective love that bears no qualifications or conditions expressed in these words. 

 

:heart: this

Thank you, Reader.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
2 hours ago, AC Benus said:

This poem creates a very intimate relationship between poet and reader. That's a mirror I suppose of the relationship between poet and sleeping subject....

 

Well done

Yes, there is a reflection there. Thank you very much, AC.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Defiance19 said:

This is an awe-inspiring piece Mac. Intensely protective, yet soothing and trusting. We should all know the love and care offered in your words..

 

Awe-inspiring? Thanks, Def. Just writing from the heart.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

lately i've been doing a lot of re-reading

this one still speaks to me, loudly, and just as clearly as when it was first published

the image is still so clear to me

thank you again, Sir, for sharing these with us

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
16 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

lately i've been doing a lot of re-reading

this one still speaks to me, loudly, and just as clearly as when it was first published

the image is still so clear to me

thank you again, Sir, for sharing these with us

 

Thank you for revisiting and sharing your thoughts again, molly. The fact that it still speaks so loudly to you lets me know the subject matter is universal. For me, it's just as true and strong now as it was when I wrote it. I remember you telling me about the imagery it evoked... Thanks again, my girl. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 7/28/2017 at 6:25 PM, mad_artist said:

You have a huge heart Sir and a protective nature which makes you very special to this boy. xo

The sentiment goes both ways, sean. I'm late in responding to your comment, but the sentiment in this poem remains strong. Lean on me, boy, we'll slay the dragons together.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..