Jump to content
    MacGreg
  • Author
  • 124 Words
  • 2,250 Views
  • 21 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Poems and Short Quips - 23. Temporary Chasm

I’ve noticed that…

Silence becomes easier than language

When the burden of existence weighs heavy,

When the advice of others falls short,

When positive thoughts become ineffective

 

I’ve noticed that…

The periphery becomes favored

When the darkness casts long shadows,

When inner voices convince of wrongdoing,

When solace and distance refuse to reconcile

 

I’ve noticed that…

Stability collides with ambivalence

When doubt and duty fight for the throne,

When consequence of action loses relevancy,

When tunnel vision supersedes logic

 

Yet, I’ve also noticed that…

The brilliance of dawn repeats each day

When we least expect the reprieve

When we pause to breathe and release

When we finally forgive what is lost

 

The chasm, oft self-imposed, is but temporary.


Thank you for patience... and kindness... and getting me out of my own head.
Copyright © 2017 MacGreg; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

Brilliant, Mac, just brilliant! With every word you say so much. I’m still thinking and pondering. 

:hug: my friend 

 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 5
Link to comment
15 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

Excellent poem, Mac. Loved it, and I've felt those emotions before.

Thanks, A. One thing humans share across the board is emotion.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
15 hours ago, BlindAmbition said:

Sir, I wish you nothing but peace. Love you. xo

That means a hell of a lot, coming from you. I wish the same for you, jp.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
15 hours ago, AC Benus said:

Temporary is the right way to regard it. Hugs

Thank you, AC. I have perspective, I know it's only temporary, yet I don't have patience with my own melancholy. Thanks for pushing the point home - temporary.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
15 hours ago, mogwhy said:

your words ring true and give pause... it is just easier to sit in the dark, the silence than it is to reach out again and get smacked-down... or worse, find no one there

It is easier, but isolation is never a long-term solution. We're better when we engage with each other.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

Mac....  

Sending you my best, dear friend... Be well.. *hugs*

Thanks, Def. Your friendship means a lot.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

yes, Sir ... welcome back, You have been missed. 

Perpetual connection. It's a good thing.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
13 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Sometimes looking inward is good. But not for too long ... welcome back from me, also.

Thanks for helping put things into perspective, Mike.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

This reflection and poetic observation is a great encouragement to a weary hearts everywhere. Thank you. 

Feelings we all have, at one time or another. Thanks for your comment, Parker.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Brilliant, Mac, just brilliant! With every word you say so much. I’m still thinking and pondering. 

:hug: my friend

Thank, Reader. There are emotions we as humans commonly share and experience.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
12 hours ago, Renee Stevens said:

Welcome back, Sir. And thank you, Sir, for sharing that with us.

Thank you, renee. I appreciate it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

The imagery is magnificent , so vast and overpowering . Every word , every step from darkness to dawn , from disillusion to re-emergence.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..