Jump to content
    MacGreg
  • Author
  • 130 Words
  • 1,323 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Poems and Short Quips - 24. Another Year

Ruminations as 2017 draws to a close...

Another year sneaks up

Slips by like the wind

Twelve months gone by

And I fear I never lived,

Twelve months gone by

And I crumple and discard each one

Like torn pieces of holiday paper

Removed from shiny, empty promises,

Now forgotten

Now becoming another layer

Of the waste we collect and endure.

 

Create a new path,

Start a new journey,

Make shit happen!

 

This I insist

As I stand amongst the ruins

Clutching shiny wrappings

Wondering where the days went

Wondering where the wind took me

Tossing bygones and regrets

Into the dreamy ebb and flow

Of Time’s continuous current

Cyclical tides that cleanse me

Cyclical tides that usher

In the New Year,

Revealing all that is glorious,

All that is potential.


Thank you for reading, and Happy New Year.
Copyright © 2017 MacGreg; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

There’s wisdom in these words of yours, Mac. I shall be remembering what lies between the lines. 

 

Happy New Mac. :) 

 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

We get busy, and the better things in life slip by when we are dealing with the necessary.  I think you're right we need to make something happen.  Make time for the things we love to do. I do believe it's possible. I think also that not all accomplishments are things we'll see immediately. Seeds we plant today may take time to come to fruition. 

 

I hope you will find time for things you love in life, Mac. All the best in 2018. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..