My apologies ladies and gentlemen!  The hold up of CC is entirely my fault. We had a death in the family last week and things have been a bit out of control, but are starting to settle into the new normal now. I promise I will get the final edit done today and back to Tim as fast as possible! Actually I am surprised he waited this long for me! I am sure he and AC didn't leave me much to correct!

• Like 3

My apologies ladies and gentlemen!  The hold up of CC is entirely my fault. We had a death in the family last week and things have been a bit out of control, but are starting to settle into the new normal now. I promise I will get the final edit done today and back to Tim as fast as possible! Actually I am surprised he waited this long for me! I am sure he and AC didn't leave me much to correct!

Sorry for your loss Kitt. 

Sorry to hear that, Kitt. My condolences :hug:

No need to apologize, Kitt. Your well-being and family take priority over our needs, always. My condolences too and please take care of yourself. No rush on CC.

Off to bed now. see you all tomorrow. :hug:

Edited by Timothy M.

I'm so sorry for your loss  :hug:  We were just worried when we didn't hear from you. Take care of yourself. :) 

• Like 1

My condolences for your loss Kitt :hug:

So after fiddling and editing many of the earlier chapters, I finally posted chapter 12. Hope you like it.

And the tourist information:

Tivoli - the second oldest amusement park in the world.

Bakken or Dyrehavsbakken - the oldest amusement park in the world.

:lol:

Oh and I almost hit the 100,00 words target with this chapter. :D

Edit I: Off to bed now, and there had better be some reviews when I get up tomorrow morning, or I shall be all :,(:pissed: and lose my mojo for ch. 13 (which is already at almost 2,000 words).

Edit II: Oh just got one, thanks pal.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

An excellent chapter Tim.  Well worth the wait and my semi-regular pestering my friend.  :)

It has been a very long, very warm day, and my brain is fried so if it is ok with you, I'll leave a review tomorrow.  

• Like 1

Great chapter, and the cake recipe will fit here just fine, or you can email it. No need to convert things--that's what I use the Internet for when things get more complicated than kilometers, meters and inches. Those I can relate to in my head, but I always look up conversions for things when I bake or cook--all I can ever remember is that water boils at 100 rather than 212. :)

• Like 1

Here you go CG, and thank for the help with translating it. I even managed to find gr to oz and dl to pt converters.

DOCC or Dicte's Orange Chocolate Cake

300 grams (10 ounzes) of butter
500 gr (17 oz) of sugar (can be reduced to 400 gr / 14 oz)
4 eggs
350 gr (12 oz) of flour
75 gr (2.5 oz) of cocoa (Droste or similar)
2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar or vanilla extract
1.5 deciliter (0.3 US pint) of full fat milk (or mix of milk and cream)
0.5 dl (0.1 pt) of orange juice (preferably freshly pressed)
150 gr (5 oz) of dark chocolate chopped into pieces (or dark chocolate chips)
1 dl (0.2 pt) of boiling water

Whisk butter and sugar well, add eggs one by one, add vanilla extract if using this.

Mix flour with cocoa, baking powder, and vanilla sugar if using this. Mix milk and orange juice.

Fold in flour alternately with liquid. Fold in chocolate pieces.

Add the boiling water and stir carefully.

Pour the cake mixture into two greased (or baking paper lined) loaf baking pans. Bake for one hour in the middle of the oven at 175 °C (= 350 °F).

Cut into slices and eat with fork while still warm (for fancy serving add vanilla ice cream and raspberries or blueberries).

Enjoy :P

• Like 1

Thank you for all the awesome reviews :worship:  made my day. :2thumbs:

and I got four new followers (welcome LL and Victor), maybe with the next chapter CC will reach 100 official fans. :D

still feeling good about writing and your reviews gave me food for thought on how to proceed. So you certainly fanned the creative flames. :yes:

and I got four new followers (welcome LL and Victor), maybe with the next chapter CC will reach 100 official fans. :D

still feeling good about writing and your reviews gave me food for thought on how to proceed. So you certainly fanned the creative flames. :yes:

I honestly thought I was already following CC.  I rectified the oversight as soon as I realized I wasn't :*)

• Like 1

I honestly thought I was already following CC.  I rectified the oversight as soon as I realized I wasn't :*)

I hardly ever follow individual stories, I follow the author.

That way not only do I get notifications about all their stories and when chapters are added, edited, etc.

But I also get notifications about them starting a new story.

• Like 1

Mmm, carrot cake, any type of nut cake (no comments from the peanut gallery please), lemon cake, orange (without the chocolate) cake. The list goes on, as long as i avoid chocolate. 

You're sweet Tim... I'll pretty much try anything else, unless you have a not chocolate, but delicious favorite..

Hmm coconut OK?

Maybe I'll PM you with some more suggestions.

• Like 1

Out of likes :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

was that a yes to getting the Dream Cake recipe (the coconut option) ?

Looks good - and I had a great bit of luck, a friend was clearing out her cupboards and gave me a packet of vanilla sugar. it was the only thing in both recipes that I didn't have and had never heard of. :2thumbs:

• Like 1

so I promised you a review and here it is ....

so the story begins in a mysterious way and in a set of events we find our Russell being sent away to Denmark where he meets Jacob. at this point everything is quite a mystery although we feel that Russ' Dad is quite a douche bag. in the first chapter you have painted Denmark in a really beautiful way as well as the journey it took Russell to start his transformation.

firstly let me start of by talking about Russ as Clueless Camping is his journey after all .... Russell was a very sad and depressed boy at the beginning, he was totally clueless about everything which was kind of cute and sad at the same time. but even then when he figured out himself he didn't fight back or wanted to change himself but he accepted himself wholeheartedly. that shows the amount of maturity in him, the story until now showed how he overcame the issues he had with himself and also the journey of his transformation from a resentful and unenthusiastic teenage boy to a confident young man who is ready to face his issues. the fact that he had a loving partner such as Jacob helped him a lot.

now coming to Jacob, he is a confident young man who wanted to help Russell at first to get rid of his guilt but instead found himself falling for the confident and cheerful man Russell has started become. he is the main reason Russ started to come out of his shell and he was there for our boy every time he was needed. while he's good looking, he doesn't feel proud of them but rather blessed which makes him lovable. him being ready to move with Russ proves how much he loves him. he's also got a loving family which helped him in growing to be the person he now is. the sex between them is best described as romantic and loving. in short ,Jacob in three words : romantic, intelligent and  sensible.

while I wanted to write more, I really felt that CC is about Russ more than anyone else and the journey includes Jacob more than everyone else so I really didn't feel like putting other characters along with them here but I'll write about them later :hug:  

• Like 5