DID YOU KNOW:

1. Average number of times a man will ejaculate in his lifetime is 7,200.

2. Women must address bachelors as master instead of mister, according to an Illinois state law.

3. During the 16th century, newly married couples in France had to stand naked outdoors while the groom kissed the bride's left foot and big toe as part of traditional customs.

4. Being unmarried can shorten a man's life by ten years.

5. In 1976, a Los Angeles secretary named Jannene Swift officially married a fifty pound rock. More than twenty people witnessed the ceremony. (And people worry about same sex couples marrying!) :wacko:

Now someone has to top my senseless facts and trivia with their own.

• Like 1
DID YOU KNOW:

1. Average number of times a man will ejaculate in his lifetime is 7,200.

2. Women must address bachelors as master instead of mister, according to an Illinois state law.

3. During the 16th century, newly married couples in France had to stand naked outdoors while the groom kissed the bride's left foot and big toe as part of traditional customs.

4. Being unmarried can shorten a man's life by ten years.

5. In 1976, a Los Angeles secretary named Jannene Swift officially married a fifty pound rock. More than twenty people witnessed the ceremony. (And people worry about same sex couples marrying!) :wacko:

Now someone has to top my senseless facts and trivia with their own.

1. Did you know Moby's knew video for Beautiful includes people who rent or own animal costumes and go to parties where everyone is wearing them. These parties often end up with a form of frotting with the costume on.

Imagine being the next guy to rent the costume.

2. In California, women may not wear a housecoat while driving (My Nanny broke this one ALL the time...in fact they may have MADE the law because of her).

3. If a woman's husband dies without getting her pregnant, his brother is to marry her. If he dies before children ensue, the next brother gets her. You should remember this because it's one of the scenarios the Pharisees and Saducees used in an attempt to trip up Jesus. It's an old Jewish custom.

Now, imagine being the little brother in the family...

4. Being unmarried may shorten the years, but there's no comment on the quality of life difference!

5. People gripe about a lack of traditional values in our country, but haven't really explained WHOSE traditional values they are seeking to restore. My favorite would be the Puritans. Weekly stake burnings of heretics would help restore stronger sense of community as we gathered around the bonfire and sang bible hymnals while sending some poor soul corrupted by evil into the fires of hell through using the fires of the earth.

Call and raise:

1. A rat can last longer without water than a camel.

2. Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks or it will digest itself.

3. The dot over the letter "i" is called a tittle.

4. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.

5. A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.

6. A duck's quack doesn't echo. No one knows why.

7. A 2 X 4 is really 1-1/2" by 3-1/2".

8. During the chariot scene in "Ben Hur," a small red car can be seen in the distance (and Heston's wearing a watch).

9. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily! (That explains a few mysteries....)

10. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.

11. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.

12. The number of possible ways of playing the first four moves per side in a game of chess is 18,979,564,000.

13. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with orange, purple and silver.

14. The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter Pan. There was never a recorded Wendy before.

15. The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin in World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.

16. If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death. (Who was the sadist who discovered this??)

17. Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to s-l-o-w film down so you could see his moves. That's the opposite of the norm.

18. The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA."

19. The original name for butterfly was flutterby.

20. The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.

21. The first product Motorola started to develop was a record player for automobiles. At that time, the most known player on the market was Victrola, so the called themselves Motorola.

22. Roses may be red, but violets are indeed violet.

23. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand.

24. Celery has negative calories. It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with.

25. Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.

26. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.

27. Sherlock Holmes NEVER said, "Elementary, my dear Watson."

28. An old law in Bellingham, Washington, made it illegal for a woman to take more than three steps backwards while dancing!

29. The glue on Israeli postage is certified kosher.

30. The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from public libraries.

31. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a spacesuit damages them.

32. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave!

• 1 year later...

"1. Average number of times a man will ejaculate in his lifetime is 7,200."

I'm not sure this is relevant, but I'm pretty sure i've ejaculated about as much of that number about now and I've just turned 24... Damn, I think I have a problem. : (

-TurtleBoy-

(hehehe)

http://dumblaws.com/

is a great site :D

France has one of my favs :P

Between the hours of 8AM and 8PM, 70% of music on the radio must be by French artists.

No pig may be addressed as Napoleon by its owner.

And one from my state It is illegal to tickle women.

Sighs does it occour to the people in each state and country that some laws are so old they should be changed.

France has one of my favs :P

Between the hours of 8AM and 8PM, 70% of music on the radio must be by French artists.

No pig may be addressed as Napoleon by its owner.

Actually, the songs must be sung in French. Law passed in 1994 if I remember correctly. But if an American artist sings in French, it's OK. A dumb law indeed.

Glad to know about the other one. I wasn't aware of it. I'll rename my pig Bonaparte.

Here I go Lmao!

In maine when a woman goes to a restaurant she must make her first drink last her for an hour and a half and even after finishing her food she must consume the drink before she can leave or she will be arrested

In florida it is illegal to wear sun block on the beach

In Texas when you go to a doctors office it is illegal for you to tell the doctor your problems

In Oregon you may not reside there unless you aggree to run from one side of the state to the other on bare feet non stop

In Colarado in order to buy or rent a home you must jump off the top of a mountain and survive

In Arizona if you want to get married you must fill the grand canyon up with water and the bride and groom will have to swim in it then drink up all the water

• Site Administrator

In Melbourne it is currently illegal to wash you car (excluding windows and mirrors) except at some commerical car washes.

That's because of current water restrictions. If you wash the windows and mirrors, you have to use a bucket. As has been pointed out, this raises an interesting question -- if you use a bucket of water to wash the windows and mirrors, what are you supposed to do with the water afterwards? Why can't you use it to wash the rest of the car as well? Otherwise you're wasting water....

"1. Average number of times a man will ejaculate in his lifetime is 7,200."

I'm not sure this is relevant, but I'm pretty sure i've ejaculated about as much of that number about now and I've just turned 24... Damn, I think I have a problem. : (

Sounds like everything's in working order to me :P

Actually I completely agree with you! I think that number HAS to be off. I've just done some math and by conservative estimates I'm at at least 5,000. That would only give me 2,200 more for the rest of my life. Assuming I make it to 74 - I think the current life expectancy for males in the USA is slightly older, and I'm quite healthy so it seems doable - that would only be about once every two weeks (~12 days)! I can't imagine my libido dropping off that drastically that quickly!