[DomLuka] Your dog or your relatives?

Your dog or your relatives?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. who sleeps outside?

• dogs, it's where they belong (shame on you!)
    • tell the relatives they better start unpacking the tent
    • get over it. you've got a garage. I'm sure your relatives will be very happy in there.

Quick question. Just because I'm a tad bit annoyed right now. Since it's holiday season, I've got relatives staying over. Uninvited relatives. They could have stayed at two different places with a lot more room but chose to show up on my doorstep because I don't care that they're always high and I don't make couples sleep in separate rooms. I can put up with having no control over the stereo, the remote control, and don't mind making an extra run for groceries because they're eating all my food. BUT, what I do mind, is coming home after that grocery store run and finding my dogs thrown out into the back yard (where someone thinks they should sleep) because like most dogs I know, they think they're attention deprived and get in your face every time the opportunity arises. But they're polite about it (no jumping, begging for food, exe.) And it's cold outside, and they both have short hair. I put my foot down***foot heavily dropped***so now I'm the bad guy and other than the dogs, no one here's agreeing with me.

This would be my frivolous attempt to convince myself I'm right and everyone else is wrong. Besides, when all else fails, start a poll. (Which, I couldn't figure out how to do in my blog)

So, who sleeps outside?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ..........I like the way you think, 1st off the dog gets my vote in 'dibs' on your place, un-welcome guests should be made as uncomfortable as possible since they were un-welcome in the 1st place. :lol:

Oh hell no, guests don't get to decide where my dog sleeps. Especially outdoors during the winter.

My dog sleeps in the bed with me curled up by my feet (or the Ex when he has custody of her). While I won't let my dog annoy guests who don't want dogs jumping on them or kissing them (those non-dog people :rolleyes: ), their asses would have to find somewhere else to stay if they didn't want the dog indoors.

Keep your foot firmly planted. If for some crazy reason you agree with your guests, you probably won't have a good nights sleep and neither will your dogs.

Those who are loyal and love you unconditionally shouldn't be treated so poorly.

Edited by NaperVic

Oh, the dogs, definitely. They, at least live there. My poor little miniature pincher shakes forEVER when I take him out it the winter even when there's no snow. He burrows between my legs to sleep on the hottest of summer days. I'd have thrown a fit. I say, kick 'em to the curb. *pets the pups*

Oh hell no, guests don't get to decide where my dog sleeps. Especially outdoors during the winter.

My dog sleeps in the bed with me curled up by my feet (or the Ex when he has custody of her). While, I won't let my dog annoy guests who don't want dogs jumping on them or kissing them (those non-dog people :rolleyes: ), their asses would have to find somewhere else to stay if they didn't want the dog indoors.

Keep your foot firmly planted. If for some crazy reason you agree with your guests, you probably won't have a good nights sleep and neither will your dogs.

Those who are loyal and love you unconditionally shouldn't be treated so poorly.

B) ...........Of course your right!! Unwelcome guest are not the same as family, even though they are probably even more unwelcomed!! :lol: Hummm, I never had this happen to me! Most of my family is in town, therefore when the dinners done......go Home!! Hahaha! however, I do recall having to go to a 'certain' family members place (across town) and could not wait to get the f*ck out of there..

Wictionary.org defines a guest as "a recipient of hospitality, specifically someone staying by invitation at the house of another".

I say continue to put your foot down. The uninvited guests (intruders) should behave at least as well as the dogs do. Just remember...when the holidays are over and the guests depart, you still have to live with the dogs.

At our place, the cats and the guests have a symbiotic relationship. The guests view the cats as amenities (footwarmers!), and the cats view the guests as new sources of amusement. If it's not the same at your place, you either need new guests, new pets, or both. :D

*gasps!* who voted for kicking out the dogs?!? :blink:

Found my mean. Stuck to my mean. No one slept outside. :great: But I'm so f*cking happy two individuals are leaving tomorrow, and it ain't my girls.

:lol: ............Hahaha!! Great, hope you had a great bird anyway, and Urah!! for your dogs!

• Site Administrator

Yikes!!! :o:blink::*)

I got so PO'd with what you were telling us about, I clicked dogs by accident (honestly!!!). I guess I was thinking who should stay in the house? What I really wanted was an option to kick the relatives out into the cold without a tent or garage as an option :P .

Since you tolerate their other shortcomings of being house guests, they must have figured they have control of your house. I'd give them a hour to pack up and get the hell out. See if they can find anyone else in the family that would be willing to tolerate them.

I voted for the realtives to be OUT! :angry:

I odn't like people to run things in MY house w/o MY agreement!

Oh, and the dogs aren't noisy don't eat all my foods & don't act obnoxious!

I love dogs :wub:

• 3 months later...

I don't have a dog. But I sure as hell wouldn't have anybody dictating the terms of how MY dogs are going to behave in THEIR surroundings. It's their home. If they normally sleep inside, they will always sleep inside.. regardless of guests. Plus... the guests that I'd have would either love dogs or they'd decide of their own volition to stay in a hotel. Actually... it wouldn't even come up. If someone tried to do some shit with my dogs, I would tell them that isn't how things work around here and if they tried to argue... they get to stay confined to the guest room and won't be out with the family and my dogs. Otherwise.. back yard!