[DomLuka] Chey, how do you pronounce it?

Cheyenne's nickname  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How do you pronounce Chey?

• ch-ay
    • shy

Now that Chey (Cheyenne) has made an appearance in a new Domluka story, I've always wondered how people pronounced her nickname. We probably all pronounce Cheyenne the same (shy-anne) , but what about Chey? It's probably correct to pronounce it shy, but whenever I read it in DD, I pronounced it Ch-ay.

How about you?

Edited by NaperVic
Now that Chey (Cheyenne) has made an appearance in a new Domluka story, I've always wondered how people pronounced her nickname. We probably all pronounce Cheyenne the same (shy-anne) , but what about Chey? It's probably correct to pronounce it shy, but whenever I read it in DD, I pronounced it Ch-ay.

How about you?

I would say "shy".

Logically, I can see why it would by "shy," but it never came out that way in my head when I read the story. About the same time, we had a vice president named Cheney, so I always wanted to spell that "Cheyney" and call the dog "chay."

I never thought of the dog as a Communist revolutionary, though.

And I never did find out how to pronounce "Myr."

Logically, I can see why it would by "shy," but it never came out that way in my head when I read the story. About the same time, we had a vice president named Cheney, so I always wanted to spell that "Cheyney" and call the dog "chay."

I never thought of the dog as a Communist revolutionary, though.

And I never did find out how to pronounce "Myr."

I agree it should probably be shy, but at the time I probably read it chay

as for the other... just like the space station. It was confirmed in Dallas. At least I think he was nodding to that there was a fine looking specimen in a stetson blue shirt and some wranglers.... he could have been nodding to that.

I'm surprised that the majority don't say...didn't vote for..."shy". Most nicknames bear a closer resemblance to the actual or proper name. We Michaels are more likely to be called "Mike" than "Muck". :lol:

Edited by MikeL

To be honest I didn't even know that was how to pronounce 'Cheyenne' -- and I certainly wasn't thinking of that when I saw 'Chey.' Someone brought up Cheney, and I think that, of all things, affected my pronunciation... :blink:

How about you?

I voted shy, though said Chey in my head.

• 3 weeks later...

I pronounce her name Chey Anne and for short i say it Shay like Shayne lol..

Ha ha i'm gonna have to take alot of pictures of my Cheyanne when we get her. Hopefully i'll meet some gay guy and he will say "Oh thats a pretty name where did you get that name from?" I'll be like "DomLuka" Wham! Wedding Bells :) lol

Hopefully i'll meet some gay guy and he will say "Oh thats a pretty name where did you get that name from?" I'll be like "DomLuka" Wham! Wedding Bells :) lol

And what if he replies "Domluka? So are you an LRITE or an SRITE?" :P

• Site Administrator
And what if he replies "Domluka? So are you an LRITE or an SRITE?" :P

Be careful how you answer that one Mattie, if you get the wrong one you might have to resort to stalking and kissing the guy :P

i say it Shay like Shayne lol..

Anyone was better then Aaron Kesling lol.

Except Chey. :o Lol

Shay, ftw!

Be careful how you answer that one Mattie, if you get the wrong one you might have to resort to stalking and kissing the guy

:lol: Rotflmao, and TLITE, FTW!!

• 2 weeks later...