• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An elderly gentleman had serious hearing problems for a number of years. He went to the doctor and the doctor was able to have him fitted for a set of hearing aids that allowed the gentleman to hear 100%.

The elderly gentleman went back in a month to the doctor and the doctor said, 'Your hearing is perfect. Your family must be really pleased that you can hear again.'

The gentleman replied, 'Oh, I haven't told my family yet. I just sit around and listen to the conversations. I've changed my will three times!'

• Like 1

MikeL:  This is truly the "Circle of Life"!

Success

As you go through life, your perspectives on almost everything will change. 
How you define success will change as  well.
  If you live long enough, you will revisit your perspectives.

At age 4  success is not peeing in your pants.

At age 12 success is  having friends.

At age 16 success is  having a drivers license.

At age 20 success is  having sex.

At age 35 success is  having money.

At age 50 success is  having money.

At age 60 success is  having sex.

At age 70 success is  having a drivers license.

At age 75 success is  having friends.

At age 80 success is  not peeing in your pants.

There was a lot of lucky people in that. Some of those I've seen on TV.

I see one of them all the time. A local attorney uses one of the semi rollover scenes in his TV advertising.

Edited by MikeL

An elderly lady decided to give herself a treat for her 85th birthday by staying overnight in an expensive hotel. When she checked out the next morning, the desk clerk handed her a bill for $450.00. She exploded and demanded to know why the charge was so high. “It's a nice hotel but the rooms certainly aren't worth $450.00 for just an overnight stay. I didn't even have breakfast."

The clerk told her that $450.00 is the "standard rate," so she insisted on speaking to the manager. The manager appeared and said: "This hotel has an Olympic-sized pool and a huge conference center which are available for your use."

"But I didn't use them," she said. ''Well, they are here, and you could have," explained the manager. He went on to explain that she also could have seen one of the in-hotel shows for which the hotel is famous . "We have the best entertainers from the world over performing here," the manager said.

"But I didn't go to any of those shows," she said. "Well, we have them, and you could have," the manager replied.

No matter what amenity the manager mentioned, the lady replied, "But I didn't use it" and the manager countered with his standard response. After several minutes discussion with the manager unmoved, she decided to pay, wrote a check, and gave it to him.

The manager was surprised when he looked at the check. "But madam, this check is for only $50.00."

"That's correct. I charged you $400.00 for sleeping with me," she replied.

"But I didn't!" exclaimed the manager.

Well, You know what the woman said to that.

• Like 2
Lost Your Car Keys Lately?

After a meeting several days ago, I couldn't find my keys.  I quickly gave myself a personal "TSA Pat Down."

They weren't in my pockets.  Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the parking lot. My husband has scolded me many times for leaving my keys in the car's ignition.

He's afraid that the car could be stolen. As I looked around the parking lot, I realized he was right.

The parking lot was empty. I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen.

Then I made the most difficult call of all to my husband: "I left my keys in the car and it's been stolen."

There was a moment of silence. I thought the call had been disconnected, but then I heard his voice, "Are you kidding me?" he barked, "I dropped you off!"

Now it was my turn to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, "Well, come and get me."

He retorted, "I will, as soon as I convince this cop that I didn't steal your damn car!"
Edited by MikeL
  • Like 1