What has it got in its pocketses?

Gollum asked this in The Hobbit.

I got the idea from another thread about wearing jeans without pockets, and started wondering what others might feel lost or naked without. (And if you do wear pants without pockets, what do you just have to carry?)

If I turned out my pockets, I'd have my wallet, keys, cash (separate from my wallet, in case my pocket's picked), coins, and a pocket knife. (I've carried a knife since elementary school. The only thing that's changed is the style - now it's a 3-bladed Uncle Henry - sometimes, I like to carve.)

I dont usually use pockets but in my bag I have.... 2 purses (coin and notes) a credit card wallet, two - no three notebooks, five pens, a pack of tissues, a deodorant stick, a pair of gloves, a lipstick (black) and an eyeliner (black) The bag itself is, of course black with a skull and rainbow.

If I was to turn out my pockets I would be carrying at any given moment : my wallet, house keys, car keys, coins, my cell phone, and a small pad with a pen for notes and story ideas. I'd be naked if I had to go without pockets. :(

In my jeans pocket I always have my phone, but otherwise I use my bags,

I have my work bag which has multiple muesli bars, my riding clothes, my inhaler, my wallet, a couple of water bottles, deodorant, sunscreen, painkillers, a knife, and a pair of sunnies

In my normal bag which is really small and awesomely purple, It has my wallet, my iPod and (if I have to take my phone out of my pocket) my phone

I totally forgot, but I do have my keys in both bags

Edited by Bumblebee

i don't keep much in my pockets and I only keep essentials in my handbag (wallet, car keys, house keys, mobile phone)

I couldn't live without my car though. Its like a giant handbag on wheels. I have clothes, shoes, painkillers, books, notebooks, wool, stuff from work etc.

Which reminds me I really need to clean my car out. :D

In pockets I usually just keep change. But in my purse I always have, wallet, mp3 player, a book(crucial), the days meds(hope thats gone soon) papers, pens. I actually hate carrying a purse and would rather just use whatever pockets are there, but with my life as it is right now, no choice but to carry one.

When I am out in public, my pockets contain my wallet, a comb, and my car key. I guess I travel light.

And I NEVER leave the house without my coat of arms ring. I might leave without everything else, but never without that!

I'm a network administrator for a small law firm.

I carry these items all the time:

Posted Image <Mini Maglite for dark spots

Posted Image < Gerber multi-tool

Posted Image 6 way screwdriver, small

I have found that this mix of tools does better than a large, heavy toolbox.

Plus:

keys

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

which explains why I wear

Posted Image

Cargo pants

I call the fashion created by all this gear functional geekdom.

James, with all that, I hope you wear a belt AND suspenders. :lmao: I've got to admit that for work, I also carry a backpack, stuffed, and might be able to overhaul a carburetor or field dress a sword wound, if I had to.

Nephy, what can I say? You ARE the dark goddess.:worship: (skull and rainbow?)

• Site Administrator

My job is momma and most people can tell by my purse. I avoid using my pockets for things because I'm notorious for washing cell phones and chapsticks. I just risked an eye peeking into my purse and at this time I have a wallet with all my cards, cash, checkbook ect..., 2 bags of fruit snacks, lotion, bandaids, many receipts, 3 pens I can see, mace on my keychain and my keys, a one way cpr kit with gloves, my cell phone, 2 kinds of chapstick, a small pocket knife/scissor combo, an uncashed check (only for $9), two hair ties, a claw clip hair thingy, a small mirror, a stack of business cards for my MOMS club and scotch tape oddly enough, lol. I only carry a medium size purse so it's kinda stuffed full :P And I'm boring so my purses are always brown or black leather, it lasts and doesn't show dirt.

I'm a network administrator for a small law firm.

I carry these items all the time:

Posted Image <Mini Maglite for dark spots

Posted Image < Gerber multi-tool

Posted Image 6 way screwdriver, small

I have found that this mix of tools does better than a large, heavy toolbox.

Plus:

keys

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

which explains why I wear

Posted Image

Cargo pants

I call the fashion created by all this gear functional geekdom.

Hahaha! I love that just in case we can't figure out what your carrying, you put up pictures to show us!

I wear scrubs almost every day and thank goodness they have lots of pockets. I always have my cell phone, 2-3 pens (people steal them!) my keys, some change and my bank card and chapstick. (I'm addicted to chapstick!)

I do carry my backpack which is usually crammed full of a change of clothes and a couple of notebooks!

• Site Administrator

LOL KC, been there! When I used to be in nursing I always carrried pens (always being stolen, yep, grrr) and mefix, scissors, scrap paper... 2 front pockets in each shirt, 2 hip pockets and 2 leg pockets... Not to mention scrubs are super comfy. Switching over to office clothes for the job I had after that was quite the shock, I actually had to worry about colors and appearance again, lol!

I'm what i call a just-in-caser, so i end up carrying lots of things - just in case.

In my bag i currently have my wallet, keys, lipbalm, tons of receipts, any old forms or leaflets i've forgotten about, tissues (just in case), minimum 3 pens (just in case), diary, notebook, book, cardigan (just in case), scarf (just in case), and i lost my mini umbrella, but i usually carry one of those too (just in case).

Generally though, i'm only completely lost if i forget a pen. Mobile phone? I can live for days without it. Watch? Meh. Wallet? Yeah, i suppose that could be difficult, but i've never forgotten it yet. No worries. But a pen??? Can NOT live without one. EVen if i have no notebook, there's usually a receipt / paper napkin / spare arm to write on.

Oh, and my bag is purple with lots of multicoloured polka dots :D

Three things I always carry and feel very weird without: My cell phone (most important), my wallet, and my keys. You will rarely, if ever, catch my without those three things. I also carry my Swiss Army knife a lot of the time.

Edited by TetRefine

I usually carry a backpack in which my laptop, books, wallet, pens, and a shirt. When I'm not carrying my backpack; I have my wallet in which some cash, my atm card, apartment keys and my id.

I usually carry a backpack in which my laptop, books, wallet, pens, and a shirt. When I'm not carrying my backpack; I have my wallet in which some cash, my atm card, apartment keys and my id.

In my pockets you'll probably find gum, cigarette lighter (never know when that comes in handy) money with money clip , wallet if I don't have a bag on me, loose change, tazer and case ( just kidding I haven't bought it yet) and thats about it.

I normally keep my pockets stashes so I started carrying a small bag like a gym bag I'd like to get a man bag because like Cia said you can carry a large amount of stuff and I have meds that need to be left with me at all times.

In my pockets you'll probably find gum, cigarette lighter (never know when that comes in handy) money with money clip , wallet if I don't have a bag on me, loose change, tazer and case ( just kidding I haven't bought it yet) and thats about it.

I normally keep my pockets stashes so I started carrying a small bag like a gym bag I'd like to get a man bag because like Cia said you can carry a large amount of stuff and I have meds that need to be left with me at all times.

Oh my goodness, a tazer? Really??:lmao:

Hmm.. Sewing kit, cell phone, change purse, wallet that matches my purse that has my cards and cash, moist towelettes, hand sanitizer, lotion, deodorant, hair brush, a tiny bag of make-up, tide to go, tooth brush, gum, candy that's been in there god knows how long, pictures, car keys to like three different vehicles, book that I'm currently reading, can of mace. I think that's it..

I never stick anything in my pockets... I can't stand the feeling of things in there.

Pocket elves.

I caught two in the wild a while back and have been carrying them in my pockets ever since.

Part of me wants to know what they're doing to keep busy in your pocket. Part of me really, truly doesn't.