Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Odyssey

Well, you'll have to wait longer than that. Not happening today. The truth of the matter is that I simply haven't had time to do much writing lately, and the Odyssey cupboards are bare. Sorry everyone. I'll work on it when real life cuts me some slack.

Well, you'll have to wait longer than that. Not happening today. The truth of the matter is that I simply haven't had time to do much writing lately, and the Odyssey cupboards are bare. Sorry everyone. I'll work on it when real life cuts me some slack.

Mark you have no need to apologize. While I and I'm sure many others will anxiously await the next installment of Granger and company, we fully understand the rigors and demands of everyday life. You are truly entitled to take whatever time you need. Hopefully, things will get better for you in the near future. Until then concentrate on what is important (You, Your health, Your Family and Love Ones, and Your job). Your Granger fans will understand.

Edited by Kookie

Thanks for letting us know. We can manage our anxiety a little better knowing that checking every few minutes will be fruitless,

• Like 2

Sounds like life has dealt you a full plate today Mark. I know it is difficult to be creative when life is happening around you in a full gale. In this I know I can speak for everyone; Be well and be happy. And don't confuse our anxiety and lust for copy as anything other than admiration for a superb author. Showing our impatience is just another way of extolling the virtues of your fantastic craft, not a demand for performance.

Take care of what is truly important in life and know that we are sending our best wishes for you and yours.

Be well my friend.

John

aka Ricky

Yes, I'm missing my Granger fix too! Especially when a few Paternity chapters keep popping up in a row. Makes me feel neglected! Mark, I know you won't forget us but the Bridgemont series is one of my all time favorites so it's hard not to miss my weekly peak into the past!

Thanks, Nevius

Yes, I'm missing my Granger fix too! Especially when a few Paternity chapters keep popping up in a row. Makes me feel neglected! Mark, I know you won't forget us but the Bridgemont series is one of my all time favorites so it's hard not to miss my weekly peak into the past!

Thanks, Nevius

Keep in mind that the HMS series is much harder to write. Since so much is woven loosely into history it requires a lot more than sitting down and hammering out a soap opera. And when your cupboard is bare, it will take a bit to replenish the stock. Some parts are harder to write because the research is more intensive so you need to have at least a chapter backlog to keep from being on the deadline rush every week.

Don't get me wrong, if he posted "daily" it wouldn't satisfy my hunger for it. But rush it and you won't have the meat and potatoes you've grown to have a taste for. He's having a go at life right now. Give him some leeway. When it comes back it will be meaty and worth the wait.

• 3 weeks later...

We got a chapter in Paternity today, so maybe in another week????

Based on his post in another thread, probably at least 2......edited 10-1-12

Another week to go? At least the Cards are providing me some diversion. NLDS starts today!

Cards up 2 games to 1 and can finish up today in DC.

Well, it took until Friday and 5 games with a near death defying spotting the Nats 6 runs and then having to make those runs up, but the Mojo of the Cards held and they came from behind and won a heartbreaker for DC.

Today it's on to the Giants.

I'm hoping a Granger episode or a CAP chapter is posted tonight! PLEASE! PRETTY PLEASE!!!

Edited by Daddydavek
  • 3 weeks later...

I've edited the above post for the past 2 weeks. Time to start a new one.

Cards play again tonight in "the city" and are up 1-0

I was so hoping for a chapter either here or in CAP over the weekend.

Thank heavens the CARDS are providing some distraction as my withdrawal is becoming pronounceddddddddddddddddddddd.

Edited by Daddydavek

An awesome chapter Mark. Fomenting a mutiny could be just the right rope to hang him with but more interesting is his motivation. Does he plan to seize the ship and kill the good doctor as well as the Captain? Something tells me that things will get worse before they get better. Conway will have to move fast if he is under suspicion. Who else is in this conspiracy? You can't hang them all can ya?

Will Winkler save the day? A midshipmen maybe? I'm thinking that both Calvert and Granger need to start sleeping with their swords.

Sounds like a stop in the Canaries will be required just to get more rope for the hangings. Or perhaps Mr Conway will make good his escape given the chance and fix the problem.

Regardless, this makes the cheese more binding!

I beg at 7:50 am and Mark posted at 8:03. Who says wishes are never answered?

Conway as ship's master was a known probable problem and has indeed caused enough mischief. Granger has had enough and is determined to get to the bottom of things.

My day can only get better if the Cards win again tonight!Posted Image

• Like 1

Is that the game with a puck?

Posted Image NO hockey for the Blues, the season is slowly being cancelled due to labor contract negotiations.

But the BASEBALL Cardinals are still flying in the Middle of October! Post-Season playoffs. Gotta love 'em!Posted Image

Posted Image NO hockey for the Blues, the season is slowly being cancelled due to labor contract negotiations.

But the BASEBALL Cardinals are still flying in the Middle of October! Post-Season playoffs. Gotta love 'em!Posted Image

AH! Baseball! Yes, know it well. Orange ball, goes through a net. Got it.

Pretty much all sports boils down to one philosophy.

Give'm the ball and they won't hurt ya.

• Like 1

I was so excited to awaken this morning and find a new chapter of Odyssey posted and waiting to be read. I devoured it in only a few minutes then went back and enjoyed it again a little slower to pick up anything I missed the first time around.

It was magnificient... I really do believe that the Bridgemont series is the best series of stories on the internet in any genre. I just believe the level of detail and writing make it unmatched anywhere...

I love how Granger is able to keep his cool even after Winkler was able to confirm his previous information from Cavendish. Granger will allow Conway to keep up his game and set a trap that pulls him down and maybe even provides evidence that will tie Maidstone to the scheme. Granger will give Conway enough rope to hang himself and maybe even damage his boss as long as his actions do not directly risk the safety of the ship or it's crew.

I really liked how Granger removed Conway from being in charge of the midshipman; this is a group that would be preyed upon by someone like Conway. Granger always watches out for those under him.

Mark, I do hope that you got some rest and was able to recharge your batterries. Your are such a truly talented writer... and that support staff of yours isn't bad either....

Wow!! This was worth waiting for...as I knew it would. My suspicions about Mr. Conway seem to be well founded and I can't wait to see how it will be resolved. I still think the man with the hook is a plant. This may turn out to be one of Granger's biggest challenges yet.

He probably should cool it with Calvert until this gets figured out.

So glad to have you back, Mark!

I know Mark has been very busy, and maybe because this has been a difficult time for me personally. (forced retirement) it has seems even longer. However, now that is over and Mark is back writing. All seems better. As I reflect on the new chapter, I again see one of the great characteristics of Mark's writing, or maybe story telling, he brings many story lines and forces together. The spy and his plan to wound George and his ship, the relationship of George and his first officer, how having it remain secret is very important, and the dangers and adventures awaiting the crew. All these things and more woven into just this one chapter. Maybe rising more questions than answering them. It is great to have you back Mark. Now that I have more time I look forward to reading more of the adventure of George and his crew as they circle the world.

An added thought: George has more power than a normal captain. I believe he has the power to appoint, confirm and reappoint the governor as he sees fit. What if he would keep Conway on ice until he arrivals, building the case against him and his master. Upon arrival reappoints his brother, Bertie. Has the two tired for instilling mutiny, which must to a capital offense and when London hears of this it is to late for them to act. Everything of course would be done according to English law.

Edited by rjo

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..