Favorite Song Of All Time

So I figured since we have a Song Of The Moment Thread, and various "best songs of...." threads, why not start a favorite song of all time one. Just post a song that you love above all others and would take every time over other songs.

Bleeding Out, by Imagine Dragons. I love this song and could listen to it for days. They are freakin' amazing.

• Like 2

I don't have a favorite song of all time. Not because I don't know some powerful, sweet melodies, but because I don't think there's anyone I think is overall best or favorite of all time. I listen and adore a whole lot of songs. A possible favorite could have been Halo by Beyonce from I Am... Sasha Fierce but there's also Liberian Girl by Michael Jackson, I Hate This Part by The Pussycat Dolls and Deliverance by Yanni. <shrugs>

Well, my absolute favorite changes pretty much every year because of how much music I listen to. :P But right now I have two songs that are together at the top.

This song is fantastic, but I imagine 95% of the GA community are going to hear the first 'screamo' part and hit the x button. :P

And second would definitely be

Imagine, John Lennon

Best

Song

Ever :)

This song is fabulous. I think there's a story on here based on it.

Imagine, John Lennon

Best

Song

Imagine, John Lennon

Best

Song

• Like 1

Well, this is freaking hard D: Can I pick two?

Favourite all time song would probably have to be "You and Me" by Lifehouse. It's attached with too many memories... and Domluka stories LOL. Tied closely in this genre would be "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls.

A little more recently I've been loving "Days to Come" by Seven Lions. I can't get tired of it no matter how many times I listen to it, really beautifully written song.

• Like 2

You think its hard to choose now at 20-something? Wait till you have 50-some years of favorites to try and choose from. You couldn't put all my favorites over the years onto one CD, let alone choose one as the favorite of all time. Besides - I have a lot of listening left to do!

• Like 1

An awful lot of stuff I used to love embarrasses me now, and it's impossible to choose from what's left, depending on my mood. I truly love a lot of new music, but the context of its time is part of what makes it great. Who really thinks anybody's gonna care about Justin Beiber in 10 years?

Still, something that comes to mind right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWGAZPPqZhg

Wow.....tough choice with so many great songs.

A distinct few come to mind but I'd have to say anything that Hans Zimmer comes out with is amazing. I could listen to his music he's composed all day long.

Cheers,

@Mark008

• Like 1

It is a tough choice.  At the moment it's a song written by Carol King called "You've got a friend".   It was a big hit for James Taylor and also for her as her singing version was on her best selling album "Tapestry".

I know many think of them like in this video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIMJBDj_JkE

However, I think of them like they looked in 1971.  Carol plays the piano on both.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7RPCFfudmU

• Like 2

Well, for me, there are several that come to mind. For pop, I'll go with One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men, which happens to have broken some Billboard chart records and for good reason with 16 weeks at #1. The video was taken from the day it was recorded.

For rock, November Rain by Guns 'n Roses. It is, in my opinion, the greatest rock ballad of all time.

Matt Cardle sings The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face.

One of my all time favourites.

I can't tell you how many times I've listened to this, and his other work.  Any country should be honored to claim this young man as theirs.  He has a talent beyond words.  His humble attitude makes him all the more lovable :2thumbs:   Thank goodness for the internet or I would've never found him!

• Like 1

I don't think I could possibly narrow it down to just one song. Just off the top of my head two of my favorites are "Little Darlin'" by The Diamonds, and "Hotel California" by the Eagles. Oh wait! Don't forget... Oh, and what about... Oh, and who could forget... See what I mean?

• Like 3