Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

Knicks, Jets, Mets, Islanders! That's how I roll. Unfortunately, there's a pattern... and Baseball is my least favorite. 

I'm seeing a pattern. If the Nets hadn't moved to New Jersey way back when I bet you'd be rooting for them. Hven't been to the new Mets ballpark yet, I was thinking about going up to NYC for the Global Citizen concert this month, but those plans fell through so no chance of visiting the new place this year.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Hockey's already been mentioned in one of the chapters waiting to be posted. Sports will be part of the tale since the boys and the uncles are all physically active. Walls doesn't have a big jock culture, the connection will be mostly out of school.

Well, I'm sure however hockey is involved, I'll still enjoy the story. No matter what. :)

I sent a copy of Chapter 11 to Eric Himan (the author of Waiting for Thunder) a couple of days before it was posted as a courtesy. Imagine my surprise when the man sends me a note thanking me, for quoting the lyrics to his song.

Thinking I may have to send him an autographed copy of the story when it's published! :D

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I sent a copy of Chapter 11 to Eric Himan (the author of Waiting for Thunder) a couple of days before it was posted as a courtesy. Imagine my surprise when the man sends me a not thanking me, for quoting the lyrics to his song.

Thinking I may have to send him an autographed copy of the story when it's published! :D

:huh: I had to read it a couple of times, but I finally comprehended what was not being said. Did you perchance mean "note" rather than "not". I thought you meant the guy was mad and I couldn't figure out why. I know I would be very happy for the quote

PS: Out of likes so you and Mann both have to wait. As for the reviews, (can't remember who suggested it first, but the ubiquitous "they" people should change it to the more appropriate "comment") yours and Mann's are still percolating in my brain :)

• Like 1

:huh: I had to read it a couple of times, but I finally comprehended what was not being said. Did you perchance mean "note" rather than "not". I thought you meant the guy was mad and I couldn't figure out why. I know I would be very happy for the quote

PS: Out of likes so you and Mann both have to wait. As for the reviews, (can't remember who suggested it first, but the ubiquitous "they" people should change it to the more appropriate "comment") yours and Mann's are still percolating in my brain :)

LMAO... One little e and the entire comment crumbled! Thanks for the heads up. He was extremely gracious and did say he looked forward to reading the story once it was finished.

Not sure what reviews were perceived to be when the system was created, comments may be better the way it works now, but I'm fine with either. I always look forward to hearing what you think about Atumn, 1810. Readers may not realize how much what they say can influence a story even when most of the plot has already been worked out. The devil is in the details!

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Hey 1810, did you catch our guys pillow talk in the middle of all that.. 

Thanks Carlos... 

Nope. It sailed right over my head....as often happens with me :gikkle:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2

Happy birthday Ben

I volunteer to take him out for a birthday drink 

Your tracking notes must be enormous

I'll have you know it's getting worse. I hit a snag today on the chapter ai was working on. Then a status update made me think of a possible solution. It didn't really fit but in the process I jotted down a menu for a lunch CJ fixes 3 months later. Good thing is most of my little ideas end up fitting into the plot once it starts taking real shape.

I have the final scene of the entire story outlined. I wrote down on my phone while waiting for an appointment and keep wondering if I'll ever use it. :P

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

The travel destinations convo held last evening on my status update may have been a smidgen misleading. Maybe I should have included a map with the current chapter... :D

Was ok. I managed to not get lost. :thumbup:

Awesome chapter btw, just need to figure out what to put in my review. :)

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

The travel destinations convo held last evening on my status update may have been a smidgen misleading. Maybe I should have included a map with the current chapter... :D

A smidgen? Lol.. At least NY was still on someone's itinerary...

Review later.. 

• Like 1

Was ok. I managed to not get lost. :thumbup:

Awesome chapter btw, just need to figure out what to put in my review. :)

Both you and Sr Paladin made a comment about not getting los/shifts in locations and POVs being clear.  Last time I did something like this was with the final chapter of Summer. It's not really easy, but it's fun to write. I keep thinking back to the early days of music videos. They pioneered the sharp cuts and quick view shifts which have become standard in movies and TVs. Guess that's what I get for being part of the MTV generation!

Review later.. 

I was tempted to send Brett and Cesar somewhere but 4 cities and 4 plot lines seemed sufficient :yes:

Saturday is going to be a beautiful day in New York. There may be a little surprise lurking just outside Central Park :D

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Both you and Sr Paladin made a comment about not getting los/shifts in locations and POVs being clear.  Last time I did something like this was with the final chapter of Summer. It's not really easy, but it's fun to write. I keep thinking back to the early days of music videos. They pioneered the sharp cuts and quick view shifts which have become standard in movies and TVs. Guess that's what I get for being part of the MTV generation!

I was tempted to send Brett and Cesar somewhere but 4 cities and 4 plot lines seemed sufficient :yes:

Saturday is going to be a beautiful day in New York. There may be a little surprise lurking just outside Central Park :D

With the kid away, I think we can all guess (with 100% accuracy) where Cesar and Brett "went".  :P

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Uh oh.

With the kid away, I think we can all guess (with 100% accuracy) where Cesar and Brett "went".  :P

I.m positive about that too.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Review later.. 

You had the right singer, just tthe wrong song in mind. I was watching a 'Blue Bloods' rerun the other day and it starts out with his New York ballad. I believe New York used the song to promote tourism to the Big Apple. Sadly the orchard that gave it that name is long gone.

Oh my! Are you implying they might be spending their time getting to know each other even better? :*)

I've uploaded the next chapter already and it's set to publish on schedule. I've returned a subsequent one to Mann for a second editorial run. I'm about to tackle the final scene of Chapter 18 which I now have clearer in my mind. Not sure there's time for sex with alll this going on!

Oh, wait. It's not my sex life we were talking about. :D

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Before I forget again - as I did with my review - the words "Hi Pops" we're a perfect start of showing how accepting Brad and Paddy are of their Dad and JP. Made me smile.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

Before I forget again - as I did with my review - the words "Hi Pops" we're a perfect start of showing how accepting Brad and Paddy are of their Dad and JP. Made me smile.

That's what this thread's for. Anything not said in the story or the reviews.

The brothers had a month to think about Tom and JP. Bradley calling as soon as he was allowed to, showed he wanted his father back. I'm pretty sure his communications with CJ helped him figure out how he was going to handle having a step father.

• Like 2

The brothers had a month to think about Tom and JP. Bradley calling as soon as he was allowed to, showed he wanted his father back. I'm pretty sure his communications with CJ helped him figure out how he was going to handle having a step father.

I suspect the boys guilty of a bit of hero-worship towards CJ. He showed them how to standup to their overbearing grandfather. The fact that he is overwhelmingly proud of his dads and uncles gives an incredible positive boost to Tom & JP. It would have been nearly impossible for them to react badly.

• Like 2

I suspect the boys guilty of a bit of hero-worship towards CJ. He showed them how to standup to their overbearing grandfather. The fact that he is overwhelmingly proud of his dads and uncles gives an incredible positive boost to Tom & JP. It would have been nearly impossible for them to react badly.

You're probably right on the mark. It's going to be fun when the kids finally meet each other!