Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

Sooooooo. In case anyone else is wondering, the similarity between the incident in Arlington, and the one in Billings written by Marc McNally are purely coincidental. When Marc's chapter appeared, the fact CJ's arrest was a frame-up had been established at the end of Summer. At the time, Autumn chapter 1 was already entirely finished and posted, awaiting publication.

Neither one of us will be suing the other one for plagiarism! :D

Although we both got a good chuckle out of one mutual reader making the suggestion. As a warning for the future, his characters current visit to New York City has similarities with a future chapter of Autumn!

I think I've made my feeling about his story abundantly clear before; having anyone think my writing is so similar to his is definitely a compliment.

• Like 2

I guess I better go catch up on LoTR!  I've been so busy with camp at the barn I am at least 2 chapters behind on that one!

Ty's arrest on trumped up drug charges took place about four chapters ago. The current one has them in NYC and there will be some similarities. I mean, who visits for the first time and doesn't go up to the top of the Empire State Building?

Marc and I are now arguing as to whether his lawyers can beat my lawyers or not! :rofl:

Ty's arrest on trumped up drug charges took place about four chapters ago. The current one has them in NYC and there will be some similarities. I mean, who visits for the first time and doesn't go up to the top of the Empire State Building?

Marc and I are now arguing as to whether his lawyers can beat my lawyers or not! :rofl:

Marc's lawyer is pretty damn hot... oh wait that's in the story... are you having story lawyers or real lawyers fight it out?

LOL I can SEE the Empire State Building and the Freedom Tower from my upstairs window (Used to be able to see the Twin Towers too) and believe it or not I have never stepped foot in any of them!

Marc's lawyer is pretty damn hot... oh wait that's in the story... are you having story lawyers or real lawyers fight it out?

Forget real lawyers! 

LOL I can SEE the Empire State Building and the Freedom Tower from my upstairs window (Used to be able to see the Twin Towers too) and believe it or not I have never stepped foot in any of them!

Been upt to the ESB twice. In 1969 on a trip with the rents and in 2009... 40 years older and I still got the same kick out of it!

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to congratulate you again on chapter 3. Knowing where you were going and getting it into words had to be difficult. But I commend you in writing real events, miracles are nice but they happen rarely. There is a lot of grist for the mill in what you've given us so far. Should make for an intriguing and oft humorous read.

• Like 1

I wanted to congratulate you again on chapter 3. Knowing where you were going and getting it into words had to be difficult. But I commend you in writing real events, miracles are nice but they happen rarely. There is a lot of grist for the mill in what you've given us so far. Should make for an intriguing and oft humorous read.

Thanks buddy. Yeah, I love the happy endings but I've tried to remain in touch with reality while writing the story. Out of all the chapters already 'in the can' for Autumn, this was the toughest one to write. Describing everything going on, while knowing the end wasn't going to be pretty, was a challenge. I tried to concentrate on the little things that hopefully made the story realistic. Mann's guidance was invaluable in helping me tighten up the entire thing.

Describing the calmness in the ER reception and how it was replaced by the turmoil of the wreck owe a lot to him making a couple of small suggestions which brought the entire thing together. I didn't hide the fact Adriano's wife was dead for long but hopefully the real shock about it came at the end with his mom broke down.

Next chapter is one of my favorite ones out of the first ten. It'll start off with CJ, the priest and the elderly couple. And if I remember correctly, there are no cliffies in it at all! :D

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

This chapter brought back memories of a similar "accident" that happened in June 2007 on Highway 400 north of Toronto. I say "accident" because it really wasn't - it was three young punks who were racing each other up the highway.

There was a trucker involved in the crash they caused. His name was David Virgoe and he was 48 years old, married with children and grandchildren. He swerved into a ditch to avoid oncoming cars, his rig overturned and he died that day. 

The following quote was reported in the news

"Drivers on Highway 400 and investigators said the big-rig driver was a hero for managing to avoid other vehicles on the road"

I thought about David Virgoe after reading about Flynn. Something tells me this is what Flynn would, or at least would have tried to do, as well.

This chapter brought back memories of a similar "accident" that happened in June 2007 on Highway 400 north of Toronto. I say "accident" because it really wasn't - it was three young punks who were racing each other up the highway.

There was a trucker involved in the crash they caused. His name was David Virgoe and he was 48 years old, married with children and grandchildren. He swerved into a ditch to avoid oncoming cars, his rig overturned and he died that day. 

The following quote was reported in the news

"Drivers on Highway 400 and investigators said the big-rig driver was a hero for managing to avoid other vehicles on the road"

I thought about David Virgoe after reading about Flynn. Something tells me this is what Flynn would, or at least would have tried to do, as well.

In cases such s the one you describe I've always wished those who caused had died in the process. Same with drunk drivers who kill someone. Unfortunately it's not always the guilty ones who are punished. It'll take a while, but we'll hear from Flynn again.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

In cases such s the one you describe I've always wished those who caused had died in the process. Same with drunk drivers who kill someone. Unfortunately it's not always the guilty ones who are punished. It'll take a while, but we'll hear from Flynn again.

It may sound terrible (no it doesn't) but I agree with you completely. On a happier (fingers crossed it will be) note, follow up re Flynn will be welcome.

3 updates and counting.

Good thing because I'm almost finished my book and need something else to read.

How did you know....

I really hate GA sometimes...

There are no real updates tonight, I was doing some minor cleaning up. I thought by un-publishing the chapter before I made the edits it wouldn't send out notifications but I was obviously wrong LOL

I've made a few changes to the first four chapters in the past couple of weeks, mostly spelling and punctuation. My writing has improved and I cringe at how I put some things down but major rewriting will not take place any time soon. I have added a few lines here and there, but once again not real changes. Autumn is my number one priority, have seven chapters in the can and I'm really trying to make each one exceptional. I'm getting addicted to the praise the first three have received.

There should be a new little Trooper Tale coming up, however. LOL

• Site Moderator

well okay then, no "updates" today - I'll survive, somehow....

Seriously though, I enjoy reading Summer chapters over again now and then.

1. Because they are just as enjoyable as the first time. 

2. It helps me keep track of the "little things" that are mentioned, but as an aside. Eg. CJ's logo t shirts that you posted in you album.

Anyway, gotta go now. The cat's poking me with his paw because he's hungry..

• Site Moderator

I haven't done it yet with the new phone, but I'll download the ICE app so my lock-screen will display those numbers. Hell, I haven't even locked the phone yet! But I have no dirty pictures so I'm not worried :P

So it's a good thing no updates tonight - found this to read instead.

Love the info about this App because I don't have it - didn't know it existed.

Downloading it now and will let a friend know since her boss has lost her phone at least a dozen times (wish I was exaggerating, but alas, I'm not).

• Like 1

So it's a good thing no updates tonight - found this to read instead.

Love the info about this App because I don't have it - didn't know it existed.

Downloading it now and will let a friend know since her boss has lost her phone at least a dozen times (wish I was exaggerating, but alas, I'm not).

Glad it helped!

So now not only do I provide a little entertainment but I'm also a source for practical information :rofl:

A couple of people wanted recipes for dishes I described,,, told them I'd publish a cookbook when the entire story is finished! :P

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

:off:

Intersting chapter.

I like the shout out to Wagner. It may not be an Easter Egg, but I do recall a reference to him in one of your writiAs for that last line, let's just call it a fine (very fine) example of doublespeak, shall we?   :D

snapback.png Reply from Carlos Hazday (author)

Y'all are just jumping to conclusions! I just write innocent lines of dialogue between two friends and all of a sudden it's real crowded down here in the gutter.  :rofl:

but I needed somewhere to rebut your comment about my review of the latest episode of Trooper Tales. And might I also add, that it is mighty convenient that comments to reviews are a one-way street forcing the reviewer to get creative in order to refute said responses. Anyway, I digress. You, Carlos, are anything but innocent so don't go blaming your faithful readers if they are adept at reading between the lines. I will say Drew got it right when he said YOU are the Master of the double entendre. I would salute you, but since I am out of your line of vision, I :worship: instead. And please, find inspiration for more Trooper Tales.

Hey 1810-

Don't feel bad about using this forum to talk with me about any of my stories, I'm very cool with that.

I'm an 0:) !!! But I'll admit I love to mislead readers and have them reach a conclusion just to turn the tables on them.

I fibbed when I said I had an idea for one more, I really have the basic premise for two more in mind, problem is one of them would kinda be sort of a break point for the adventures of the cop.

See, this little things are sometimes tough to write, tougher than CJ's story to be honest. With CJ, I often have to force myself to slow down. The ideas have been flowing easily from the moment I started writing and the words keep coming faster with each chapter.. I just had to split another chapter in two 'cause it was well on it's way to being over 10k words. Autumn has been completely written for months. I'm doing some really heavy revisions of that initial draft and sometimes it's almost all new whan I get done. But once again it's easy and I'm enjoying.

When summer started posting I seemed to have a lot of time free. The chapters were shorter and the story wasn't as complicated--to be honest, my writing was more simplistic also. I had a chance to write a bunch of other stuff which right now I'm scared to attempt for fear of not doing them justice. I've become much more critical of my own work in the past few months. Trooper Tales gives me a chance to practice different things, shifting POV, tenses, dialogue, etc. Plus forces me to boil the story down to the essentials to remain under my self imposed word limit. I definitely plan on doing something like that as often as possible but it all depends on reader reaction. There.s a small, loyal core of readers but not many more hit the like button. Hell, some people leave reviews but don't hit the silly button. I use those likes as a guide. I'm stingy on how I use mine, I tend to save them for stories I really like, so I have to assume others are the same way.

Anyway, I'm being long winded and probably not making sense anymore. Too many different things floating around in my head.

I'll leave you with a link to a song which a reader from Holland sent me this morning. I recently started posting Summer elsewhere and I'm getting a lot of responses from readers all over the world who're getting their first exposure to CJ and his dads. And the personal life details some of these readers reveal in their e-mails is mind blowing. I'm starting to realize my little story makes a strong impact on some people.

xoxoxo

Carlos

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Your readers plead with you to write more stories because of the quality of your writing. I've been reading for many years (since I was about five or six and discovered Dick and Jane readers in my uncle's library (he was a teacher early in his career). So, I can safely say I have been exposed to a wide variety of stories genres, the content of which was good, bad and some that were so bad they should never made it to print. 

I used to write stories when I was a kid. Thinking back to what I wrote and what I read today, I can say with certainty, that I would not be able to produce a body of work as remotely engrossing.  It takes an enormous amount of talent to produce a story that can grab a readers attention and produce thought provoking reviews. 

Side note. I did notice your story has popped on the another site. I'm actually reading a story on that site about two strong 20 something men that have come together as a couple to create a family unit comprised of non-blood relations. 

As as for your being long winded and no longer making sense?  Nah, not even close. 

:thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Hey 1810-

Don't feel bad about using this forum to talk with me about any of my stories, I'm very cool with that.

I'm an 0:) !!! But I'll admit I love to mislead readers and have them reach a conclusion just to turn the tables on them.

I fibbed when I said I had an idea for one more, I really have the basic premise for two more in mind, problem is one of them would kinda be sort of a break point for the adventures of the cop.

See, this little things are sometimes tough to write, tougher than CJ's story to be honest. With CJ, I often have to force myself to slow down. The ideas have been flowing easily from the moment I started writing and the words keep coming faster with each chapter.. I just had to split another chapter in two 'cause it was well on it's way to being over 10k words. Autumn has been completely written for months. I'm doing some really heavy revisions of that initial draft and sometimes it's almost all new whan I get done. But once again it's easy and I'm enjoying.

When summer started posting I seemed to have a lot of time free. The chapters were shorter and the story wasn't as complicated--to be honest, my writing was more simplistic also. I had a chance to write a bunch of other stuff which right now I'm scared to attempt for fear of not doing them justice. I've become much more critical of my own work in the past few months. Trooper Tales gives me a chance to practice different things, shifting POV, tenses, dialogue, etc. Plus forces me to boil the story down to the essentials to remain under my self imposed word limit. I definitely plan on doing something like that as often as possible but it all depends on reader reaction. There.s a small, loyal core of readers but not many more hit the like button. Hell, some people leave reviews but don't hit the silly button. I use those likes as a guide. I'm stingy on how I use mine, I tend to save them for stories I really like, so I have to assume others are the same way.

Anyway, I'm being long winded and probably not making sense anymore. Too many different things floating around in my head.

I'll leave you with a link to a song which a reader from Holland sent me this morning. I recently started posting Summer elsewhere and I'm getting a lot of responses from readers all over the world who're getting their first exposure to CJ and his dads. And the personal life details some of these readers reveal in their e-mails is mind blowing. I'm starting to realize my little story makes a strong impact on some people.

xoxoxo

Carlos

Just listened to to the song. 

The song itself is wonderful, but I think what really gets me is the huge crowd of kids who are singing along because they know the words/content of the song and embrace it. That's how it's should be. 

Thank you for sharing.