Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

• Site Moderator

Let's wait a bit and see what I can come up with for Troop. For now, I need to concentrate on Autumn which has a lot of events coming on soon and on Winter which needs the outline fleshed out. Any free time I'm in the beginning stages of another little story, complitely unrelated to CJ and his gang.

I already have fewer completed chapters in inventory than I'd like, posting 2 or 3 in one shot would probably just kill me off! lOL

Never worry about something being 'off-topic" on this forum. I'd rather not have it turn into a frivolous substitute for the chat room, but ANYTHING related to writing and/or ANY story of mine or others, I'll always welcome! The forums are not meant to be so strict as to limit discussion just to the series or story they're named after!

Just call it a tablet malfunction. You were searchin for somethin about police horses and Trooper Tales popped up by accident!

I finally found a good good reason for cubicle walls at work... Never thought that would happen.  :lol:

As for rushing chapters of Autumn, I really wouldn't want that to happen because then it would be over.  :(

I have liked what you've done so far.  So, if and when you're ready to share something new, I'll be ready to  :read: it. 

Go at your own chosen speed, my friend.  :hug:

• Like 1

I finally found a good good reason for cubicle walls at work... Never thought that would happen.  :lol:

As for rushing chapters of Autumn, I really wouldn't want that to happen because then it would be over.  :(

I have liked what you've done so far.  So, if and when you're ready to share something new, I'll be ready to  :read: it. 

Go at your own chosen speed, my friend.  :hug:

Thanks, the response to Autumn, both public and private has been awesome. Reading over some of my earlier stufff I realized I've gotten better at writing a good flowing narrative. Both those things combined, make me want to do a great job with what I have planned for CJ and the rest of the men and women in his life.

• Like 2

While there is a part of me that would love to get more of Autumn faster, I like having something to look forward to each week. Reading the story a chapter at time allows me to savor each one like taking a bite of a delicious chocolate or a sip of a great wine.
I also think your writing improving in subtle ways, it was always good but it's growing better still.

Edited by dughlas
  • Like 1

I forgot to mention, that I loved the return of Cesar and Brett's bedtime ritual.. Lol, it's one of my favorite things.. 

Good to hear you've noticed and enjoyed those. I thinks this is the first comment I've received concerning them. Humans are creatures of habit, we create customs and rituals revolving around every day occurrances. Having a teen suddenly become part of the household means Cesar and Brett have less alone time. What I label as pillow talk in my outlines, could very well be one of the few chances they have for private conversations.

As an author, they give me a chance to clarify and/or reinforce certain points. It's also a chance to explore the personalities of those two characters since they're not front and center as much as CJ is even though in my mind they tie for second place in order of importance.

• Like 1

Good to hear you've noticed and enjoyed those. I thinks this is the first comment I've received concerning them. Humans are creatures of habit, we create customs and rituals revolving around every day occurrances. Having a teen suddenly become part of the household means Cesar and Brett have less alone time. What I label as pillow talk in my outlines, could very well be one of the few chances they have for private conversations.

As an author, they give me a chance to clarify and/or reinforce certain points. It's also a chance to explore the personalities of those two characters since they're not front and center as much as CJ is even though in my mind they tie for second place in order of importance.

I have no likes....but you are so right about that being the chance for private conversations. I remember muffled voices behind my parents closed doors too well. For me at least, those talks, solidifies the intimacy and bond our guys share. Like you said, we get to see them. 

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

I have no likes....but you are so right about that being the chance for private conversations. I remember muffled voices behind my parents closed doors too well. For me at least, those talks, solidifies the intimacy and bond our guys share. Like you said, we get to see them. 

I didn't mention this either as there was lots of other stuff to cover - which always leaves me a very happy reader, by the way.

I think these scenes are great for letting us see Cesar and Brett as a couple doing what couples do. Behind closed doors, they are still dads, but that role is secondary. We get to see what makes them tick without the presence of a third party (apologies for the unintended slight CJ) that possibly censures their actions.

• Like 2

I didn't mention this either as there was lots of other stuff to cover - which always leaves me a very happy reader, by the way.

I think these scenes are great for letting us see Cesar and Brett as a couple doing what couples do. Behind closed doors, they are still dads, but that role is secondary. We get to see what makes them tick without the presence of a third party (apologies for the unintended slight CJ) that possibly censures their actions.

Any time you want to ask or talk about anything, come here. I honestly love to discuss the writing process an what my thinking was when putting something into the story!

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Any time you want to ask or talk about anything, come here. I honestly love to discuss the writing process an what my thinking was when putting something into the story!

You may regret those words after you get through my meandering long winded query below, but you did say...... :yes:

And, in case it's not readily apparent, brevity is not one of my strengths.... :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, there's this idea that has been niggling at my brain on and off for a while now.

I really started to think about it last week, when I had to stop myself before I addressed my nephew's birthday card.

He has just turned 12 and is becoming quite independent in his thoughts and actions. The same can be said for his likes and dislikes.

What I am trying to say in my meandering way, is that as my nephew has gotten older, he has decided that he prefers not to be called by his full name (you know, the family name) but rather by a common shortened name like Ben instead of Benjamin as an eg.

Regarding Tom's son Patrick, whose family name is/was Paddy as mentioned  by Tom in chapter 6 (I looked for it to see where it came up) prior to his call with the boys. What I'm wondering is whether or not Patrick at 13 would still use the family nickname for people he interacts with who aren't family?

My brother and I also dropped the "family name as well" I think doing this is a sign of growing up and leaving childhood behind. which is something a teenager strives for.

So, just a thought for you to kick (gently, of course) around - though maybe you've already thought about this - didn't you mention somewhere you have teenage nephews? So, then you'd know already....

•  
Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2

You may regret those words after you get through my meandering long winded query below, but you did say...... :yes:

And, in case it's not readily apparent, brevity is not one of my strengths.... :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, there's this idea that has been niggling at my brain on and off for a while now.

I really started to think about it last week, when I had to stop myself before I addressed my nephew's birthday card.

He has just turned 12 and is becoming quite independent in his thoughts and actions. The same can be said for his likes and dislikes.

What I am trying to say in my meandering way, is that as my nephew has gotten older, he has decided that he prefers not to be called by his full name (you know, the family name) but rather by a common shortened name like Ben instead of Benjamin as an eg.

Regarding Tom's son Patrick, whose family name is/was Paddy as mentioned  by Tom in chapter 6 (I looked for it to see where it came up) prior to his call with the boys. What I'm wondering is whether or not Patrick at 13 would still use the family nickname for people he interacts with who aren't family?

My brother and I also dropped the "family name as well" I think doing this is a sign of growing up and leaving childhood behind. which is something a teenager strives for.

So, just a thought for you to kick (gently, of course) around - though maybe you've already thought about this - didn't you mention somewhere you have teenage nephews? So, then you'd know already....

•  

19 yo niece

17 yo niece

10 yo nephew

8 yo nephew

Dad and big brother are going to call him Paddy 'cause that's what they're used to. Honestly, I haven't decided on what the rest of the gang will call him once he interacts with them. Definitely keeping your comments in mind though.

One thing I like about being several chapters ahead of the posted one in writing/editing is I can always go beack and tweak things if I have to without doing 'live' edits on GA. Prefer to save those for typos and such. I couldn't handle being rushed each week to write/edit a chapter for posting right away. Patience has been a hard thing but I realize the longer a chapter sits in inventory, the better its quality once it goes out to the readers.

The last few days in Chicago were good since I came up with a couple of small thingss which affect CJ upcoming trip there. Spending today tweaking that trip LOL

• Site Moderator

You're on point with the "what they're used to" comment.

Even though my brother and I don't use our family names in our daily lives, we are stuck with them in family situations.

With my nephew, however, everyone is trying to call him the name of his choice. 

As for Paddy's choice of names? I guess that will depend on what type of kid he is, won't it?

P.S. I have reserved a "Like" for Wednesday (alright, two - one for Innocence and Carnality as well) so I don't accidentally run out. Have to avoid LOL Cats...

Edited by Reader1810

You're on point with the "what they're used to" comment.

Even though my brother and I don't use our family names in our daily lives, we are stuck with them in family situations.

With my nephew, however, everyone is trying to call him the name of his choice. 

As for Paddy's choice of names? I guess that will depend on what type of kid he.

I have a basic outline of him, but haven't fleshed him out entirely yet. While CJ and the Elite are fairly well set in my mind, only requiring slight nuances here and there, the Kennedy boys are just a sketch. I'm not a big believer in having a character change his stripes after he's been fairly well defined - Chip's infidelity was hinted at from the beginning so it wasn't a big leap to go from a member of the group to pariah. As I've written scenes with Bradley and Paddy in them, I've started to flesh them out a bit or at least give hints as to what they'll be like. But I'm only a handful of chapters ahead of what's been posted so still have room to play with them.

Happy belated anniversary!

On Monday, Brett & Cesar and JP & Tom celebrated two years of marriage.

The traditional gift for the second anniversary is cotton. I wonder what the presents were, if any were given

• Site Moderator

One more announcement and at least this one is timely...

Today was the first day of classes at George Mason University School of Law!

:D

:huh: Pardon my ignorance but, the significance of that event would be what?

:huh: Pardon my ignorance but, the significance of that event would be what?

I think we have to wait - that could be a Carlos tease...  :rolleyes:

Edit: Sorry of course I meant hint, yes hint definitely :P

Edited by Bucket1
  • Site Moderator

I think we have to wait - that could be a Carlos tease...  :rolleyes:

Edit: Sorry of course I meant hint, yes hint definitely :P

Yeah, but with double entendres being second nature to Carlos, we all know he really means tease :gikkle: 

Yeah, but with double entendres being second nature to Carlos, we all know he really means tease :gikkle:

He does like to lace his stories with just a small glimmer of future story lines 

He also loves a good double entendre :P

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator
-_- 

He does like to lace his stories with just a small glimmer of future story lines 

I guess we will just have to be patient. :mellow:0:)

Because, if this is one of his  Easter eggs, he's not going to give it up no matter how nicely we ask... :lol:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

I guess we will just have to be patient. :mellow:0:)

Because, if this is one of his  Easter eggs, he's not going to give it up no matter how nicely we ask... :lol:

Double entedres? Tease? Moi?

I don't want to say part of the story is outlined way into the future, but I may have a slight idea of where all this is going.

There was a line of dialogue in Summer which realted to my post and there's another one coming up soon in Autumn.

The exact meaning will become fairly clear in Winter (no, I've not started writing that yet). But the school itself won't serve as a location for quite a while afterwards!

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

CAPTAIN BRETT DAVENPORT

Picture him with a high and tight haircut and no scruff   :yes:  especially pic # 3

:o No wonder I found him familiar, he's James Ellis!!! :wub:

JamesEllis2.jpg 

36e09bee805ca2db8181815b1c08a6f8.jpg 

JamesEllisFitness.jpg 

Edited by Reader1810