Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

In the long run, since they're in Australia, they're nothing more than eye candy and/or the stuff dreams are made of...I can live with that. ;)

Some of us live in Australia so they could be more than eye candy...

• Like 4

When I started writing CJ's story I wanted to anchor it in real life events and locations. I've been pleasantly surprised when readers have remarked on how even the fictional parts of the tale helped them recall actual experiences.

Not certain I'm so proud when my little conversation between a handful of high school students is echoed in the news.

For the record;

I do not agree with everything my characters do or say. Particularly their cavalier attitude towards women. Seems to me 'locker room banter' kind of dies off or mellows as we age and hopefully gain wisdom. I guarantee my boys will grow and evolve. If they don't, they'll become fossils of a bygone era.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

I'd say you're mostly talking about Bradley's behaviour though Thiago has been known to be a bit of a braggart - crudely too - as well. CJ wasn't much better with his comments about the guy, but I'm not going to fault them too much this time. They are young and having fun. In Bradley's case, he's escaped the omnipresent shadow of his grandfather and uncles so he's cutting loose and enjoying his freedom. As for his attitude? I can guess where that came from....

I don't see this type of behaviour as being lifelong - there are just too many good and influential men - and women - around them now for that to happen. Doesn't mean there won't be bumps in the road to be coming a grown up - body and mind -  but I'm betting they all get there and make their parents proud. 

• Like 3

I'd say you're mostly talking about Bradley's behaviour though Thiago has been known to be a bit of a braggart - crudely too - as well. CJ wasn't much better with his comments about the guy, but I'm not going to fault them too much this time. They are young and having fun. In Bradley's case, he's escaped the omnipresent shadow of his grandfather and uncles so he's cutting loose and enjoying his freedom. As for his attitude? I can guess where that came from....

I don't see this type of behaviour as being lifelong - there are just too many good and influential men - and women - around them now for that to happen. Doesn't mean there won't be bumps in the road to be coming a grown up - body and mind -  but I'm betting they all get there and make their parents proud. 

CJ's been just as bad. He's made quite a few comments I'd never allow to cross my lips today but have been guilty of in the past. I learned. So will he and the others.

I was telling Mann I'd just finished writing a scene taking place in December 2014 where some of this is addressed. Some further developments will be taking place in June 2015. That chapter's not written but it's outlined :D

You'll just have to keep on reading to figure out where all this ends up. :yes:

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Forgot to add, remember CJ and Rod's behaviour when Taisha and Brett arrived at the restaurant? The both stood up to greet the arrivals and Rod even pulled out and held Taisha'schair....manners they do have. 

• Like 2

Forgot to add, remember CJ and Rod's behaviour when Taisha and Brett arrived at the restaurant? The both stood up to greet the arrivals and Rod even pulled out and held Taisha'schair....manners they do have. 

CJ may have done so on his own, but having Rod there guaranteed he would do so. I like the fact CJ has two older cousins who definitely influence his behavior. Randy may be a little wilder than his brother, but he'll have some sage advice for his cuz soon enough.

CJ's lucky in the type of people he's surrounded by. Dragon's become his older brother who may be rude and crude at times but hasn't steered the boy wrong yet. Some of that's based on conversations with a buddy of mine who's much younger than me. He's often bemoaned the loss of a generation to AIDS and how the younger guys lost out by not having older men's experiences and wisdom to learn from.

• Like 3

Bradley,  Thiago, and CJ will definitely mellow  with age but for now they are young and full of hormones.  This is in No-way an excuse for bad behavior but. it explains it.  I teach middle and high school classes and I can tell you the one thing boys that age have at least half of their brain occupied with is Sex at all times, hetero or bi or Gay not with standing!

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator

CJ's devastated his Washington Nationals fell to the Dodgers. At least his other team, the Cubs, are still battling.  :D

I noticed last week that two teams that CJ would root for had made it to the play offs. Saw your comment and discovered the Nationals had been eliminated. That's too bad. Of course, it does save CJ from having to pick sides if the Nationals and Cubs had gone up against each other for the NL championship.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

Bradley,  Thiago, and CJ will definitely mellow  with age but for now they are young and full of hormones.  This is in No-way an excuse for bad behavior but. it explains it.  I teach middle and high school classes and I can tell you the one thing boys that age have at least half of their brain occupied with is Sex at all times, hetero or bi or Gay not with standing!

Thanks for the validation, Ted. It's always good to hear my kids are normal in comparison to real ones :P

So while I can't be positive I'm pretty certain that CJ was at Central Market in Lancaster today hanging out at the Cuban food stand.

Did it look as if he was accompanied by a sexy Aussie lawyer? Or was he behind the stall having his way with a former member of the defense forces?

Owen or Eli? We need to know

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Did it look as if he was accompanied by a sexy Aussie lawyer? Or was he behind the stall having his way with a former member of the defense forces?

Owen, no question. Eli was just a fling.... -_-

• Like 2

So while I can't be positive I'm pretty certain that CJ was at Central Market in Lancaster today hanging out at the Cuban food stand.

Where you drooling again, Dugh? I carry a bandana around all the time for such emergencies... :)

You forget about Spike, Ethan, and Cory...

• Like 1

Wait... you haven't even met Ethan and Cory yet! LOL

Thats ok! I have a bit of inside info we can't talk about here. I bet there will be lots of flings before he is ready to settle down with (censored).

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Where you drooling again, Dugh? I carry a bandana around all the time for such emergencies... :)

You forget about Spike, Ethan, and Cory...

Spike? Really? Hmm....

Ethan and Cory? Enquiring (okay, nosy) mind needs more intelligence on these two ASAP!

Edit: .....Please  :*)

Edited by Reader1810

Thats ok! I have a bit of inside info we can't talk about here. I bet there will be lots of flings before he is ready to settle down with (censored).

Kitt obviously spoke to current day CJ at the Festival  :rolleyes:

Thats cheating  :P

It can't be either Ethan or Cory because you have just thrown us that red herring  -_-

unless it's a double bluff  :o  :huh:  :unsure:

Edited by Bucket1
  • Like 1

Kitt obviously spoke to current day CJ at the Festival  :rolleyes:

Thats cheating  :P

It can't be either Ethan or Cory because you have just thrown us that red herring  -_-

unless it's a double bluff  :o  :huh:  :unsure:

Did you say double stuff? :rofl: