Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

• Site Moderator

Kitt obviously spoke to current day CJ at the Festival  :rolleyes:

Thats cheating  :P

It can't be either Ethan or Cory because you have just thrown us that red herring  -_-

unless it's a double bluff  :o  :huh:  :unsure:

Carlos throw a double bluff in our path? He wouldn't. Oh, wait a minute, it's Carlos we're talking about...of course, he would.  :P

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3

Wow there's a whole paradigm shift here having to go to a different part of the board to find your CJ thread :D

I just gotta say I'm loving your new purple hoodie Carlos!

Or is that like a wizard robe? Or both?

Thank you, all! It's pretty cool.

Wow there's a whole paradigm shift here having to go to a different part of the board to find your CJ thread :D

I just gotta say I'm loving your new purple hoodie Carlos!

Or is that like a wizard robe? Or both?

I know, right? I'm sure we'll get used to it LOL

You know I'm opening a bottle right? This deserves all the wine... So happy for you Carlos.. 

Here's hoping there's no hang over!

Love the banner  Carlos. It rocks. - and so do you!  :thumbup:

As for your avatar?  Very apropos but I'm glad I knew it was you cause you're kinda ominous looking.....just saying 

Mann did the banner for me!!!! He even matched the color to my Road King. The drawing of me on the bike I've had for a few years. It was done in exchange for a contribution to a charity the illustrator was raising money for. The avatar will go back to my ink in a day or so.

Did you photoshop your hoodie? The colour matches the purple perfectly.

Well done

Thanks, Buck. It's an old picture which got scanned. I did photoshop some lint off but the color's original!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Moderator

Some of you may find this short article interesting-

http://dc.curbed.com/2016/10/28/13454952/georgetown-luxury-4-million

The first one on there is 2 doors down from Cesar and Brett's home

A while back I was curious to see what Tom and JP's house looked like. Found it and the house you mention here (which was still being refurbished at the time) with Google Streetview. 

https://www.google.ca/search?rlz=1C9BKJA_enCA597CA597&hl=en-US&ei=vcwUWPH4D4rTjwSVhrHwDQ&q=3600+prospect+st+nw+washington+dc&oq=3600+prospect+street&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.1.0.0i71k1l5.0.0.0.84963.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..64.mobile-gws-serp..0.0.0.Sdkm3Fk6TNU

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

LOL!

I've taken some serious liberties with the location and descriptions of both houses. The brick house on the left is where Cesar and Brett's place is. The courtyard where the panel van is parked in the picture belongs to it, the house is much wider than what I describe. So I created a driveway between the portion of the house which extends to the sidewalk and turned the indented portion into Tom and JP's place. Always loved that spot and I wanted to use the Exorcist Stairs.

So, if Cesar's place is 3600 Prospect, the one next to it is 3614 which is the one up for sale right now. The 3600 place last sold quite a few years ago for somewhere between 1 and 2 million I can't recall now. I did all that reasearch so long ago my brain already discarded the details. Let's just say prices in Georgetown didn't suffer during the real estate bust. I'd guees the place I describe would be worth well over 5 million today if it existed.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Google Streeview is being obstinate and giving me trouble right now (even the original link is showing something different :huh: ) but as I see it 3600 is the red brick house beside the stairs. Next to it is 3604 which is a kind of beige colour (which I took to be Tom and JP's place). The house beside it - 3614 - is the one that is advertised for sale. 

Yeah, I know I'm being literal, but that's just me. :)

• Like 1

Carlos Love the way you research your locations.  Can't wait for more tours of the Miami area ever thought about CJ going down into the Keys?

When I was single used to vacation there every year staying on Marathon key.  Some very fond memories com from those years.  

• Like 1

Carlos Love the way you research your locations.  Can't wait for more tours of the Miami area ever thought about CJ going down into the Keys?

When I was single used to vacation there every year staying on Marathon key.  Some very fond memories com from those years.  

Thanks, Ted. I've always enjoyed being transported to a location while reading and have tried to create a sense of place in my stories hoping to provide a similar experience for my readers. I grew up in Miami and the Florida Keys were a frequent destination for me and my friends from the moment we could drive. I've celebrated many a birthday in Key West and it was the destination for my first ever trip on a motorcycle.

I do plan on having CJ down there but it won't be for a while. The timing has to be right and I'm sending him to a couple other places beforehand. But it's on the bucket list :)

Wondering what Brett & Ceasar's business name is. Saw a construction company pickup with "Davenport Commercial" on the side. Just so happens I was on I495 near Georgetown at the time.

Great, now I can't recall what's been posted and what hasn't. You'll have to forgive me, this might be a spoiler.

Sebastian (Cesar's father) had a construction company called Primera Linea which means first line in Spanish.They were general contractors.

Rico (Cesar's brother) named his company Second Line. They specialize in historic restoration.

Brett's comany is Third Line Development. They'll act as developers and employ Leatherneck Construction (Leo's company) as their main contractor for the time being.

What can I say, I'm an accountant and I like things tidy and orderly :yes:

• Like 1

Carlos, you have full on verisimilitude when your readers are checking for your story locations on google maps.

You got me, dude. Realism is definitely one of my goals. I like using real locations as much as possible. Even with Rogo's which is entirely fictional, I have an address where there's a warehouse similar to where Danno supposedly lives. It's next to the C&O canal as I describe but the bar & grill next to it is missing :)

• Site Moderator

Great, now I can't recall what's been posted and what hasn't. You'll have to forgive me, this might be a spoiler.

Sebastian (Cesar's father) had a construction company called Primera Linea which means first line in Spanish.They were general contractors.

Rico (Cesar's brother) named his company Second Line. They specialize in historic restoration.

Brett's comany is Third Line Development. They'll act as developers and employ Leatherneck Construction (Leo's company) as their main contractor for the time being.

What can I say, I'm an accountant and I like things tidy and orderly :yes:

Not a spoiler. Rod and CJ talked about this in Travels chapter 4 - you're welcome  ;)

Edit: And as above, Dugh remembers too. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2