Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

• Site Moderator

I'll be honest I missed Harley for the last few chapters. His character always makes me smile. It was like a breath of fresh air when he showed up again.

I'm with you there spikey. Everyone would do well to have a "Harley" in his/her iife. :)

• Like 2

I'll be honest I missed Harley for the last few chapters. His character always makes me smile. It was like a breath of fresh air when he showed up again.

I'm with you there spikey. Everyone would do well to have a "Harley" in his/her iife. :)

Ill reply to reviews tomorrow, but if you take a look you'll notice Harley has quite a following. I've had e-mails asking for a hook up between him and CJ like what happened with Chipper. Of course after today's chapter we can see Chipper's batting from both sides of the plate.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Ill reply to reviews tomorrow, but if you take a look you'll notice Harley has quite a following. I've had e-mails asking for a hook up between him and CJ like what happened with Chipper. Of course after today's chapter we can see Chipper's batting from both sides of the plate.

I'm definitely not in that camp. I think it's important for CJ and Harley to have the brother bond that they have. Hooking up would only muddy things up. 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

I agree Harley and CJ will not/should not hook up. Harley only has eyes for one man and it ain't CJ

CJ's future step-dad is back  :D  :D  :D

I love how you refuse to give up hope B.   But, deep down, you gotta know that ain't never going to happen.  -_-

• Like 2

I love how you refuse to give up hope B.   But, deep down, you gotta know that ain't never going to happen.  -_-

It will happen  :angry: (stamping feet)

...but only if I pay Carlos to write a special chapter just for me  ;)

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

It will happen  :angry: (stamping feet)

...but only if I pay Carlos to write a special chapter just for me  ;)

Non-monetary remmuneration is prefferable.

You said you wouldn't ask for that after last time  :P

:o   :unsure:   :huh:   :P   :X

• Like 2

In case any of you are interested, here's what The New York Times recently had to say about Georgetown. Many of the places mentioned have been used as srettings in the CJ stories.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/06/realestate/georgetown-washington-dc-postcard-pretty.html?_r=1

• Like 1

Slight sidetrack.....Didn't want to 'talk' in review area....  It was mentioned that CJ will be getting a bike in the future.  How about thinking a little classic but not Harley?  A friend of mine had a late 20's Henderson.  That was a COOL bike.  He got it when his uncle passed away about 20 years ago.  The uncle was an older bachelor and was always traveling the country when he was younger.  That bike had been coast to coast of the USA 20+ times and still ran like a .....  Well, Henderson :lol: .  For those of you who don't know, a Henderson is a motorcycle made in America from 1912 to 1931 and is very remnicent of Harley and Indian.  The bike featured an inline 4 cylinder motor and a long wheelbase. The Henderson was rumored to be the fastest bike on the road :).  It wood be cool to see a clasic in the family (maby Brett could give Cesar one and CJ could claim Cesars Harley?).

Edited by wenmale64
  • Like 4

Slight sidetrack.....Didn't want to 'talk' in review area....  It was mentioned that CJ will be getting a bike in the future.  How about thinking a little classic but not Harley?  A friend of mine had a late 20's Henderson.  That was a COOL bike.  He got it when his uncle passed away about 20 years ago.  The uncle was an older bachelor and was always traveling the country when he was younger.  That bike had been coast to coast of the USA 20+ times and still ran like a .....  Well, Henderson :lol: .  For those of you who don't know, a Henderson is a motorcycle made in America from 1912 to 1931 and is very remnicent of Harley and Indian.  The bike featured an inline 4 cylinder motor and a lond wheelbase. The Henderson was rumored to be the fastest bike on the road :).  It wood be cool to see a clasic in the family (maby Brett could give Cesar one and CJ could claim Cesars Harley?).

This type of conversation is what the discussion thread's for. And if you ask around, you'll find out I'm willing to discuss ANYTHING, as long as everyone's respectful. :)

So you suggest a Henderson and IBEX keeps pushing me on Indians. They're both possibilities at some point as are a few other brands.

Here's my current thinking:

CJ hasn't shown any aptitude for mechanical tinkering (that's what his BFF Harley's for!) so I'd be hesitant to give him an older bike with a choke and kick starter insted of fuel injection and electronic ignition as his first motorcycle.

Although wealthy, I've not wanted to make him or his parents accumulators of "things" (that's what Danno's there for with his growing muscle car collection!) I've found the first thing some authors have done is give the wealthy character lots of toys. I keep trying to keep my guys grounded (that's why I had Brett nix the idea of buying a plane.) I have a friend who owns a few cars, two planes and three boats. Everytime he starts blabbing about how much money each one is worth I call him an asshole.

I have a long-term sparse outline of things to come, and a near-term detailed one with specific events but that doesn't mean I don't listen to suggestions from readers. I've incorporated a few things people have mentioned in the story and also try to react to real-life events. The taco truck comment by Harley was added after the chapter was written 'cause I thought it was funny. I'm glad someone picked up on it.

So keepsharing your thoughts. Get a picture of your friend's bike and load it into the gallery.Tell me some jokes. I'm listening and you never know what will make it into the story. I'm smart enough to know I don't have a lock on good ideas and if something sounds good and fits into my overall goals, I'm not shy about using it!

• Like 3

Thanks Carlos,

I really like your logic about modern and reliable for CJ.  Also, the idea of keeping the family grounded and not flashy with STUFF is a really great thing.  Your story and characters are definately yours and you are doing a fantastic job of leting them grow and develop in a modern world.  Keep your story YOURS.  In that way we can live the dream with you. Thats what makes storys exciting to read.  If your story was loaded with my ideas then it would be partially my story and I NEVER read anything I write down (you should see my penmanship :rofl: ).  As for the bike mentioned, I will see if there are any pix of it.  My friend sold it about 10 years ago to a collector in Seattle.  He could not bring himself to ride it as his uncle was a second father to him, and the bike never felt like his (his words).  He actually saw more of his uncle than his dad, who is gone now also.  Anyway, just tossing out clasic bikes for thought.  Keep up the great writing and I will keep reading :).

Rob

• Like 3

No, to answer your question, I don't require content warnings on anything. I'm not 10. I've had enough of American politics in the last couple of years, let alone our own. It was a review I wrote about what I thought of the chapter-it was a comment. ...You can write whatever you want. It's my choice to read it or not, or to comment. Perhaps I should have gone with my first instinct, and said nothing.

• Like 1

No, to answer your question, I don't require content warnings on anything. I'm not 10. I've had enough of American politics in the last couple of years, let alone our own. It was a review I wrote about what I thought of the chapter-it was a comment. ...You can write whatever you want. It's my choice to read it or not, or to comment. Perhaps I should have gone with my first instinct, and said nothing.

Down buddy! I was being facetious. I think you know well I don't look for only praise in reviews. I enjoy hearing the truth even when readers find something they dislike,

I'm not a fan of warnings either. I figure if I don;t like the story description provided or read something I don't like or feel comfortable with I'll stop and find something else to entertain myself with.

Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. :hug:

Edited by Carlos Hazday