2 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

Am I being too hard on Alek? Isn't the respect issue important too? It's not just that Liam was a secret, he was a dirty little secret

No, you’re not being too hard on Alek!

I still believe Alek was being emotionally abusive even though I was told it I didn’t know what emotional abuse was. I believe Alek has been allowed to be too much of a coward with the excuse that his family prevented him from Coming Out. If being Closeted was that important to Alek, he should never have been dating!

It’s not just that he didn’t respect Liam enough during their entire sordid dating history, he didn’t respect himself either.

Spoiler

But just as I was unhappy with the epilogue of Red Running Shoe which flipped the satisfying ‘last’ chapter’s conclusion into tragedy, I have the sick feeling that LitLover is going to allow Alek to get away with having emotionally tormented Liam over and over again – and still get Liam back.

Liam needs to grow up and realize that being coupled is not necessary for a happy life. Just as Alek has claimed he didn’t Come Out for Liam, Liam needs to understand that he doesn’t have to reward Alek by accepting him back as more than just a friend. Nathan is proof that there are other men besides Alek who would be interested in being with him. It’s not that he only has two choices to select from.

An HEA does not have to mean Alek!

I am confused about what emotional / physical abuse is ...  I just don't understand where anyone stands anymore ...  I can't even come out and tell people what I honestly think, for fear of alienating the one that I like (as a friend) ...  Life is complicated and everyone is different, there seems to be no universal standard, well as it may be, sometimes I feel people bend the rules a little too much to suit their own agendas ...

What is love ?

• Like 4

Whoa !  So many strong opinions on this relationship ...  Hmm ... we all bring our own "baggage" to this debate ...  

Well, Liam and Alek did break up multiple times over the issue of "being inside the closet" and even LitL has hinted at there being a lot more work needed to be done by Alek to gain the trust of Liam again.  Alek did choose his business and his family over Liam, and there would be consequences for each of the choices he had made.  

I think we're so vehement in our desire for how the story should go forward, precisely because it is fiction; we feel we should be able to control the outcome of this tale.  We, each of us, take the characters to heart and have written "fan fictional" accounts for them, projecting all our hopes, desires, fears, prejudices and a myriad of other emotions onto them.  If, in the end, the story doesn't fit our version of it, we freely reject what LitL will have written and part ways with Liam and Alek ...

• Like 4
1 minute ago, LitLover said:

*head bowed and feeling properly chastised*. I'm sorry :( 

Sweetie, don't feel bad. :hug: 

1 minute ago, Drew Espinosa said:

I'll give her a cheep cheep instead! ;) <cheering for Unexpected!>

:D:D:D 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Isn't Team Nathan defunct now... I thought the train crashed... fortunately, our Reader was thrown clear  :P 

My thoughts on the matter... :P 

On 5/5/2017 at 8:02 PM, Drew Espinosa said:

Nyce Air is soarin'

Lathan Locomotives is derailin'

• Like 2

Ya know, I think Lit will succeed in turning Team Nathan's frown upside down over the next chapters... :lol: And no, I don't mean that Liam chooses Nathan. :rolleyes::P 

PS: Cheep! Cheep! ;) 

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Quoting LitLover:

*head bowed and feeling properly chastised*. I'm sorry :( 

3 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Quoting Headstall:

Isn't Team Nathan defunct now... I thought the train crashed... fortunately, our Reader was thrown clear  :P 

Where are these unattributed quotes coming from?

17 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Where are these unattributed quotes coming from?

Other threads. :P 

PS: The arrow in the upper right corner of a quote takes you directly to the actual post that is being quoted. 

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Ya know, I think Lit will succeed in turning Team Nathan's frown upside down over the next chapters... :lol: And no, I don't mean that Liam chooses Nathan. :rolleyes::P 

PS: Cheep! Cheep! ;) 

No, no, that has to wait for the next story: Unexpected by Litlover.

PS: Pip, pip (what birds say in Denmark :rofl: )

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, JayT said:

the official stance of the association is 'hate the sin, not the sinner.'

That phrase is nowhere in the bible. Their Jesus was all about love, not hate. The Southern Baptists supported slavery and they haven’t progressed much in the last 150 years.