Happy Birthday Kurt

Wooo HOOOO!! It's Kurtie's birthday! :2thumbs::2thumbs::great:

16, wow that's an important one! SOOOOO did you get your license today? :boy:

I hope you have a really amazing birthday, Kurt, you deserve all the happiness and peace the world has to offer :D . We're all really proud of you! Take care and may this year find even happier than before :)

Kevin

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KURTIE-POOH!!!!! :boy:

And, as a special present for you ...

------------------------------

I was kind of surprised at getting an invite to perform at a birthday party, and I can't say that I was exactly thrilled, although getting paid to do it made the decision a little easier. The idea of a room full of rowdy teenagers wasn't really my idea of a good time, though.

The parents had insisted that I play "Happy Birthday" for their son, Kurt, who was apparently turning sixteen. But I wasn't some performing clown, I was a real musician, dammit! So, of course, I would sing whatever the hell I damn well pleased.

When I got to the small banquet hall that had been rented for the party, I was pleased to see that this kid's parents had acquiesed to my demands and rented a Roland RD-1000 digital piano, and it had already been hooked up to the amplifiers, and the microphone installed as well. It was positioned in the front of the room (or at least I took it to be the front), and a large "Happy Birthday, Kurt!" banner was hanging above it. People were already filing in and sitting down at the numerous round tables that were scattered around the room, so I figured I'd better go change into my "stage clothes" and get ready.

I found a small room where I could get dressed, and put on the new outfit that Ryan had bought for me at the mall the previous week. It was an all-black suit, much nicer quality than my old one, and had a Medusa image made out of rhinestones on the back. I finished off my ensemble with a pair of plain black sunglasses.

Just as I was stepping out of the changing room, the woman who had identified herself as "Kurt's mother" told me that it was time to go on, so she quickly led me back into the banquet room, where by now all the seats had been filled. She told me to wait at the side of the room until she made a little introduction, and then it would be time for me to go on.

"Everyone, can I have your attention, please?" the woman said. "I'm so happy, and a little sad, too, that my baby boy is growing up so fast."

The boy standing next to her, who I assumed to be Kurt, looked like he was about to die from embarrassment. Poor kid, I thought. But instead of being the jerk I expected him to be (I tended to think everyone was a jerk until they proved otherwise), he looked like one of the sweetest kids I'd ever seen. He had kind of curly blond hair, really big, beautiful eyes, and a very genuine smile. The blush was certainly cute, too.

After giving Kurt a kiss on the cheek, his mom motioned for me to go over to the piano. As I sat down on the piano bench and adjusted the microphone, I suddenly decided that my previous choice of playing Elton John's "The Bitch is Back" wouldn't be so appropriate for someone who looked as sweet and innocent as Kurt. So, I made some quick adjustments to the digital piano to provide for some soft synthesized string sounds, and switched it into 'regular piano' mode.

My choice was going to be Stevie Nicks' "Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You." As I began to play the opening bars of the classic ballad, I made it a point to quickly lower my sunglasses and give Kurt a wink and a big smile -- I was always the consummate showman!

Has anyone ever written anything for you

In all your darkest hours

Have you ever heard me sing

Listen to me now

You know I'd rather be alone

Than be without you

Don't you know

Has anyone ever given anything to you

In your darkest hours

Did you ever give it back

Well, I have

I have given that to you

If it's all I ever do

This is your song

And the rain comes down

There's no pain and there's no doubt

It was easy to say

I believed in you everyday

If not for me

Then do it for the world

Has anyone ever written anything for you

In your darkest sorrow

Did you ever hear me sing

Listen to me now

You know I'd rather be alone

Than be without you

Don't you know

So, if not for me, then

Do it for yourself

If not for me then

Do it for the world

Poet...priest of nothing ... legend ...

Poet...priest of nothing ... legend ...

"Happy Birthday, Kurt," I said into the microphone as I played the final few chords.

As the audience applauded politely, I got up quickly to leave. As I was leaving, however, I noticed a really attractive boy with kind of dark, curly hair walk over to Kurt and give him a hug, and a kiss on the cheek that seemed to linger just a bit too long.

"Happy birthday, Kurt," I heard the boy say.

"Thanks, Tom," Kurt said with his adorable smile.

THE END

-----------------------------

Happy Sweet Sixteen, Kurt! :great:

*Hugz*

Buddha

Edited by LittleBuddhaTW

KURTIE!!! Happy Birthday!!! I hope you love it like I love

you! I want to wish you good health and prosperity, many

friends and great grades, I want all your dreams and wishes to

come true, and for you to be able to accomplish anything you

ever wanted to. Most of all, however, I want to wish you love.

Love from your family, for they often the most important part

of your life; love from your friends, for they are the key to

happiness; love from all those around you, for to see them

accept who you are is a great accomplishment; love from

yourself, for you are your biggest driving force to push you

to do better and better things for yourself if you believe in

yourself; love from God to make things go right in your life

so you may be fulfilled and happy. I want to tell you that I

love you with all my heart, intimately, and even more as a

friend who is there for you whenever you may need me. I want

you to know that I will always be there for you through any

trouble you may have, and that you can trust me to make you