• Site Moderator

Max grinned and put down his eggnog. “Yeah, I really think I’d like to come out here for school.”

Ma sat up a bit straighter. “Would you?”

The tears still stain my cheeks from Gran’s (so love that. This? whatever...) reaction to her family gift, but this made me giggle and I’m still smiling. :D 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
44 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

dont read more then... just sayin

Too late! :P  

PS: No need to be sad, tim. I was shedding happy tears, I promise. :) 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

Weird coincidence or kismet. 🤔

What am I talking about, you ask? 

Well Hudson and Rex, of course. A new show about a cop and his canine partner on CityTV (a Toronto channel for those not in the know) that I came across while flipping through the apps on my AppleTV.

I have no idea if it’s going to good, bad or corny as heck, but, and this is important to note (and the reason for posting it in this forum) it is set in St. John’s, NF. :D 

That's right, the very place we visited in Changes, Again tonight. So far, I’ve seen some lovely local scenery. Going to watch it and be on the look out for more. Oh, and to see if the show is any good. 

So far, the dog is awesome, but I’m on the fence regarding his human partner.

See you laterz...

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Well Hudson and Rex, of course. A new show about a cop and his canine partner on CityTV (a Toronto channel for those not in the know) that I came across while flipping through the apps on my AppleTV.

I have no idea if it’s going to good, bad or corny as heck, but, and this is important to note (and the reason for posting it in this forum) it is set in St. John’s, NF. :D 

That's right, the very place we visited in Changes, Again tonight. So far, I’ve seen some lovely local scenery. Going to watch it and be on the look out for more. Oh, and to see if the show is any good. 

See you laterz...

Thank you Reader ... :D  

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator

Had a thought a little bit ago. Having Maxy attend uni in NF wasn’t just good for him because of the program he could take, but it was also a great opportunity for him to forge a really strong emotional/familial bond with his Gran and his aunts and they, with him. Also, they no doubt acted as a support system for his independence to grow and bloom, but they were also there at the ready for any bumps in the road. 

A win win situation all around. :D 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Had a thought a little bit ago. Having Maxy attend uni in NF wasn’t just good for him because of the program he could take, but it was also a great opportunity for him to forge a really strong emotional/familial bond with his Gran and his aunts and they, with him. Also, they no doubt acted as a support system for his independence to grow and bloom, but they were also there at the ready for any bumps in the road. 

A win win situation all around. :D 

This will be lost on the Americans as well as the others not from Canada, but I'm sorry, but a university in NFLD?

Professor approaches podium dressed in slicker, resembles "Fisherman's Friend" spokes person. Taps mic, "Is dis here ding on? itis eh? Alrights there buddies, set your asses down in them there chairs. We's gonna talk about beheading Cod fishes to day with a special session on getting tour hours in for pogey."

Student asks, "Wii dat cover da time I's in McMurray?"

"Yas it will there buddy. We alls go to McMurray to work and get our hours during the winter."

(says a guy from McMurray but stuck in Saskatchewan now.)🤣🤣

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Moderator
On 3/29/2019 at 9:55 PM, Reader1810 said:

See you laterz...

Alas, after watching yesterday’s episode and seeing Toronto General Hospital’s exterior on the show, I have pretty well been able to confirm, that while this show is set in St. John’s, the vast majority of the show is filmed in Toronto. In fact, apart from episode one, I don’t recall any exterior shots that would have had to be filmed in NF.

Bummer, I was looking forward to seeing some great local scenery. *sigh* 

• Wow 1
  • Sad 1
55 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Alas, after watching yesterday’s episode and seeing Toronto General Hospital’s exterior on the show, I have pretty well been able to confirm, that while this show is set in St. John’s, the vast majority of the show is filmed in Toronto. In fact, apart from episode one, I don’t recall any exterior shots that would have had to be filmed in NF.

Bummer, I was looking forward to seeing some great local scenery. *sigh* 

That sounds like many shows set in places like San Francisco. There are shows filmed in Toronto or Vancouver that are set in the US with only a few cut shots of the ‘local’ skyline and signature buildings. Even when filming is done on location, editors frequently cut together shots from wildly separated locations – the original Hawaii Five-O was notorious for that, but few viewers would have noticed the impossible chase scenes!
;–)

• Site Moderator

So, I finally did it. Can you guess where I went today? :D 

🤔

Spoiler

1742771417_ScreenShot2019-04-13at4_36_08PM.png.7dddedb6750a067aae711647412ccaec.png 1470290536_ScreenShot2019-04-13at4_34_11PM.png.35b0cc4dc3245a7044dfed306f8c4ba0.png

YEP! That's exactly right. Now, tell me the truth, how many of you guessed correctly? Hmm...

I looked this place up on a map. Wasn't sure how far away it was, but I was surprised that it was only a 10 minute subway + 10 minute bus ride from home.

Yay for me!

Then again, maybe it being so close isn't such a good thing...beware the burger addiction...hehe

Luckily - or maybe not - a regular burger is really big - meaning really filling - so I couldn't eat but one of my onion rings (they are yummy and currently in my fridge to be heated up later) so I probably won't go there that much. 

It's a gorgeous day, so I walked off part of the burger - and small strawberry shake - by walking to the subway. I forgot to check the time, but I think it took about one-half hour. 

Now I am going to rest, and read for  bit

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

🤔

Reveal hidden contents

1742771417_ScreenShot2019-04-13at4_36_08PM.png.7dddedb6750a067aae711647412ccaec.png 1470290536_ScreenShot2019-04-13at4_34_11PM.png.35b0cc4dc3245a7044dfed306f8c4ba0.png

YEP! That's exactly right. Now, tell me the truth, how many of you guessed correctly? Hmm...

I looked this place up on a map. Wasn't sure how far away it was, but I was surprised that it was only a 10 minute subway + 10 minute bus ride from home.

Yay for me!

Then again, maybe it being so close isn't such a good thing...beware the burger addiction...hehe

Luckily - or maybe not - a regular burger is really big - meaning really filling - so I couldn't eat but one of my onion rings (they are yummy and currently in my fridge to be heated up later) so I probably won't go there that much. 

It's a gorgeous day, so I walked off part of the burger - and small strawberry shake - by walking to the subway. I forgot to check the time, but I think it took about one-half hour. 

That's awesome, Reader!

• Like 2
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

🤔

Reveal hidden contents

Yay for me!

Hehe ... i'm glad you did it!!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
15 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

But if you see the gang there, could you post updates of their goings on since Tim refuses to do so, please?
;–)

I looked for them, but alas, we didn’t cross paths. Maybe, next time...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
8 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

They purchased an empty low rise apartment.. which they have fully reno'd. it is now wheelchair friendly. They named it, Kyle's Place. It is a home for kids in wheelchairs while they come for treatment .. so they can stay with their parents. The cost is nominal. 

Don's book was a best seller.. and Max is a famous graphic artist.  Louis runs his own business and has 4 employees.

Rena and Robert work there running Kyle's Place together.   Miriam and Doug.. are still teachers, raising the two kids.

On weekends when everyone is home... Maxy, Don, and Louis still go riding together with Badger, Clyde and Taro.

The End.

:heart: 

Best epilogue ever! 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

They purchased an empty low rise apartment.. which they have fully reno'd. it is now wheelchair friendly. They named it, Kyle's Place. It is a home for kids in wheelchairs while they come for treatment .. so they can stay with their parents. The cost is nominal. 

I love this! Kyle's place sounds perfect. 🙂

• Love 3
  • 4 months later...