• Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

then that's the end Sir .. the Changes stories end ...

As the saying goes, all good things must come to an end.

Spoiler

Binge repeat reads don’t just happen all by themselves after all... 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 4

It's far better to enrich the lives of others than to gather riches to yourself. (MacGreg)

Yeah, that’s what I’m doing too. And I think I must be doing a really good job since my income only increased a few dollars this year yet I just got a notification that my rent is going up by US$60 next month. But it doesn’t feel as good as when I was volunteering…  ;–)

• Site Moderator
1 minute ago, droughtquake said:

Yeah, that’s what I’m doing too. And I think I must be doing a really good job since my income only increased a few dollars this year yet I just got a notification that my rent is going up by US$60 next month. But it doesn’t feel as good as when I was volunteering…  ;–)

I :heart: this for the volunteering you do, not the tent increase. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I :heart: this for the volunteering you do, not the tent increase. 

I’m on a wait list for a Section 8 voucher. I’m halfway through the projected six year delay for my name to get to the top. But it’s not applicable to my current apartment because it’s for the county I used to live in. It won’t work for the apartment I used to live in either (even if they allowed me back after they evicted me) because that city has its own Section 8 list. I’m dreading the search once I get my voucher – there’s a time limit and most landlords don’t like dealing with Section 8 renters or the complications associated with the program itself.

I take those Love reactions as support for me.  ;–)

• Site Moderator
26 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

blah

Saw this...

Pondered for a moment...

My mind went here... (hope this works)

https://translate.google.ca/#view=home&op=translate&sl=auto&tl=la&text=blah

Edit: Yay! It worked. And, yes, this is proof positive I am weird :gikkle:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Haha 4
8 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

of course they are... 💖

And I only mentioned the Section 8 voucher because although my rent is going up, there is a bright light in the future. I won’t need to spend such a huge percentage of my Disability on rent. My finances will be easier when I get the voucher and find an apartment that takes it. After a year, I can move wherever I want (if they take the voucher).  ;–)

4 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

And I only mentioned the Section 8 voucher because although my rent is going up, there is a bright light in the future. I won’t need to spend such a huge percentage of my Disability on rent. My finances will be easier when I get the voucher and find an apartment that takes it. After a year, I can move wherever I want (if they take the voucher).  ;–)

I hope it works out!  Nite...need to be up early xo

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator

I sat down on a milk crate while I unwrapped them. B

A Milk crate - or more to the point, having one (at least one) in their possession - is such a Canadian thing. Course, I (  ) never had any, but my older brother made a bookshelf out of them. :D 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

A Milk crate - or more to the point, having one (at least one) in their possession - is such a Canadian thing. Course, I (  ) never had any, but my older brother made a bookshelf out of them. :D 

i suppose that's true ... Jeff and i had our fair share of them.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator

You know how sometimes you have moments of brilliant insight, where you can see something that you take for granted in a whole new light? That’s how I saw my husband then. It was like seeing him for the first time again; he simply took my breath away. I loved him like I would never love anyone else

Makes you stop, pause and ponder, doesn’t it? Italy’s a “wow....” feeling. 

PS: There's more stuff before these two I could have quoted and commented on, but I’m trying to read the whole chapter through this time. Really, I am. The operative word being ‘trying’...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator

“My office. I’d like to hang it up in there. I thought maybe our bedroom at first and then decided maybe there’s stuff in there they’d rather not see.”

:gikkle: 

Though really, it’s a reaffirmation of their love feach other, so it’s not a giggling matter, now is it? 

Then, again...

Don grinned. “Yeah, your mother would be most upset about how you leave your gotchies and socks!”

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

:gikkle: 

Though really, it’s a reaffirmation of their love for each other, so it’s not a giggling matter, now is it? 

oh.. i'm fairly sure there was giggling ... LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Makes you stop, pause and ponder, doesn’t it? Italy’s a “wow....” feeling. 

PS: There's more stuff before these two I could have quoted and commented on, but I’m trying to read the whole chapter through this time. Really, I am. The operative word being ‘trying’...

you do what you want to do, Reader ..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator

“You go get Max. I’ll wait here so we don’t have close up and lock the van again.”

“Don ….”

“No, you go please, Lous.”

🤔 Not sure what to think about this situation...

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

The impression I came away with from this scene was that Don wanted to encourage bonding between the guys.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
Just now, Reader1810 said:

Well... 1) Don is too lazy to go.  2) Don is thinking about Louis and it's easier for him to stay so Louis doesn't do all the extra work.  or 3) The fact he's finally getting the child he's always wanted and he's very emotional.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

“Good.” I moved behind him and took hold of the hand grips. “Do me a favour and text Don, please. Say we are on the way?”

While it makes total sense for Max to do it, because Lous’ occupied with getting the bag and pushing Max’s chair, it’s good Louis asked Max to text Don. 

It says to me it’s not just a him (Max) and them (Don and Louis) relationship.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Well... 1) Don is too lazy to go.  2) Don is thinking about Louis and it's easier for him to stay so Louis doesn't do all the extra work.  or 3) The fact he's finally getting the child he's always wanted and he's very emotional.

Door number three. I think. Needs a little “me time” to collect himself is my guess. I can see door number two and one as well. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1