The Drop in Centre

Hey All,

Well good news and bad news regarding my Kidney Stones and Stent.

First the good news, I had surgery this morning to remove the Stones and Stent. They did remove the largest stone, so I'm in less pain.

Now the bad news, they had to put a new Stent in, owing to the urethra narrowing and the stones moving up into the kidney.

So early new year I have to have a CT Scan to determine where we go from here.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All,

First the good news, I had surgery this morning to remove the Stones and Stent. They did remove the largest stone, so I'm in less pain.

Now the bad news, they had to put a new Stent in, owing to the urethra narrowing and the stones moving up into the kidney.

Sounds like some progress at least. Less pain is always a good thing.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All,

good news you got some relief hope things get better.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All,

Well it sounds like some progress was made. I know you're glad to be in less pain, but it still must be frustrating for you.  Hopefully you can get a complete resolution in the early part of the new year. Until then, I hope you have the happiest of holidays!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

live dangerously have BOTH

I'll probably do eggnog for Christmas and Bailey's for New Years. 

Luckily the cream cheese shortage hasn't been an issue. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All,

Glad your surgery went well, hopefully you'll get everything taken care of soon.

*hugs*

• Love 2
9 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends

wanted to stop in and wish everyone 

“Merry Christmas”

May this Christmas bring you much joy and happiness, and may your New Year be merry and bright. 

Thanks for being such great friends.

B3D15E89-D9C2-4D64-9F69-D25F3B301B6E.jpeg

Merry Christmas to you as well, rick!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

According to the Santa tracker he's nearing Manila as I write this. I've always thought the Santa tracker, brought to you by the organization designed to blow up the world, was an interesting and useful (especially when you have kids to show it to) tool.

Hope all of you have a safe and healthy Christmas and let it continue on to 2022.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Ryan Jones said:

According to the Santa tracker he's nearing Manila as I write this. I've always thought the Santa tracker, brought to you by the organization designed to blow up the world, was an interesting and useful (especially when you have kids to show it to) tool.

Hope all of you have a safe and healthy Christmas and let it continue on to 2022.

I have always thought that the santa tracker  was a way to make people feel safer IN UNCERTAIN TIMES. If NORAD could keep up with an elusive creature like santa , A nuclear warhead would be a piece of cake to track and eliminate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
3 hours ago, Ryan Jones said:

did you know that Santa Tracker started by accident? back about 1955, before there was even NORAD, a local department store printed an ad with a number to call Santa on Christmas Eve. it was misprinted :o

the military person (can't remember branch or rank) who answered was human enough to play along with the callers. and thus a tradition was born.

https://www.norad.mil/About-NORAD/NORAD-Tracks-Santa/

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

did you know that Santa Tracker started by accident? back about 1955, before there was even NORAD, a local department store printed an ad with a number to call Santa on Christmas Eve. it was misprinted :o

the military person (can't remember branch or rank) who answered was human enough to play along with the callers. and thus a tradition was born.

https://www.norad.mil/About-NORAD/NORAD-Tracks-Santa/

I heard about this story, and it's so cute.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Merry Early Christmas to all those who celebrate.

We're hosting a couple we know this year, and I somehow became the guy cooking? I am still unsure how that happened. Regardless, the menu is: Beef Tenderloin with a spicy, umami, slightly sweet rub, mashed parsnips & potatoes, puff pastry brie cups with my husband's homemade apple chutney, and various finger foods. Eggnog with brandy too, of course.

I've done as much as I can today to prep, and now we just have some cleaning to do.

Bring on the morrow!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Merry Early Christmas to all those who celebrate.

We're hosting a couple we know this year, and I somehow became the guy cooking? I am still unsure how that happened. Regardless, the menu is: Beef Tenderloin with a spicy, umami, slightly sweet rub, mashed parsnips & potatoes, puff pastry brie cups with my husband's homemade apple chutney, and various finger foods. Eggnog with brandy too, of course.

I've done as much as I can today to prep, and now we just have some cleaning to do.

Bring on the morrow!

Justin and I are going to his parent's house tomorrow. The only other guests are Justin's grandparents and my sister. I'm making a standing rib roast, there's also going to be turkey and ham along with assorted side dishes. The good thing is that Justin's parents live within a half mile so I can take the roast out and get to their house by the time it's cool enough to cut. We've always eaten as soon as everyone arrives and thankfully this family is very punctual.

Conversations are always after dinner, before the desserts and coffee.

I'll make a chocolate pie also. I have to make sure at least one dessert is chocolate.

Eggnog. Can't deal with it. Not sure why but I guess it's probably a textural thing. Just break out the good Cabernet Sauvingon and I'm happy!

• Like 4

Shopped for some food stuff this morning. Been cooking for about 4 hours now. Drinking for 3. Dinner should be fun!

Enjoy whatever sort of celebration you're having and stay safe.

Happy Egg Nog Eve!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Wayne Gray said:

I somehow became the guy cooking? I am still unsure how that happened.

I won't tax @Mikiesboy on this one, so I'll just remind you  by saying 2 simple words:  Oat Hash.

That sealed your fate.

Happy Merry Holly Jolly Christmas and New Years!

• Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..