The Drop in Centre

5 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends

wanted to stop in say Good Night

the last few days have been rough dealing with a health challenge. the only solution was surgery this am. taking things slowly. 

Take Care of yourself.

Wishing you a speedy recovery 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, rickproehl said:

thanks for the well wishes.

when you hurt like a semi truck hit you on your right side. had my gall bladder removed feeling better. it’s so much better to be pain free. taking it easy and using my meds.

thanks again

Ouch!

It gets better. I had mine out in my 20s. Took about 3 days for the soreness to go away. 

Feel better soon!

• Like 4
9 hours ago, rickproehl said:

wanted to stop in say Good Night

the last few days have been rough dealing with a health challenge. the only solution was surgery this am. taking things slowly. 

Take Care of yourself.

Wishing you a speedy recovery rick.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, kbois said:

Ouch!

It gets better. I had mine out in my 20s. Took about 3 days for the soreness to go away. 

Feel better soon!

was able to take a shower today so starting to feel human again. feeling lots better moving slowly but at least pain free.

thanks for the well wishes

• Like 2
  • Love 2

wanted to stop in say Good Morning

Feeling better, glad this is over finally was able to take a shower feeling human. 

the saving grace is that i had this scheduled as PTO time off so not having to miss any work. we are still working from home so that helps. the major plus is this happen this last week of 2021 and it max out my health insurance. 

Take Care of yourself.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

the major plus is this happen this last week of 2021 and it max out my health insurance. 

And this unpleasant interlude can go out with the rest of 2021. 

May 2022 bring better times to us all.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, rickproehl said:

was able to take a shower today so starting to feel human again. feeling lots better moving slowly but at least pain free.

thanks for the well wishes

Glad things seem to be going so well. At least it was a nonessential organ. If I remember right my father had to have an abdominal aorta repair done about 40 years ago and while they had him opened up they just took the gallbladder out so they'd never have to worry about it.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Ryan Jones said:

Glad things seem to be going so well. At least it was a nonessential organ. If I remember right my father had to have an abdominal aorta repair done about 40 years ago and while they had him opened up they just took the gallbladder out so they'd never have to worry about it.

Thanks Ryan but why if is nonessential organ did it hurt so bad. glad it is out.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Thanks Ryan but why if is nonessential organ did it hurt so bad. glad it is out.

It wasn't the gallbladder that caused the issue... it was the stones in the thing that caused the pain. Multiple or large stones hurt like hell. I had one big one. (Still, not quite as bad as trying to bring an 8.5lb baby into the world and your epidural wears off! 😬)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, kbois said:

It wasn't the gallbladder that caused the issue... it was the stones in the thing that caused the pain. Multiple or large stones hurt like hell. I had one big one. (Still, not quite as bad as trying to bring an 8.5lb baby into the world and your epidural wears off! 😬)

I think that's why the doctor just removed my father's when he was open. He had never had gallstones but did have kidney stones at some point. As small as it is you'd think now it would be simple in patient procedure. Liposuction it out! Women always bring everything back to childbirth! (JUST A JOKE! DON'T KILL ME!)

• Like 3
23 hours ago, rickproehl said:

thanks for the well wishes.

when you hurt like a semi truck hit you on your right side. had my gall bladder removed feeling better. it’s so much better to be pain free. taking it easy and using my meds.

thanks again

Take care of yourself, rick.

• Like 3

wanted to stop in say Good Afternoon

How is everyone today?

myself feeling better and moving around took a short walk. the weather here is spring like so took advantage of it.

i can’t believe that 2021 is almost over. 

Take Care 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Okay @Wayne Gray, here's one last one to close out the year. 

I just had the most ridiculous request. 

We replaced the sewer clean out trap three weeks ago on a snowbird's lot. They just got back in town yesterdayTheir cable and phone service didn't work. He found a wire that had come loose, and when he pushed it back....voila! Easy fix. Didn't even have to call Spectrum. 

He asked to be reimbursed for the the three weeks they didn't have service. The same three weeks they Were. Not. There. The house was EMPTY!

Why me?

• Wow 5
  • Site Moderator
5 hours ago, kbois said:

He asked to be reimbursed for the the three weeks they didn't have service. The same three weeks they Were. Not. There. The house was EMPTY!

Dumb question, but was the cable service op—

Never mind, I just answered my own question. :rolleyes: 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Wayne Gray said:

Awesome. More ammunition for my kbois-based character! Some of the things that happen to you sound utterly made up, and I love it. 😛

I'll vouch for her 100%. She's in property management and the stuff you hear and deal with-- most people would never believe. I tell folks that I served my 5 year sentence doing that and I'm not ever going back. 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Site Moderator
1 minute ago, spyke said:

I'll vouch for her 100%. She's in property management and the stuff you hear and deal with-- most people would never believe. I tell folks that I served my 5 year sentence doing that and I'm not ever going back. 🤣 

I chatted with all of my property managers over the years. I know the crazy things people have done or tried to do. :P 

• Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..