The Drop in Centre

I've worked customer service in some way, shape or form since I  was 16. It never ceases to amaze me the things people do and the situations they get themselves into.

I'm sure each one of us could write a War and Peace length novel. Snippets of my version just happen to tumble out of me occasionally. Hopefully you get a kick out of them. There are moments that just need to be shared. 

Hope y'all have a good night and make the most of the last day of 2021. It'll be in the rearview mirror pretty soon. 

• Like 5

Why do they use a test for covid and then, when it comes back negative, it says:

POC Rapid COVID-19 BD Veritor Antigen

Learn more about this
  • Negative
    Date:
    Dec 29, 2021 03:38 p.m. EST

Negative results do not preclude SARS CoV-2 infection and should not be used as the sole basis for patient management decisions.

So that was essentially a waste of time. I've had "something" since Sunday evening. Fever, chills, muscle pain and a slight headache. Fatigue. Went to the doctor for the test on the 29th, they did this test and the other test that takes longer. So am I supposed to wait for the second test result? If I follow the new CDC guidelines I'm available to reenter society since it's been 5 days. I still have the sweating but no fever, headache is still around but minor.  I'm always masked up, I guess I'll do the double masking with a cloth over surgical.

So far Justin has shown no symptoms at all but we haven't left the house since Sunday. Had a neighbor bring us milk, that's the only thing we were out of. I guess I'll get dressed and go to the store early, we need more milk.

Everyone have a safe New Year's Eve and let's hope in 2022 we can relegate covid to the status of the seasonal flu, perhaps with two vaccinations per year needed.

Ryan

POC COVID-19 Negative Comment_BD

Learn more about this
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
25 minutes ago, 1brokNangel said:

I had a big enough kidney stone one time that was to big to pass, so what did the E.R Doctor do, she gave me medicine to help it pass....needless to say I didn't take the meds but I did go and have the procedure done to remove it.

I NEVER want to deal with that kind of pain again.

i hope you dont have to either.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
32 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Thanks for checking on me, Kitt. The fires were north of me. But, over 600 homes and businesses are now destroyed. True damage yet to be assessed. Unlike any wildfire I've ever witnessed, hitting a densely populated urban area. 

That’s so sad for all affected. I’m glad to hear, you’re okay, Mac. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..