The Drop in Centre

3 minutes ago, kbois said:

Started off the new year with a trip to the grocery store to prep lunches for the week. When did chicken shoot up to over $5 a pound??!! 😲

welcome to Canada ... lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So, people don't like to make resolutions just to break them. That's a just another way to disappoint ourselves, right? Well, here's something you can decide to do and there's no real reason to break this resolution, and it's good for you. It's easy and quick.

Click here to be good to yourself (and so others).

Have a good day everyone.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, kbois said:

Started off the new year with a trip to the grocery store to prep lunches for the week. When did chicken shoot up to over $5 a pound??!! 😲

I was just watching a news report that predicts grocery prices will rise in the neighborhood of 10% in average in 2022.  

I make a fairly decent wage (especially for a social worker)....but I have little savings and price increases in every sector is going to squeeze us hard.  

Edited by Starrynight22
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

So, people don't like to make resolutions just to break them. That's a just another way to disappoint ourselves, right? Well, here's something you can decide to do and there's no real reason to break this resolution, and it's good for you. It's easy and quick.

Click here to be good to yourself (and so others).

Have a good day everyone.

What a great article. Thanks for sharing tim. 

53 years into this life and I have yet to keep a resolution. I stopped making them a while back. 

This past year I've come a long way, both physically and mentally. I still have quite a ways to go with my physical journey, but at least now I  can see the difference. Mentally I'm making progress too. I'm not as anti-people as I used to be. 

Life has so much to offer and I'm focusing on keeping an open mind and experiencing as much as I can, both good and bad. 

Thanks again tim!

• Love 3
22 hours ago, kbois said:

Was that organic chicken or something?

Maybe the DC area is different, I see people talking about prices but personally I don't see them here. Maybe it's because I've never bought any meats that aren't on sale that week. Went to the grocery store this morning and bought boneless chicken breasts for $1.99/lb. Over the past weeks I've stocked up on all the items that Justin and I like because they were on sale. Rib roasts $5.77/lb. Boneless pork loins $1.99/lb.

I shop some at a Whole Foods store and I just have to laugh as I go past their meat cases. Anyone buying there has way too much money. It's weird though how some of their produce and dairy is cheaper than the chain grocery stores. I'll admit that if I want to just make a hamburger for Justin and me that I'll go to Whole Foods because it's basically right over the railroad tracks from us and I'm sure their beef was ground in store and fresh that morning.

Had to beat the crowds. It's over 60 right now but the news this morning said we could have up to 5" of snow by noon tomorrow. The stores will be a zoo when people get up and hear this! There will be a serious run on milk, bread and toilet paper! I bought some supposedly waterproof fake fur lined snow boots to wear to clear snow two years ago, I've never had to put them on. Yet! Tomorrow could be the big day!

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, Ryan Jones said:

Was that organic chicken or something?

Maybe the DC area is different, I see people talking about prices but personally I don't see them here. Maybe it's because I've never bought any meats that aren't on sale that week. Went to the grocery store this morning and bought boneless chicken breasts for $1.99/lb. Over the past weeks I've stocked up on all the items that Justin and I like because they were on sale. Rib roasts $5.77/lb. Boneless pork loins $1.99/lb.

I shop some at a Whole Foods store and I just have to laugh as I go past their meat cases. Anyone buying there has way too much money. It's weird though how some of their produce and dairy is cheaper than the chain grocery stores. I'll admit that if I want to just make a hamburger for Justin and me that I'll go to Whole Foods because it's basically right over the railroad tracks from us and I'm sure their beef was ground in store and fresh that morning.

Had to beat the crowds. It's over 60 right now but the news this morning said we could have up to 5" of snow by noon tomorrow. The stores will be a zoo when people get up and hear this! There will be a serious run on milk, bread and toilet paper! I bought some supposedly waterproof fake fur lined snow boots to wear to clear snow two years ago, I've never had to put them on. Yet! Tomorrow could be the big day!

Nope, not organic chicken. I usually get my chicken at Aldi as it bounces between $1.99 an $2.49 per pound, but they were closed. I ended up getting two 2.5lbs packs that were BOGO. ended up being about $2.99/lb. 

I'll hit Aldi up tomorrow. There’s one a block down from my office. 

My son called yesterday. They had about 4 or 5 inches of snow in Kansas. It was the first time his girlfriend ever saw snow falling, so she was excited. They're forecasting below 0 temps for the next few days. 

No thanks. I really don't miss it. 

Have a good day everyone!

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, kbois said:

Nope, not organic chicken. I usually get my chicken at Aldi as it bounces between $1.99 an $2.49 per pound, but they were closed. I ended up getting two 2.5lbs packs that were BOGO. ended up being about $2.99/lb. 

I have to admit, my jaw dropped when you said $5 a pound for chicken. I went into Aldi and another grocery store this morning (granted, not in your area) and chicken was sitting right in your price range. I think organic was a little bit higher than $2.49. So I'm wondering if that store jacked up the prices to make the BOGO seem like a good deal? Hmmmmm....🤔

• Like 1

. Rib roasts $5.77/lb

Really? Here they run $11.99 on sale!

I was planning a trip this afternoon to see what was on clearance after the holiday weekend. Large roasts usually hit year lows this week, but with the forcast I might snag a good roast but what I need will be wiped out. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, kbois said:

My son called me a little bit ago. He took his girlfriend out for a ride to see the snow. They stopped at a scenic overlook, overlooking the prairie and he proposed. 

❤❤❤

I'm so happy for them. For me too... I'm finally getting a daughter (in-law)!! 

Congratz!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
35 minutes ago, kbois said:

My son called me a little bit ago. He took his girlfriend out for a ride to see the snow. They stopped at a scenic overlook, overlooking the prairie and he proposed. 

❤❤❤

Congratulations!! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, kbois said:

❤❤❤

Congratulations 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, kbois said:

❤❤❤

That's wonderful news. Congratulations.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Kitt said:

. Rib roasts $5.77/lb

Really? Here they run $11.99 on sale!

I was planning a trip this afternoon to see what was on clearance after the holiday weekend. Large roasts usually hit year lows this week, but with the forcast I might snag a good roast but what I need will be wiped out. 

Safeway had good roasts on sale for $4.99 lbs last week. We got one. I made a roast last night, I accidentally overcooked it a tad, my bad, but it turned out amazing regardless. Leftover for days. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, kbois said:

❤❤❤

Congratulations x

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..