The Drop in Centre

Hi Solus! Things are randomly crazy, business as usual. We are in our quiet phase right now but you know how things go, we can go for days with no posts at times then fill pages in one afternoon!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
48 minutes ago, Solus Magus said:

Hey all. Haven't been here for a long while. How is everyone doing? I missed all the random craziness here lol

Hi Solus *waves*

Just about to head out for an appt., so I can’t stay. 

It’s nice to see you, :) 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Kitt said:

Hi Solus! Things are randomly crazy, business as usual. We are in our quiet phase right now but you know how things go, we can go for days with no posts at times then fill pages in one afternoon!

Yea. That's pretty much how things go here. Haha. I shall standby and prepare myself for the random craziness!

19 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Hi Solus *waves*

Just about to head out for an appt., so I can’t stay. 

It’s nice to see you, :) 

Nice to see you too! And no worries.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hey all!  It was so lovely in my neck of the woods Monday, near 74F

Today it was barely 49F....and will be cold and breezy and cloudy the next 5 days or so.  

I'm ready for summer. :)

ive been writing again.  Much slower than before. I think my creativity well ran dry a bit so I'm trying to fill it back up. 

Continuing any of your old stuff?? Or something new? Definitely need more deets. 

• Like 4
On 3/8/2023 at 10:33 PM, Starrynight22 said:

Hey all!  It was so lovely in my neck of the woods Monday, near 74F

Today it was barely 49F....and will be cold and breezy and cloudy the next 5 days or so.  

I'm ready for summer. :)

ive been writing again.  Much slower than before. I think my creativity well ran dry a bit so I'm trying to fill it back up. 

Glad you're writing ... i write most days but have no desire to post it.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Solus Magus said:

Never experienced snow myself yet haha I want to someday. But they said it's only magical the first few times.

It does get to be tiresome after shoveling enough of it. I feel for the peeps in California dealing with record amounts, some for the first time ever.

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
55 minutes ago, Kitt said:

It does get to be tiresome after shoveling enough of it. I feel for the peeps in California dealing with record amounts, some for the first time ever.

Wait I thought it doesn't really snow in California? 

But I am not sure. I'm way on the eastern side of the world lol

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Solus Magus said:

Wait I thought it doesn't really snow in California? 

But I am not sure. I'm way on the eastern side of the world lol

Northern Cali it does most years. But sections that have not seen snow in decades are getting it measured in feet, nor inches.

• Like 4
22 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Woke up this morning to this. Not what you expect in March in the UK.

20230310_093118.jpg

My sister’s garden looks the same. Here in Valencia a ridiculous 32° as I got into my car and it’s been mid 20s all week.  We need rain!

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

If you get the chance to watch, BETTER ... do not .. never, never ...JUST DON'T. 

That is all.

Couldn't agree more. One of the worst cops shows I've seen.  This woman is supposedly the best cop they have in Leeds. I'm surprised the city still stands in that piece of fiction. Trash.  I've worked with hardworking, smart and savvy women ... that woman is horrendously written and cast. 

Don't waste your time. 

• Like 3
On 3/11/2023 at 10:30 AM, MichaelS36 said:

Couldn't agree more. One of the worst cops shows I've seen.  This woman is supposedly the best cop they have in Leeds. I'm surprised the city still stands in that piece of fiction. Trash.  I've worked with hardworking, smart and savvy women ... that woman is horrendously written and cast. 

Don't waste your time. 

I've not watched but this reminds me of a conversation I just had with 2 friends who are also social workers in that we collectively have never seen a mental health therapist on television that wasn't written on a scale of /cringey to unethical/ 

It's awful to see your profession skewered in a show like it means nothing 

• Like 3
On 3/8/2023 at 10:56 PM, Mrsgnomie said:

Continuing any of your old stuff?? Or something new? Definitely need more deets. 

New stuff. 

I'm working on a fanfictio piece for a Twitter challenge (that I'm already late with lol). 

And I have another original.... this one a fantasy world. Don't know if I'll finish it but I'm just happy the words are coming again, even if it's a slow struggle. 

• Like 3
On 3/11/2023 at 11:19 AM, Mikiesboy said:

If you get the chance to watch, BETTER ... do not .. never, never ...JUST DON'T. 

That is all.

What's it about?

I am still not yet done with Blacklist lmao

• Like 2
Just now, Solus Magus said:

What's it about?

I am still not yet done with Blacklist lmao

Cop show .. set in Leeds, Yorkshire, England.  The actress is awful but it was so badly written it wouldn't matter who it was in it. And the ending... in a time where so many things just stop without really ending ... this ended with something so unbelievable and stupid i cannot believe anyone could say it was a good show. It was moronic. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Cop show .. set in Leeds, Yorkshire, England.  The actress is awful but it was so badly written it wouldn't matter who it was in it. And the ending... in a time where so many things just stop without really ending ... this ended with something so unbelievable and stupid i cannot believe anyone could say it was a good show. It was moronic. 

Oh yikes. No matter how good the actor or actress is, it just can't override bad writing.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

This made me :) .Thanks for this on this dreary weather day, tim. 

On the plus side, it’s Spring, and the Robins have returned! :D 

it was very dreary wasn't it ... i worked so didn't see much of the weather. bit brighter now.. i'm glad you're seeing the robins. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..