The Drop in Centre

10 hours ago, kbois said:

I hope everyone has a good year ahead. 

So far 2023 has been a dumpster fire as far as work goes. Only 2 days in and it's been one issue after another. Sigh. I'm hoping the rest of the week gets better. 

Trainwreck Tuesday.

When your client turns down a full priced cash offer "just because." 

I love it when adults act like a petulant 5 year old.

Hopefully this isn't the new normal for 2023. 

Edited by spyke
  • Love 1
  • Wow 3
On 1/4/2023 at 5:36 AM, spyke said:

Trainwreck Tuesday.

When your client turns down a full priced cash offer "just because." 

I love it when adults act like a petulant 5 year old.

Hopefully this isn't the new normal for 2023. 

Today, i was called a liar by a customer who said their balance wasn't under the required minimum.. when it was.

Another said: I want you to return my rent cheque because it has overdrawn my account.  I stared at that for a second, thinking WHAT?  Usually, they beg you not to return them.  Doesn't he know that NOT paying your rent is a bad thing?  I said go to your branch and ask them to return it.

I get the 5 yr old thing. Geez louise.   I think, sadly, it's all too normal.

• Wow 5

Sounds like everyone is having a bad start to the new year.

I've found out my hours are being cut for the next 8 weeks, so I've got 3 days off a week instead of 2. Extra days off is nice, losing hours not so nice. Luckily I kept back holiday hours just for this issue.

Happy New Year all, have a great weekend 😀 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Sounds like everyone is having a bad start to the new year.

I've found out my hours are being cut for the next 8 weeks, so I've got 3 days off a week instead of 2. Extra days off is nice, losing hours not so nice. Luckily I kept back holiday hours just for this issue.

Happy New Year all, have a great weekend 😀 

That does sound nice, but yeah, losing the funds not so nice.  We could work 7 days a week 10 hours a day and we'd still be busy. I worked Dec 27 ( a holiday in observance for Christmas Day as it fell on a Sunday)  and i worked January 1 .. they were so busy.  No where is open on New Years Day here ... but the chats were back to back for a full shift.  Oh and they were SO miserable on January 1. Moaning and whinging about everything. If another supposedly grown man says... but i'm crying over this .. i will go and slap him.

Anyway, have a good day and hopefully things will improve for us all.

• Love 3
On 1/10/2023 at 9:57 AM, mollyhousemouse said:

how do you do this? how do you post things that i need as/when i need to see them?

💙💙💙

it aint me, honey... it's the universe ... it lands in my inbox and i put em here ... glad there's some good timing for some of them xoxox

• Love 5
  • Site Moderator
11 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

thank you .. we didn't do much xoxox

Sometimes not doing much is what you need. 

Didn’t get much snow nor rain which was nice. Hope it was like that for you as well. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Sometimes not doing much is what you need. 

Didn’t get much snow nor rain which was nice. Hope it was like that for you as well. 

We had giant snowflakes over that night and just snow mostly yesterday.  They said some sun for today... i hope so, all the grey is starting to wear on me a bit. i've upped my Vit D intake a bit.

• Love 3
  • Site Moderator
16 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

We had giant snowflakes over that night and just snow mostly yesterday.  They said some sun for today... i hope so, all the grey is starting to wear on me a bit. i've upped my Vit D intake a bit.

I can see blue skies and fluffy clouds out the window. The sun hasn’t come around this side of the house as yet, but I think it is shining today.

Having said that, by the look of the windows this morning, it’s much colder than it has been the last few days. I’m feeling the need for a second of cup of coffee-hot chocolate just thing about it…

Take care tim xoxo

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

I can see blue skies and fluffy clouds out the window. The sun hasn’t come around this side of the house as yet, but I think it is shining today.

Having said that, by the look of the windows this morning, it’s much colder than it has been the last few days. I’m feeling the need for a second of cup of coffee-hot chocolate just thing about it…

Take care tim xoxo

Sun is out!!  Yay!  It's nice to see it after so long.  But yeah, it's very cold. i think i need a nap. lol

• Haha 3
  • Site Moderator
38 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Sun is out!!  Yay!  It's nice to see it after so long.  But yeah, it's very cold. i think i need a nap. lol

I dunno why, but your need for a nap - I can hear your enthusiasm this far away :D - made me laugh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..