The Drop in Centre

12 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

This has been a rough week started Monday when i had my scheduled surgery. Went in for 1 procedure but the Doctor decide that he needed to do another one. i knew this going in. been taking it easy and following Doctors order. i hate insurance companies i need lots of medical supplies but they won’t cover them. Amazon Prime has been a lifesaver. The sad thing is as soon as i recover from this i have another surgery to go thru. 

So i hope things are going good for you.

Take care of yourself.

Wishing you an easy recovery. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

i'm sorry you're having to go thru all of this, rick.  please look after yourself. i hope you feel better soon.

tim, i hope things are going good for you after your hospitalization . You take care of yourself and thanks for the well wishes. 

• Love 3
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

i found this both powerful and very moving

Not what I was expecting, but yeah, powerful and moving it is. Makes one think. 

Thanks for posting this, tim. :) 

PS: The woman in red with the knee high boots really caught my attention for some reason. Maybe it’s because she has a spark and a confidence living in the skin she’s in. Something like that anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Moderator
44 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Is everyone ok?   The thread has been empty for almost 2 weeks.....

Hi Starry. I’m doing okay.

Thinking everyone else just needs some quiet time what with it being the middle of winter and all. Recent storm number two is currently raging outside after some really frigid weather. The snow froze so much, I can walk across it without sinking, which hasn’t happened in I don’t know when. 

Hope you and you and Little (and your less Little one, too) are managing the winter okay. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Starrynight22 said:

Been OK here in Florida. Just busy. Today would've been my mom's 92nd birthday. We had her commital service at the VA cemetery this afternoon. Her ashes were placed in the vault with my dad's. That's what she wanted at the end. So today was a little rough. My son flew in from Kansas on Saturday and I have to get up at 430 to bring him to the airport. Bittersweet. 

Hope everyone else is doing okay too. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
19 minutes ago, kbois said:

Hope everyone else is doing okay too. 

:hug: 

A sad time for you, I’m sure, but no doubt brightened by your son’s visit as I know you miss him a lot.

Take care, my friend. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Hi Starry. I’m doing okay.

Thinking everyone else just needs some quiet time what with it being the middle of winter and all. Recent storm number two is currently raging outside after some really frigid weather. The snow froze so much, I can walk across it without sinking, which hasn’t happened in I don’t know when. 

Hope you and you and Little (and your less Little one, too) are managing the winter okay. 

We're doing good thanks Ohio in my area which is Southern Ohio. We've had some weirdly warm weather for February like the other day it was 72° which is bizarre. But I'll take it because I hate winter but I I've seen that more up north. There's been some pretty severe storms going on

• Like 5
20 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

thank you for watching over the place ... i hope you're doing well xoxo

image.png.28a08f8da56795de1588df1e1595bc38.png

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

It's been an interesting week here in Oklahoma. We just broke the record for the most tornadoes in February -- and did it in a single night.

Everything ok here, but not around Oklahoma City

The weather and the changes in it are not good news anywhere ... glad you are okay.

• Like 3
On 3/1/2023 at 6:01 AM, Mikiesboy said:

The weather and the changes in it are not good news anywhere ... glad you are okay.

Total number has increased to 11, and that could still go up as they survey sites to see if damage was from straight-line winds or tornado.

They're making some drastic changes to patterns. We have the same average # of tornadoes per year, but instead of several days w. a few, we have fewer days w. several -- so instead of being spread out, they're starting to show up in large clusters.

• Like 1
  • Wow 3

Happy March   image.png.ef2178de655f5bad97226dafe77b7970.png

This is what we woke up to after a March blizzard last night.

It's pretty. 

But I'm glad I don't have to shovel it!

It's good to hear from you tim. xo

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Happy March   image.png.ef2178de655f5bad97226dafe77b7970.png

This is what we woke up to after a March blizzard last night.

I just came in from shovelling three inches of this wet heavy stuff. On the bright side, the clouds are clearing and the sun is shining gloriously in the sky. 

If you go out, bundle up, tim. As for me, it’s hot chocolate-coffee time, and staying inside where it’s warm. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

I just came in from shovelling three inches of this wet heavy stuff. On the bright side, the clouds are clearing and the sun is shining gloriously in the sky. 

If you go out, bundle up, tim. As for me, it’s hot chocolate-coffee time, and staying inside where it’s warm. 

alot of the snow is gone.. it's like 40F / 4C here.. and nice and sunny.. hope you didn't do too much!

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

alot of the snow is gone.. it's like 40F / 4C here.. and nice and sunny.. hope you didn't do too much!

Good to hear you didn’t much snow, but sun and mild temps instead.

No, not too much snow as it was mild enough for it to be rain for most of the evening/night. 

The warmer temps are nice, aren’t they? 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Good to hear you didn’t much snow, but sun and mild temps instead.

No, not too much snow as it was mild enough for it to be rain for most of the evening/night. 

The warmer temps are nice, aren’t they? 

it's gotta warm up a bit soon i hope.

• Like 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..