The Drop in Centre

57 minutes ago, kbois said:

He's trying to switch to the day shift so he can have a normal sleep schedule again. These overnights are tough. 

Sorry your hubby isn't well. I hope he feels better soon! 

:) This place don't change ... lol.... Here, there be Food!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Yes - I can attest that tim has a deep, commanding cake-shaped hole in his heart.

Hey stranger!

Been jonesing for a new chapter. Chop chop. Nevermind life.... we want zombies! 🧟‍♀️ 🧟‍♂️ 🧟‍♀️ 🧟‍♂️ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
7 minutes ago, kbois said:

Hey stranger!

Been jonesing for a new chapter. Chop chop. Nevermind life.... we want zombies! 🧟‍♀️ 🧟‍♂️ 🧟‍♀️ 🧟‍♂️ 

I know. I took a break because of The Last of Us. That show mirrored my plot so close, I had to stop and reconsider my story entirely. But I'm about half way through my next chapter now that I've redirected.

It's really wild though - I knew nothing about the plot of The Last of Us before I planned and started my story. And it was seriously close to my own story. Too close.

Edited by Wayne Gray
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

Hey All

All good here, with me and Hubby.

British Summer Time begins and I'm full of a cold.

I love cake, just like tim. That Carrot Cake sounds amazing.

Take Care All.

P.S - I hope the dentist goes OK  tim .

• Like 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All

All good here, with me and Hubby.

British Summer Time begins and I'm full of a cold.

I love cake, just like tim. That Carrot Cake sounds amazing.

Take Care All.

P.S - I hope the dentist goes OK  tim .

Aw, get well soon, chris ..   Cake is life, right?  LOL

• Like 3
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

When I make the soup again, I’ll put on a brave face and try it with lime juice.

Love carrot cake myself and did find a healthy recipe for it, but it doesn’t contain the fruit you mentioned. 

Maybe, when you have more than a moment you can post your recipe, because it does sound good. And yes, I am partial to the cream cheese frosting. :D 

I'm one of the people that don't like cilantro - normally, I swap out for parsley. I added that red pepper soup to my list. I've not made it yet, but this smokey vegetable bisque seems lovely.

Love carrot cake but haven't made it in ages.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

I'm one of the people that don't like cilantro - normally, I swap out for parsley. I added that red pepper soup to my list. I've not made it yet, but this smokey vegetable bisque seems lovely.

Love carrot cake but haven't made it in ages.

The bisque looks delicious. :) 

• Like 4
On 3/26/2023 at 10:29 PM, kbois said:

I'm not a huge cake fan. I'll have some on birthdays and other celebrations. We had it a lot when I was growing up. It was a cheap and easy dessert for a family of 8. I think I got burned out. 

Cookies though? I will ninja fight an entire troop of Girl Scouts for a box of Tagalongs. Homemade cookies-- I will battle til death, especially when they're still warm. Lol

*silently munching on cookies while typing this*

On 3/27/2023 at 4:39 PM, chris191070 said:

Only 4 days work this week.

Then a long weekend as we celebrate the birthday of Hubby's Mum on Saturday, She has reached the grand old age of 90.

Happy Birthday to her! Also, wow. That's almost a century!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Here it is... 

Grease and flour a 9x13 pan. (I prefer glass for this cake). Preheat oven to 350F.

Tim’s Carrot Cake

1 ½ cups A.P Flour

½ cup oat flour

2 tbsp ground flax

2 tsp Baking soda

1 tsp Baking Powder

2 tsp Cinnamon

½ cup canola oil

½ cup applesauce

3 eggs (room temperature)

¾ cup granulated sugar

6 tablespoons Splenda Brown sugar

1 tsp vanilla

2 cups shredded carrots

1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut

1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

1 can (19floz) drained crushed pineapple in juice (i've also used tidbits mashed a bit, drained)

Add all the dry ingredients (first 6 ingredients) to a large bowl. Mix to blend together.

In medium bowl, beat eggs together, add applesauce and oil. Add in both sugars, stir to blend. Add the canned pineapple.

In a third bowl (yes, I know) add the carrot, nuts and coconut. Just mix a bit to blend them.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir to blend. Add the carrots, nuts and coconut. Stir well to blend.

Then pour into prepared 9x13 pan. Spread out evenly and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.

Cool completely in pan before icing.

Cream cheese Icing.  (I like this one, but use any buttercream or cream cheese icing you like)

Beat ½ a brick of cream cheese with ¼ cup of butter. Add a tablespoon of cream.  Add 2 to 3 cups of icing sugar gradually.

Another I like is ½ pound of butter, 5 cups icing sugar, 1 tablespoon cream. Beat together .. I’m an icing kinda boy .. the thicker the better.

Edited by Mikiesboy
forgot something
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Thank you, tim! :D 

You're welcome! i hope you decide to try it.  You don't need to put a 1/2inch of frosting on it like i do :D

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..