The Drop in Centre

16 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

My comment was meant in a general sense that harmless words can make people cringe. I suppose, though, that if a word conjures up a painful memory for someone, it's understandable that it would make them cringe hearing it again.

hello Sir

hello DIC friends

hope everyone's doing well

certain words just have sounds, that are unpleasant or just sound right or wrong to the ear.  i think that @MacGreg Sir posted something about words like that earlier this year

• Like 3
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Def

no, we haven't.  maybe this weekend. Phil has a bad cold though, we'll see how He is on Saturday

Hope he feels better.  I’ll look forward to hearing your thoughts whenever you do get to go.  :) 

• Love 2
  • Sad 1
7 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i think i'll turn in also

good night all

@MacGreg was good to see you Sir

Have a good night, molls. Thanks for the pick-me-up earlier. Please tell Phil I hope he gets to feeling better soon.

• Love 3

Morning from windy, snowing and ccccold T.O:

noisome Audio pronunciation

adjective | NOY-sum  

Definition

:
:
offensive to the senses and especially to the sense of smell

:
highly obnoxious or objectionable

Noisome sounds like it might be a synonym of noisy, but it's not. Something noisome is disgusting, offensive, or harmful, often in its smell. Noisome does not come from noise, but from the Middle English word noysome, which has the same meaning as noisome. Noysome was formed by combining the noun noy, which means "annoyance," with the adjectival suffix -some ("characterized by a (specified) thing, quality, state, or action"). Noy comes from Anglo-French anui, which also means "annoyance." As you may have already guessed, the English words annoy and annoyance are also related to noisome.

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..