The Drop in Centre

2 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

Stopping in to say goodnight.. 

See you around tomorrow..... 

good night Boss.. hope you have a wonderful day!  xoxo

• Like 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I am so tired, I need a nap, so I have nough energy to get ready for bed. How weird is that? 

Good night everyone...

good night Reader xo

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

That is the sad part ... i will have to look for it but there was an article i glanced at last night about the human cost of Black Friday.  I find it immensely sad that we cannot celebrate anything without Walmart etc. being open.  Why is it open on Thanksgiving Day?  Greed ... rules the world. Shopping ... a form of entertainment.  i am glad Michael hates to 'shop'.

Now ... nerdy things and games, that's another kettle of fish.  We were at our nephew's and he'd just bought Red Dead Redemption II ... very pretty.  I loved Red Dead Redemption.

I never played it. All I know about it is Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation review. 'My horse is stuck in a wall!' :P  Wouldn't mind trying 2, though, it looks good.

EDIT: For those who don't know, Zero Punctuation is DEEPLY offensive.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
47 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I've been getting texts and e-mails all morning about Black Friday sales. We don't do Thanksgiving, but you guys have managed to export the crazy consumerist part. I'm just waiting for Cyber Monday so I can buy nerdy things and games...

That's Free Market Capitalism, for ya! Black Friday, when stores see purchases go through the roof, and their ledger is black ink today instead of red. Last year one report I saw, said some businesses see up to 75% of their total yearly sales today.

I follow some people who live in Isreal, and they are doing Black Friday events there as well. I'm guessing with the interexchange on the Global economy, and products being global now, that America's biggest shopping day is now a Worldwide event.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

That's Free Market Capitalism, for ya! Black Friday, when stores see purchases go through the roof, and their ledger is black ink today instead of red. Last year one report I saw, said some businesses see up to 75% of their total yearly sales today.

I follow some people who live in Isreal, and they are doing Black Friday events there as well. I'm guessing with the interexchange on the Global economy, and products being global now, that America's biggest shopping day is now a Worldwide event.

Exactly. The US exports everything, from politics to culture. What fun! :P 

EDIT: And I best not get started on free market capitalism away from The Pit...

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
49 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I never played it. All I know about it is Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation review. 'My horse is stuck in a wall!' :P  Wouldn't mind trying 2, though, it looks good.

EDIT: For those who don't know, Zero Punctuation is DEEPLY offensive.

Michael watches Yahtzee (on his laptop ..i assume He is watching something but maybe just listening) i like Yahtzee.. and i listen.. and yes.. people are stuck in the road.. horses in  walls... but it was still a beautiful game.  i am deeply in love with the horses... lol

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

Michael watches Yahtzee (on his laptop ..i assume He is watching something but maybe just listening) i like Yahtzee.. and i listen.. and yes.. people are stuck in the road.. horses in  walls... but it was still a beautiful game.  i am deeply in love with the horses... lol

I think the best riding system I've encountered is Witcher 3. Geralt's horse Roach really behaves and moves like a horse. It's a very pretty game, too.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good morning Sirs and friends

there is no Black Friday happening in our house, nope not ever

can't stand the thought of it, we spend the first part of November talking about how thankful we are, spend a wonderful day eating fabulous food cooked with love and seeing family

and then the very next day turn into consumer crazy, shopping mad creatures who push and shove their way into whatever store has the best deal on what we've been told is THE hottest item on everyone's must have list.

sorry, rant over, back to my coffee

that is perfect ... our big thing here is Boxing Day sales.  i went once ... to our small mall across the street.  i went to the card shop and bought really nice cards i normally couldn't afford. But that card shop is closed now ... Michael and Peter went once ... Michael being the kind uncle He is .. both of them said never again.

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..