The Drop in Centre

Good morning... bit late today.. blame molly...LOL

perforce Audio pronunciation

adverb | per-FORSS  

Definition

:
by force of circumstances

English speakers borrowed par force from Anglo-French in the 14th century. Par meant "by" (from Latin per) and the Anglo-French word force had the same meaning as its English equivalent, which was already in use by then. At first, perforce meant quite literally "by physical coercion." That meaning is no longer used today, but it was still prevalent in William Shakespeare's lifetime (1564-1616). "He rush'd into my house and took perforce my ring away," wrote the Bard in The Comedy of Errors. The "by force of circumstances" sense of perforce had also come into use by Shakespeare's day. In Henry IV, Part 2, we find "... your health; the which, if you give o'er to stormy passion, must perforce decay."

• Love 3
  • Wow 2

What's better than having pizza for dinner?

Having Free Pizza for dinner

What's better than Free Pizza?

Having leftover pizza for lunch...

Sally O'Neal's... Yes, the place I wrote into my story, and after I put it into My Son, I found out I knew someone that worked there. And my cousin's wife got a job there this year.

It was one of their specialty pizzas. A Taco Salad. I could have done without the chunks of avocado. But hell, free pizza is free pizza.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

What's better than having pizza for dinner?

Having Free Pizza for dinner

What's better than Free Pizza?

Having leftover pizza for lunch...

Sally O'Neal's... Yes, the place I wrote into my story, and after I put it into My Son, I found out I knew someone that worked there. And my cousin's wife got a job there this year.

It was one of their specialty pizzas. A Taco Salad. I could have done without the chunks of avocado. But hell, free pizza is free pizza.

Hmmm.   Avocado on pizza.   

I'd try it.  I love avocado. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hmmm.   Avocado on pizza.   

I'd try it.  I love avocado. 

14 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

I'll try it with you.  Avocado is delicious.

🤢🤮 YUCK!!!

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Site Moderator

I really don’t know why it’s a big deal to use the word creamy to describe skin colour. Am I missing something?  :unsure: 

Spoiler

cream·y

/ˈkrēmē/

adjective

resembling cream in consistency or color.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..