The Drop in Centre

2 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Yes. I understand that leaf-water is very important.

Reveal hidden contents

Also, I am a shit. Though a spoiler is likely not needed for that.

yes you are.

• Haha 5
9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Well! Wayne would never say such a thing about me! I am hurt to the core.  Bwahahaha

I think Wayne is probably one of the founding fathers of that club and the rest of us are charter members! :rofl:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

It's been a long long week, and a longer day. Drained, tired, and depressed.

sorry to hear that it's been a rough one
there's a lot of frivolity in here tonight, i hope we can help you feel better

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator
54 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

we all like really cold water, and the water from the tap is not cold in the summer, it's at best lukewarm
i use it for iced tea, to fill my water bottle, the kids use it for their sodas

I keep a jug of tap water in the fridge, because I like it cold as well. So did my cat, and he was actually the reason I started keeping water in the fridge - yes, the furball was spoiled. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

I think you have had enough leaf water, young man!

Leaf water?  Actually, i have had no leaf water.  2 bean waters, but no leaf yet.

• Love 1
  • Wow 3
  • Site Moderator
44 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Michael totally agrees. Someone told Him not to use boiling water. He said, I've had my tea the same way since I was a child. It's made with boiling water.That's how I'll continue to make it."

I’ve heard that as well. I think it’s let it boil, then wait a short moment until the boil subsides. Oh, and don’t pour directly on the tea bag, but put the tea bag into the water instead. I’m not sure how much of a difference it makes, but I bought bone china mugs (not cups for me, too fragile) because tea is supposed to taste better if it’s in bone china rather than ceramics or some other material.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

*offended at bean water used to describe a glorious elixir like coffee*
*realizes I am to blame for that sacrilege*
*narrows eyes and purses lips in impotent comeuppance*

😂

• Love 1
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I’ve heard that as well. I think it’s let it boil, then wait a short moment until the boil subsides. Oh, and don’t pour directly on the tea bag, but put the tea bag into the water instead. I’m not sure how much of a difference it makes, but I bought bone china mugs (not cups for me, too fragile) because tea is supposed to taste better if it’s in bone china rather than ceramics or some other material.

my grandmother poured the boiling water over loose leaves in a strainer over the tea pot, daughter has a little ball that she packs loose leaves into that sits in her cup to steep

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
Just now, mollyhousemouse said:

my grandmother poured the boiling water over loose leaves in a strainer over the tea pot, daughter has a little ball that she packs loose leaves into that sits in her cup to steep

I have the ball as well, but it’s messy, so I switched to fillable teabags - just need to watch the bag doesn’t close while I’m spooning in the tea, so the tea doesn’t go flying and well, you know make a mess.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
Just now, Reader1810 said:

I have the ball as well, but it’s messy, so I switched to fillable teabags - just need to watch the bag doesn’t close while I’m spooning in the tea, so the tea doesn’t go flying and well, you know make a mess.

buys tea already packed in a bag.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

buys tea already packed in a bag.

I do that for the most part, but there are some loose leaf one that I like. 

I use these filters because they’re handy, and biodegradable.

902842DT01-902842US01-BI-2.jpg?sw=450&sh

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Brayon said:

I'm not partial to Ice Coffee, unless its a Caramel Frap, Double Blended w/ Heavy Cream and four extra shots. That's my standard Starbucks order when someone asks if I want one, and they are buying. LOL.

But I found this recipe for Whipped Coffee. Warning, its sugar heavy, but you might find some alternative that works. Only made it once, I thought it was really sweet and powerful, and I was awake for a week. LOL.

Also have you noticed most food blogs be like:

Reveal hidden contents

food-blog-recipe-meme.jpg

mmm, no thanks ... i will stick with my sugar fee, low fat version.  i don't gain weight, but my arteries could.

• Like 4
Just now, Reader1810 said:

I do that for the most part, but there are some loose leaf one that I like. 

I use these filters because they’re handy, and biodegradable.

902842DT01-902842US01-BI-2.jpg?sw=450&sh

We got David's Peach tea for Christmas.  You reminded me. It is sooooooo good.  I'll make some and let it go cold. It's really nice.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, Brayon said:

I'm not partial to Ice Coffee, unless its a Caramel Frap, Double Blended w/ Heavy Cream and four extra shots. That's my standard Starbucks order when someone asks if I want one, and they are buying. LOL.

But I found this recipe for Whipped Coffee. Warning, its sugar heavy, but you might find some alternative that works. Only made it once, I thought it was really sweet and powerful, and I was awake for a week. LOL.

Also have you noticed most food blogs be like:

Reveal hidden contents

food-blog-recipe-meme.jpg

Sounds tasty, so if I’ll try that tomorrow.

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..