The Drop in Centre

2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Now i need to make extra ice cubes!!  :D 

I gave up trying to keep up with ice, especially during the hot months.  A large plastic bin and regular stops at the 7-11 for bags of ice works.

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I gave up trying to keep up with ice, especially during the hot months.  A large plastic bin and regular stops at the 7-11 for bags of ice works.

we buy it in 16 pound bags from a free standing water and ice vending kiosk
in the summer we'll go thru 2 bags a week

• Wow 3
12 minutes ago, Kitt said:

We rarely use it. But i will for these.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

we buy it in 16 pound bags from a free standing water and ice vending kiosk
in the summer we'll go thru 2 bags a week

why?

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

why?

we all like really cold water, and the water from the tap is not cold in the summer, it's at best lukewarm
i use it for iced tea, to fill my water bottle, the kids use it for their sodas

• Like 3
Just now, mollyhousemouse said:

we all like really cold water, and the water from the tap is not cold in the summer, it's at best lukewarm

i suppose cuz there is a bunch of you, you can't put water in the fridge. That's where we put it, cuz really there isn't much in there.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

You know, it's funny. Some men... like your guy and some like Guy Martin who is a total mad man, racing motorbikes, building engines etc. He's a real LAD... but he doesn't drink.. no interest in going for a pint. He wants a cup of tea.  I feel the same way.  I don't miss beer so much, but I'd die without my tea. 

Yes! Definitely. Tea is “The One True Drink.” Faced with a choice between giving up my Chateau De Berne wine or my Harmutty Assam tea I would give up the wine. It’s no contest. An Englishman without tea would be......unthinkable. Real tea. Made from leaves. In a pot. With BOILING water! 😁

• Like 4
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

i suppose cuz there is a bunch of you, you can't put water in the fridge. That's where we put it, cuz really there isn't much in there.

it does get pretty crowded in the fridge
but we tried that for a while but not everyone would refill the pitcher  :( 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
Just now, mollyhousemouse said:

Michael installed a filter that is hooked to the tap and sits on the edge of the counter.. so we can fill bottles and put them in the fridge.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Jack Renny said:

Yes! Definitely. Tea is “The One True Drink.” Faced with a choice between giving up my Chateau De Berne wine or my Harmutty Assam tea I would give up the wine. It’s no contest. An Englishman without tea would be......unthinkable. Real tea. Made from leaves. In a pot. With BOILING water! 😁

Michael totally agrees. Someone told Him not to use boiling water. He said, I've had my tea the same way since I was a child. It's made with boiling water.That's how I'll continue to make it."

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

I soooooo get having no cold water. There's no such thing in Florida...any time of the year. We might get cool-ish water for three days in January if there's a cold snap. Maybe.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

You must have boys! 🤣

• Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..