The Drop in Centre

4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

we loved it when she had "practical" homework. they graduated May 1, done with classes. they left for Spring Break in March & never went back to campus. Monday we'll go clean out her locker and we'll have a "drive through" ceremony next Friday

We're still waiting to hear what kind of ceremony my son will have for graduation. They have it scheduled for July, but we have no clue what they're going to do. I can't go pick up his cap and gown until the middle of the week because protesters have been demonstrating near his school. With this rain I may have to build an ark to get there. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i don't belong to it but there are tons of recipes on various facebook InstantPot  groups.

Here this one is weird    Don't say i didn't warn you!!

I do not like the IP for everything. It is a great tool and for brown rice, pasta, making stock, beans from dry, spaghetti sauce, chili, stews etc., it is amazing.  I've made some great stuff in it and i would replace mine if it was necessary but it is just a tool.

those were disturbing tim

love my pot, but somethings just don't transfer from slow cooker or oven as well. using it twice this week once for risotto & once for cajun chicken

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Site Moderator
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

Most meat in the IP is great.  Ground beef in chili, spag sauce is great.  I made meat loaf one day ... never again.  I did not like the slimy texture.. that needs to go in the oven.  I love cooking pasta and rice in there because i dont need to watch it, it doesnt stick or boil over. The house stays cool.  Things taste better.. i've done lots of veg in it. Broccoli and cauliflower on zero minutes .. root veg takes minutes. Squash is amazing.  Food cooked in the IP (pressure cooker) retains more of its goodness than boiled.  It does have a lot of good points.

All points I wanted to know. thanks, tim. It definitely seems like a smart investment for the kitchen.

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

That picture at the end represents exactly what I was thinking.  :pinch: 

That last one reminds me of "beer butt chicken."

1. Take a beer can, we've used a tall boy, pop it open, drink a little.

2. Cut the top open, and shove in some herbs and spices into beer.

3. Put the can in the rig-stand, in the center of the 9x13 pan.

4. Lower the chicken over the can, cook in 350f oven until done on a meat thermometer.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

All points I wanted to know. thanks, tim. It definitely seems like a smart investment for the kitchen.

It is. It does have to come to pressure which can take time depending on the amount of liquid you have.  We have the 6 quart which is good for Michael and me.  When it is working, it is not 'on' all the time so it uses less electricity.  Actually, Wayne says it is recommended for people who live off the grid because of that.

Learning to cook with it is different but not hard to master once you do a few things.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Ashi said:

Nope. Just say no.  I am sorry I took the bait and clicked it. 

And meat loaf.... I think that one needs oven....  It's a very greasy dish....  IP it?  Eww....

It was not my fav thing tim ever cooked. However, his regular meat loaf, is wonderful. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
1 minute ago, MichaelS36 said:

It was not my fav thing tim ever cooked. However, his regular meat loaf, is wonderful. 

Meatloaf is definitely a tasty dish

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..