The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

We got David's Peach tea for Christmas.  You reminded me. It is sooooooo good.  I'll make some and let it go cold. It's really nice.

Oh, that does sound nice. I don’t have a David’s near me now, so it’s good they have a website. I’m going to look for that one. 

Edit: The website lists an iced variety. Mmmm

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, Brayon said:

I'm not partial to Ice Coffee, unless its a Caramel Frap, Double Blended w/ Heavy Cream and four extra shots. That's my standard Starbucks order when someone asks if I want one, and they are buying. LOL.

But I found this recipe for Whipped Coffee. Warning, its sugar heavy, but you might find some alternative that works. Only made it once, I thought it was really sweet and powerful, and I was awake for a week. LOL.

Also have you noticed most food blogs be like:

Reveal hidden contents

food-blog-recipe-meme.jpg

the food blog thing is funny ... i know there is a recipe on here somewhere!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

buys tea already packed in a bag.

Gives tea to 89 year old mom and then heads to Dunkin Donuts for a large coffee with cream and one shot of caramel. 

• Haha 4
23 minutes ago, Brayon said:

Speaking of tea... I was bought a box of this:

s-l640.jpg

Haven't trued it yet, but planning on making a mug tonight.

Now that I  could probably get on board with! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Brayon said:

A fellow Caramel addict? I go gaga for pretty much anything caramel.

Under the right circumstances I would sell both my kids for a bag of caramels!🤣🤣

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC

just wanted to stop in and tell everyone  

Good Evening 

of all the things to drink Coffee / Tea are ones i can do with out. Hot/Cold i have tried them all they taste terrible. 

i remember growing up my Grandma would Doctor her grounds. She had one of those coffee makers with a pot at the top on a stick and you had a Urn of water. To this day i still remember her recipe- Maxwell House Coffee , 1 tsp of salt and 1 pat of real butter (we are talking 1960 they didn’t know any better) everyone said she “made the best coffee in town” thanks for the coffee talk it brought back some good memories.

So how are things with you

• Like 5
3 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good night Sirs, it was good to see You both today
good night friends,
it's been fun talking coffee and tea tonight
but i'm a bit of a grump, so i'm going to go have some quiet time
maybe do some more needlework, and go to bed early
rest well
hope to see everyone again tomorrow

Good night, molly. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator

Good morning DiCers! I hope you all have a wonderful day... :) 

Almost made my regular hot morning drink, then I remembered there’s a quick and easy alternative thanks to @Mikiesboy 

So yay, I’m having iced coffee instead! :D 

Edit: Of note, the cold version is sweeter than the hot version, so cut the required sweetener  - yes, it is still needed for now, anyway - by half.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Afternoon all. Wet, cold and miserable here in the 🇬🇧. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Warm and sunny here with clear blue skies. I’ll try and send some your way 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Afternoon all. Wet, cold and miserable here in the 🇬🇧. Hope everyone is having a great day.

I hear you on the wet and miserable. Only here it's warm and humid. We are on day 6 or 7 of rain. My backyard is now a pond and one dog refuses to go out there. *Sigh* Rainy season ☂️

• Wow 5
1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

Love tea and coffee -- but can't have caffeine since starting my blood-pressure Rx; it makes my pulse race way more than it should.  :(

There are some nice decaf coffees out there. i've tried decaf tea but would rather die than drink them, just awful.  The peach tea from David's is very nice but it has no 'tea' in it, so no caffeine.  i'm not usually one for herbal things much but that stuff is very good.

• Like 4

Breezy and 20c/68f here atm. Humidity is low... so yeah.   I have a bowl of flour, water and yeast rising on the counter for no-knead focaccia from my fav food blogger.  I made the 50% whole wheat version ... we will have that with dinner tonight and some will go in the freezer.

• Love 4

hello all
adding to the weather reports, it's going to be higher than normal temps here for the next 4 days or so due to the tropical depression, Cristobal, and some atmospheric condition "keeping a lid on the atmosphere", heat warnings possible tomorrow thru Tuesday

@Mikiesboy i love focaccia bread! when Daughter's class was in the bread section it was one of the things she made us at home
i'm trying to do the menu and order groceries (keeping the heat in mind) we'll hit up the farmer's market today

• Like 5
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

My mail order summer shorts arrived. Just before it peed down! 😎

• Love 1
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, Jack Renny said:

My mail order summer shorts arrived. Just before it peed down! 😎

If it helps, my Husband wears shorts all year round at home.

• Like 5
17 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello all
adding to the weather reports, it's going to be higher than normal temps here for the next 4 days or so due to the tropical depression, Cristobal, and some atmospheric condition "keeping a lid on the atmosphere", heat warnings possible tomorrow thru Tuesday

@Mikiesboy i love focaccia bread! when Daughter's class was in the bread section it was one of the things she made us at home
i'm trying to do the menu and order groceries (keeping the heat in mind) we'll hit up the farmer's market today

It was very warm the other night so i just made a salad plate ... we had things to use up so i made hard boiled eggs, we had ham and turkey breast as well, added tomato, sliced peppers, dressed romaine lettuce, baby cucumbers and i keep nice little whole wheat rolls in the freezer so we had one of those (thawed). it hit the spot.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..