The Drop in Centre

I have opened a new topic about poetry for those interested. Not sure just how much will happen in there but i had a few things to say about poetry and writing it. The topic is here.

• Like 5

good afternoon Sirs and friends
i've just spent the last several hours doing a "factory reset" on my computer on the advice of the technician at our favorite computer place
i am so glad i did! my gosh, all of a sudden it's working so much better
hope everyone has had a nice day!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just wanted to stop in and say Good Morning.

just wanted to tell everyone hi and i hope you have a Great Sunday.  This is to-do list day. so take care and talk later.

So how is your day? 

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just wanted to stop in and say Good Morning.

just wanted to tell everyone hi and i hope you have a Great Sunday.  This is to-do list day. so take care and talk later.

So how is your day? 

good luck on that to-do list rick i'll get to work on mine shortly, but first it's one on one time with Number One Son Starbucks coffee & grocery pick up

• Like 4

Meeting w. the Dr. yesterday didn't go as we hoped, but did go as we expected. There is extensive damage to the outside edge of the entire right hemisphere of mom's brain, as well as a large spot in the back of the skull and a couple of small spots in the center.  They're going to do an in-room ultrasound of the arteries in her neck sometime today, then will probably move her to "comfort care" -- disconnect all the tubes and other things she never wanted to be hooked up to to begin with, and ease her passing.

• Love 5
Just now, Fae Briona said:

Meeting w. the Dr. yesterday didn't go as we hoped, but did go as we expected. There is extensive damage to the outside edge of the entire right hemisphere of mom's brain, as well as a large spot in the back of the skull and a couple of small spots in the center.  They're going to do an in-room ultrasound of the arteries in her neck sometime today, then will probably move her to "comfort care" -- disconnect all the tubes and other things she never wanted to be hooked up to to begin with, and ease her passing.

Fae so sorry to hear this. sending positive thoughts during this time. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
13 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

:hug: 

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

So sorry. i hope it is peaceful for her. xo

• Love 5
  • Site Moderator

Good morning everyone, I come to you today with this service alert.

American peaches - also sold in Canada - are under a recall order due to Salmonella contamination.

Wouldn’t you know it, I bought peaches for the first time this past week...

That is all, so please carry on with your day. I hope it’s a good one for you. :) 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Wow 4
9 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

those are difficult conversations, but i'm glad that she had made her wishes known & you & your brother were on the same page

sending good thoughts to you both & to the staff at the hospital that you all find some measure of peace

• Like 4

hello Sirs
hello friends
i think i overdid it just a smidge today, feeling very achy in my bones
but, i got a lot done including a double batch of those muffins, and onions and cilantro chopped for 2 dinners this week
so i'm here to say goodnight, rest well
hope to see everyone tomorrow

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
19 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sirs
hello friends
i think i overdid it just a smidge today, feeling very achy in my bones
but, i got a lot done including a double batch of those muffins, and onions and cilantro chopped for 2 dinners this week
so i'm here to say goodnight, rest well
hope to see everyone tomorrow

Good night molly...happy dreams 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

Mom was taken off life support yesterday morning. Breathing has slowed, blood pressure / pulse has slowed, but she's still clinging on this morning. Could move on in the 5 min or the next 36hrs

Fae 

this is the hardest part so stay strong and know we are thinking of you during this time.

• Like 3

Wow, the past couple of days have been tough. Every so often I get slammed with excruciating headaches that come and go in waves over the course of several days. This current bout started Saturday and shows no sign of slowing down. Day 3 and it still feels like someone is randomly jabbing a white hot ice pick thru my skull and into the back of my eye. Yesterday was worse, 6 ibuprofen took the edge if for maybe 2 hours. Not much I can do but ride it out. Usually it last 4 or 5 days, but a week isn't unheard of. 

@Fae Briona I'm so sorry about your mom. I'll be thinking of you and wishing your mom peace. 

I hope everyone else has a good day/week. 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
16 minutes ago, kbois said:

Wow, the past couple of days have been tough. Every so often I get slammed with excruciating headaches that come and go in waves over the course of several days. This current bout started Saturday and shows no sign of slowing down. Day 3 and it still feels like someone is randomly jabbing a white hot ice pick thru my skull and into the back of my eye. Yesterday was worse, 6 ibuprofen took the edge if for maybe 2 hours. Not much I can do but ride it out. Usually it last 4 or 5 days, but a week isn't unheard of. 

@Fae Briona I'm so sorry about your mom. I'll be thinking of you and wishing your mom peace. 

I hope everyone else has a good day/week. 

Hope you feel better soon. gentle hugz

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..