The Drop in Centre

Wow...I just got an email...my order is out for delivery, estimated time of arrival is 1036...PM.

WTF? 🙊🤐🙄

Glad I'm not asleep already. Guess I'm staying up to put groceries away. 

SMH 

I think I'm changing my name to Karen tomorrow.

• Wow 5
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hi rick ...
been dealing with some drama at work. fingers crossed that by the time we have our employee appreciation celebration on Friday afternoon it will be done and dusted
it's not ideal, it hasn't been and won't be pretty. but it will be over
for myself, i've been going to the office 2 days a week and i have found i missed it

@kbois, so who won the bet?

molly good luck with work we still have no idea when we are going back to work in the office. So enjoying the time at home. 

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I changed my name to Karen and ripped everyone a new orifice from owner on down.  They all seem to think it unreasonable for my horse to be fed per vets instruction. This way is easier. Until I picked up my riding crop this morning.

Let's see if I made an impression this time.

I am so tired of this goat rodeo. And hubby doesn't understand why I want to move to another barn.

Wow...you just go ahead and channel that inner Karen as much as you need. Totally warranted. 

I hope things get better for you Kitt. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Kitt said:

What she said.

@Mikiesboy

I wholeheartedly agree with both of them, but I'm going to add to what @kbois said. I think that it takes an amazing person to lay their soul bare for the whole world to view. You've done that here with your writings. You've given the world access to some very private details of your life, and that took a tremendous amount of courage. I certainly am not that brave. Don't equate greatness with fame tim. You didn't play it safe when you put pen to paper, so that makes you pretty damn great in my book. 

Edited by spyke
typo, flow
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

I changed my name to Karen and ripped everyone a new orifice from owner on down.  They all seem to think it unreasonable for my horse to be fed per vets instruction.

Good for you. This isn't rocket science and they deserved all of your fury. Their behavior is shameful. 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

precisely why i will never be great... but there's reasons i need my safety, without it i wouldnt be here now. i'd be dead or just lost. this is better, most of the time.

Nothing wrong with playing it safe, tim. You’re here, and that’s great in my book. Besides, being considered “great” is subjective a lot of the times. 

• Like 3

Well...finally got my groceries...24 hours later 🤨 The delivery person never knocked or sent a text letting me know the stuff was there. 🤐 Good thing I heard the screen door shut on the entryway. 

At least the storm has been downgraded. Unfortunately we're on the west side which means we're going to get hammered with wind and rain thru tomorrow. The roads are already flooded and we have a new pond in our backyard that we share with our neighbors. The people next to them have lost a good chunk of their fence. I think I'll stay home tomorrow. 

Have a good evening!

• Like 3

Hello all.  I've read about 9 pages but too much to comment on.  

Sorry for the passing of pets, lost groceries, rude customer service reps, ignorant barn workers and dumb storms that hang out forever. 

I'm glad I "met" you all.  Happy you're here, happy I'm here.  

If any are US veterans, thanks for your service.  

I got a deep freezer and I'm so excited.  This is how I know I'm that dreaded o word (.....old....) 

When Kitchen appliances are making me happy

• Haha 4
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Starrynight22 said:

I got a deep freezer and I'm so excited.  This is how I know I'm that dreaded o word (.....old....) 

When Kitchen appliances are making me happy

Hey, I get it, we just got a new dishwasher, and I feel the same way about it. 👵🏻

• Like 3

I have a dishwasher that was purchased for my gram in 1963. Yes, it is a year older than my brother, and still going strong. Our rental  property  is on the third since we took over property management in 2014. They don't make things to last anymore.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I have a dishwasher that was purchased for my gram in 1963. Yes, it is a year older than my brother, and still going strong. Our rental  property  is on the third since we took over property management in 2014. They don't make things to last anymore.

My parents had a Westinghouse fridge for forty years. It was still going strong when they got rid of it (it was too small). The new and “shinier” replacement fridge lasted only ten years. Go figure. 

• Like 3

Household appliances as a topic...I love it! My favorite was a handheld mixer we got as a wedding gift. It powered through mixing dozens of birthday cakes, unknown quantities of brownies, puddings, holiday meals, you name it. It finally gave its life up making a trifle for a work potluck. I had it nearly 25 years. 

• Like 3

Most of the small appliances I received for my bridal shower are still functional 38 years later, but I am pretty sure grams dishwasher, and her chest freezer that is now at my aunts house and was old when I learned to say "freezer" hold some sort of record.

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

our landlady is going to replace our dishwasher, but has already said she won't replace the microwave if/when it dies.

we have a new fridge budgeted next year. if Phil can ever decide which one He likes better 🤷

take care all

I'd rather have a microwave than a dishwasher.  We went 9 years with no dishwasher in our apartment when the kids were little. I guess if you have to replace one or the other on your dime a microwave is a lot less expensive! 

Now, our last place only had one bathroom. Never. Again! That is a deal breaker for me. At least one and half bath is a must. 

I'm glad I don't have to pick a fridge. Side by side. Freezer on top. Freezer on bottom. Ice maker/water dispenser. And now they have smart ones. Not sure if I trust an appliance that is smarter than me...lol! Too many choices. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
41 minutes ago, kbois said:

Not sure if I trust an appliance that is smarter than me...lol! 

Ranks up there with abs brakes.  I understand they can be a godsend in snow and ice, but if I am standing on that brake pedal, there is a reason !

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Kitt said:

Ranks up there with abs brakes.  I understand they can be a godsend in snow and ice, but if I am standing on that brake pedal, there is a reason !

Happy Friday everyone! I hope that the rain has stopped and that you're beginning to dry out if you had to deal with Eta or whatever the hell that was. 

@Kitt inadvertently made me giggle with the ABS blurb.  Many years ago, my mother lost control of her car during a rainstorm and wound up going sideways into a ditch and taking out a highway sign in the process. She was fine but the whole right rear quarter panel of the car was tore up pretty bad. Anyway, we were discussing the accident a few days later, and she looks me right in the face and says "those anti-lock brakes aren't worth a damn!"  I started snickering and i managed to say "they don't work when you're going sideways."  She couldn't leave it alone and she said "I'd have been alright if that sign hadn't been in the way."  Well that did me in and I started laughing in earnest.  Obviously, she wasn't amused. Years later she did finally find the humor in what she had said.  She's been gone for many years and I still miss her.  Thanks for sparking a wonderful memory for me @Kitt  I hope that everyone has a great day.

Edited by spyke
typo
  • Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..