Jump to content

The Drop in Centre


Mikiesboy

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to say good afternoon.

things are ok here still wet

but at least the rain stopped.

i will be lurking all weekend - off to the dentist.

So how are things with you?

Three words rick... Mandalorian Season Two!🤗

@Fae Briona dogs somehow exponentially create messes in direct relation to how cute they are. The bigger the mess, the sadder the puppy eyes. Works to their advantage. Every. Time. Take care of yourself. 

Have a good weekend everyone!

  • Like 5
Link to post
  • Replies 23.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mikiesboy

    4096

  • mollyhousemouse

    3232

  • Reader1810

    2804

  • Brayon

    2256

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It will be four years tomorrow, that I lost 2 friends in a terrorist attack on the gay nightclub Pulse. Last year, @Mikiesboy and @AC Benus put together a tribute to them, from several writers from GA

Congratulations tim, on five years on GA.   

I hope everyone is doing well.  Other than foolish barn owners and not getting your new mattresses.  Our household is growing, first with a new hippo and now a multicoloured cat and and yellow ki

Posted Images

3 hours ago, kbois said:

Three words rick... Mandalorian Season Two!🤗

@Fae Briona dogs somehow exponentially create messes in direct relation to how cute they are. The bigger the mess, the sadder the puppy eyes. Works to their advantage. Every. Time. Take care of yourself. 

Have a good weekend everyone!

I've just watched the first episode of Mandalorian Season Two, it's absolutely brilliant. Looking forward to the next 7 Fridays 😀

  • Love 3
Link to post
4 hours ago, kbois said:

Three words rick... Mandalorian Season Two!🤗

@Fae Briona dogs somehow exponentially create messes in direct relation to how cute they are. The bigger the mess, the sadder the puppy eyes. Works to their advantage. Every. Time. Take care of yourself. 

Have a good weekend everyone!

 can’t wait to watch this season.

well it went very good this Dentist was excellent at his job. so far the pain is tolerable did take meds to stay ahead of pain. So take care of your self.

  • Love 4
Link to post
24 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

well it went very good this Dentist was excellent at his job. so far the pain is tolerable did take meds to stay ahead of pain

So glad to hear that you're doing better and hopefully on the road to recovery rick.  I hope you have a good evening.  

  • Like 4
Link to post

Dogs are tricksy ... but their good points outweigh the bad.  Our didn't eat dry food so didn't too much mess. But he was very good at spitting out peas.

i hope you all have a nice weekend. Bright and sunny but cold here today.

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to post
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Dogs are tricksy ... but their good points outweigh the bad.  Our didn't eat dry food so didn't too much mess. But he was very good at spitting out peas.

i hope you all have a nice weekend. Bright and sunny but cold here today.

Dogs are definitely worth it. The only thing I will never understand is how they can shed more fur than what's on their body. It should not be possible to sweep up enough fur to create another dog and not have a bald dog! 😂

  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post

PSA.. Don't forget to turn your clocks back!

(Or in my case...the clock in my hallway will finally be correct, I never sprang it forward☺)

  • Like 2
Link to post
39 minutes ago, kbois said:

PSA.. Don't forget to turn your clocks back!

(Or in my case...the clock in my hallway will finally be correct, I never sprang it forward☺)

 I forgot, so thanks for the PSA. ;)

I need that extra hour of sleep after doing the leaves for five hours this afternoon.
 

 

  • Love 4
Link to post
6 hours ago, kbois said:

Dogs are definitely worth it. The only thing I will never understand is how they can shed more fur than what's on their body. It should not be possible to sweep up enough fur to create another dog and not have a bald dog! 😂

I've found the same phenomina with horses.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Hello? Hello?

I feel like I've stepped into the Twilight Zone.

You're late to the party. We've been in the Twilight Zone this entire year, 🤣  We've had a cold front move in and it's a bit chilly, but a beautiful sunny day.   I turned my heat on yesterday afternoon--I'll be damned if I'm going to be cold.   That's great news about your son getting a job!  I hope that everyone has a good day too!

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
3 hours ago, kbois said:

Hello? Hello?

I feel like I've stepped into the Twilight Zone. Over 24hrs and nobody here?. I  hope no one got abducted by aliens over the Halloween weekend!

More good news...my son finally got a job and starts today!! 

Well I  hope everyone is OK and has a good day. 

good news about your son

1 hour ago, spyke said:

You're late to the party. We've been in the Twilight Zone this entire year, 🤣  We've had a cold front move in and it's a bit chilly, but a beautiful sunny day. 

myself it was a lurker weekend. spent the time resting up and not doing anything. that was the plan but family had other things for me. i’m the “go to guy” in family when they have PC issues and it was i need my laptop looked at its having challenges. it’s fixed now. 
so how is everyone one else?

  • Like 4
Link to post
3 hours ago, kbois said:

Hello? Hello?

I feel like I've stepped into the Twilight Zone. Over 24hrs and nobody here?. I  hope no one got abducted by aliens over the Halloween weekend!

All was quiet here. I walked out my door this morning and it was absolutely gorgeous. Sun was out, nice breeze, and best of all 68F and no humidity, not a cloud in the sky. Going up to about 75 today. This is why I  moved to Florida. 

More good news...my son finally got a job and starts today!! 

Well I  hope everyone is OK and has a good day. 

quiet weekend here, more bulk cooking. big pot of chile verde, pinto beans & big jumbo Costco packs of chicken divided.

today i've been to the dentist, for a cleaning & one filling repair. now i'm in line at the bank's drive thru, then off to the doc for my annual well check.

sun is out & it's warm.

take care 

  • Like 3
Link to post

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to say good morning

this is the first day i have felt good in a month. finally hoping things have turned a corner. 

So how are things with you?

if you haven’t Voted please Vote.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Just now, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to say good morning

this is the first day i have felt good in a month. finally hoping things have turned a corner. 

So how are things with you?

if you haven’t Voted please Vote.

That's great rick! I'm so glad you're feeling better. I did early voting before we went away. I'm just hoping that no matter who wins people will act like adults. 

It's another beautiful day here. I'm happy that Florida is finally participating in Fall!

Have a good day!

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to post

as if the robo calls for credit cards, extended warranties for my car & all of the political ones weren't bad enough  NOW i'm getting them about open enrollment for health insurance  OMG! make it stop

and breathing.............

  • Like 4
Link to post
2 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

as if the robo calls for credit cards, extended warranties for my car & all of the political ones weren't bad enough  NOW i'm getting them about open enrollment for health insurance  OMG! make it stop

and breathing.............

I have some random dude named Spam Likely who calls me multiple times a day. Never has much to say though. 🤔

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post

On more than one occasion, I’ve gotten spam voicemails. Unfortunately, I don’t speak Chinese, so I can’t buy what they’re selling. Oh wells... 🤷‍♀️

  • Haha 4
Link to post

Don't know about anyone else,  but the time change has really messed me up this year. I'm usually fine, but this year I'm all out of whack. It's only 830 and I  soooo wanna head for bed,  but I know if I do, I'll be wide awake at 3am. I would not be upset if they did away with the whole thing. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
12 minutes ago, kbois said:

Don't know about anyone else,  but the time change has really messed me up this year. I'm usually fine, but this year I'm all out of whack. It's only 830 and I  soooo wanna head for bed,  but I know if I do, I'll be wide awake at 3am. I would not be upset if they did away with the whole thing. 

 

Same here - I was just napping a little, myself.

  • Like 3
Link to post
11 minutes ago, kbois said:

Don't know about anyone else,  but the time change has really messed me up this year. I'm usually fine, but this year I'm all out of whack. It's only 830 and I  soooo wanna head for bed,  but I know if I do, I'll be wide awake at 3am. I would not be upset if they did away with the whole thing. 

 

it's always messed with me
the fact that it gets dark so damn early, it affects my mood and my internal clock is off. i was at my desk working and it was getting dark and i thought i had worked way past 5. it's also harder to use the grill for cooking, it's just so dark. 
i'm with you about doing away with this whole thing! pick one, standard or daylight and stay there.

  • Like 3
Link to post
47 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

it's always messed with me
the fact that it gets dark so damn early, it affects my mood and my internal clock is off. i was at my desk working and it was getting dark and i thought i had worked way past 5. it's also harder to use the grill for cooking, it's just so dark. 
i'm with you about doing away with this whole thing! pick one, standard or daylight and stay there.

I'm not a fan of early darkness either. Although I consider myself lucky that I live far enough south that the earliest that darkness hits is about 545pm in Dec. I'm glad I don't have to live with a 4pm sunset anymore. I remember clearly those days of getting up and going to work in the dark, then coming home in the dark. No thank you. 

  • Like 2
Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..