The Drop in Centre

2 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

tim and I are in Ontario, Canada.  but it's getting bad here again too 

Oh no. Please do take care. I have a friend in Ontario and he was tested positive. That was a few months ago, though. He's okay now. But based on what I heard, the hospital bills would really kill people. 

2 minutes ago, Sherye said:

When my sister needed me to start going with her and she would look for one and she would get frustrated and I would get out of her vehicle and walk up to her and ask her if she found it yet and she would look at me and frown. I would say, "Is that it?" She started calling me 'Eagle Eye' after that! lol

Perhaps you have already developed a 'sixth sense' just for finding those. 🤣

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Solus Magus said:

Oh no. Please do take care. I have a friend in Ontario and he was tested positive. That was a few months ago, though. He's okay now. But based on what I heard, the hospital bills would really kill people. 

Perhaps you have already developed a 'sixth sense' just for finding those. 🤣

Hospital bills?  We have social medicine in Ontario. We for medical through our taxes. So unless your friend doesn't have OHIP he shouldn't have bills for medical care, unless he chose a private room or something. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Hospital bills?  We have social medicine in Ontario. We for medical through our taxes. So unless your friend doesn't have OHIP he shouldn't have bills for medical care, unless he chose a private room or something. 

Oh, my bad. Sorry. I didn't clarify that the expensive hospital bills were here in the Philippines. You could literally buy a small house with the bills of one person alone. But regarding my friend in Ontario, yeah there were no expenses since the healthcare there is great (My parents are really pushing me to find a way to migrate there). He said he was just quarantined in his room until he got better.

Edited by Solus Magus
  • Like 2

Oh, my bad. Sorry. I didn't clarify that the expensive hospital bills were here in the Philippines. You could literally buy a small house with the bills of one person alone. But regarding my friend in Ontario, yeah there were no expenses since the healthcare there is great. He said he was just quarantined in his room until he got better.

Well, if I have to go to the hospital, then my Medicare will take care of it except for my small bit I pay on co-pay.

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
1 minute ago, Sherye said:

Yummy! My Glacier Cherry Gatorade is sooooooo gooodddd! 

Great. Now I'm craving for something sweet to drink. But we haven't re-stocked our fridge since we've been cleaning up the house due to flood. Maybe later when I'm less lazy. I'll go buy something outside. 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Sherye said:

Good grief! I thought I was going to need one of you strong gentlemen to help me open up my gatorade! But I finally opened it with one of those soft bottle openers!

Good to know men are still useful for somethings.  

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Ok who stuck their finger in my eye? Oh wait, that was me! Oh well, I had something in my eye! My late husband use to tell me that when I had something in my eye that for me to take my finger out of it and then I would not have anything in my eye lol

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Sherye said:

Thanks! I hope I don't either! I stay home most of the time and wear a mask and gloves if I go out!

Same. This is the third time someone went covid positive within the same street. It becomes a struggle because I usually run around the neighborhood during the early evening. But as long as I don't go around shaking people's hands then I should be fine. Although it's a challenge to breath with my mask on. 

Edited by Solus Magus
  • Like 2

Same. This is the third time someone went covid positive within the same street. It becomes a struggle because I usually run around the neighborhood during the early evening. But as long as I don't go around shaking people's hands then I should be fine. Although it's a challenge to breath with my mask on. 

I had the same problem when I first starting wearing a mask. I could not breathe with it on. After awhile I got use to it and it got better with my breathing while wearing it. The first couple of times I almost had a panic attack and I don't like having those. They are not fun at all!

• Sad 2
1 minute ago, Sherye said:

I had the same problem when I first starting wearing a mask. I could not breathe with it on. After awhile I got use to it and it got better with my breathing while wearing it. The first couple of times I almost had a panic attack and I don't like having those. They are not fun at all!

Likewise, my ears are growing six-pack abs from all the things they carry: my glasses, facemask, face shield (government requires it), earrings and my earphones.

And I have tiny ears!

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Solus Magus said:

Thanks! Thankfully, not much damages. Do I count as a mini-bear when I'm 5'5 short and was able to carry a big ass fridge on my own? Adrenaline is something else! 🤣

Oh wow! I want a tattoo as well but I'm not sure how loud I'll be screaming once the needle gets drilling into me.

You could do it easily.

The one on my chest stung. There's bone involved there, and that is not comfy. I had to do a little "put the pain in a box" exercise with that one.

But the thigh? Nah. It's all muscle. There are no nerves running through the middle of muscles, so all you feel is what the skin has. I didn't need a single break for Rainbear (though my tattooist did!).

Pick out something small, personal, meaningful. And get it somewhere meaty. You'll do fine.

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
3 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

You could do it easily.

The one on my chest stung. There's bone involved there, and that is not comfy. I had to do a little "put the pain in a box" exercise with that one.

But the thigh? Nah. It's all muscle. There are no nerves running through the middle of muscles, so all you feel is what the skin has. I didn't need a single break for Rainbear (though my tattooist did!).

Pick out something small, personal, meaningful. And get it somewhere meaty. You'll do fine.

I might put one on either the inner forearm, or the outer side. I think it's not gonna be painful since a lot of friends chose that spot for starters. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

That is a nice tat @Wayne Gray

Looks like that pic was taken while tat was fresh. Has it healed over yet, and how does it look with the hair grown in?

It still is very vibrant. Plus ... my tattooist is a fan of touch ups. I get one free one (I'll still tip him, because he's awesome).

It's about a year old now, and yeah, the fur has grown in. But it's a bear. So ... it looks natural. lol

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Both are good choices for your first one.

My tattoo guy has told me he's "reserving" my ribcage. Apparently he has something in mind for me? I trust him, and he knows my taste. So when the time comes, I'll lay on the table and let him do what he wants.

Okay ... I didn't mean that like it sounded.

This time.

Uhm. Can I watch? 🤣

• Haha 5
32 minutes ago, spyke said:

Things are bad in the U.S. too, but it's been made so political that many aren't taking the virus seriously--some in my own extended family included.  I fear that is going to change drastically in the near future. I've been cautious and done my best to stay away from people and situations that could put me at risk. I live alone, so that's not been too difficult to do.  I knew at the beginning of this pandemic that this would be an 18-24 month deal. It's pretty amazing that we're so close to a vaccine in such a short period of time. People just need to be patient and protect themselves and others. 

Me and the husband have been extremely careful. I'm HIV+ and the husband has asthma and diabetes, so both of us are considered high risk so we limit going out as much as possible.

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..