The Drop in Centre

@mollyhousemouse @Mikiesboy @Kitt @spyke @Reader1810 Thank you for all you suggestions. I talked with him this afternoon and we're going to come up with a game plan of what he needs to ask and we'll practice a few times. Funny thing is, he has to answer the phone at his new job and he has no problem with it.... it's just making calls that gets to him. 

On another note all together, my evening turned to shit once I left work. Work itself was fine today. Then I had the commute from hell, I left 10 min early and got home 10 min later than usual. Walked into the house and said to myself 'why the hell is it so hot in here?' 

Sure enough A/C was out. Yeah, I know it's  November, but it's been in the mid 80s here. At least the humidity is low. They can't come out until tomorrow. Ugh. So we ended up going out for Mexican. A pitcher of margaritas and a burrito later and I'm not as annoyed. 

Thanks again for the help!

• Like 3

Well, sleeping with all the windows open sent me right down memory lane. It felt like a summer night when I was growing up. We had a 3 br house with one bathroom. (For 8 people). My dad put one big window ac unit in the kitchen every summer, but the man would never leave it on at night. We could be in the middle of the worst summer heatwave and once the sun went down it was windows open and ac off. I'm not sure if he saved any money on the electric bill because once the ac went off, we turned on about 6 or 7 fans. 

Thankfully it was in the low 70s last night and it was comfortable. If this had happened a few weeks ago I would've headed for a hotel for the night. The repairman is on his way. There's a nice breeze, so I'll probably leave the windows open for the day, unless it creeps up into the 80s in the house. 

Have a good day everyone!

• Like 4

My son got his schedule for next week. He's off Mon thru Wed, which works out well as it looks like that tropical storm is going to park itself off our coast for a few days. Yay...*insert eyeroll* 

Only eight more weeks of 2020....we can do it! 🤪🤯😜

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, kbois said:

My son got his schedule for next week. He's off Mon thru Wed, which works out well as it looks like that tropical storm is going to park itself off our coast for a few days. Yay...*insert eyeroll* 

Only eight more weeks of 2020....we can do it! 🤪🤯😜

Yes, we can! 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
49 minutes ago, Solus Magus said:

Hello, lovely people. I missed you guys! I’m dropping in again. And I’m finally resurrected from the dead. Although I think that I left one of my feet somewhere underground. Can someone find it for me, please? 🤪

Hi Solus *waves*

Sorry about your foot, but my comfy chair says no dice to me leaving it...

• Haha 5
  • Site Moderator
18 minutes ago, kbois said:

The wind and the rain are making me really sleepy at work today....just under 3 hours to go...😴😴

I’ll send you some sun. That might help perk you up. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello @Solus Magus

glad you found your way back

Yeah. Crawling my way back wasn’t easy.

3 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Hi Solus *waves*

Sorry about your foot, but my comfy chair says no dice to me leaving it...

I should look for a comfy chair, too. 🤔

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
34 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

SP and I had to put Little Man down tonight. We took him to a different vet for a 2nd opinion and she confirmed what we were pretty certain was correct but didn't want it to me -- brain tumor.  Very somber evening tonight. 😢

:hug: 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

SP and I had to put Little Man down tonight. We took him to a different vet for a 2nd opinion and she confirmed what we were pretty certain was correct but didn't want it to me -- brain tumor.  Very somber evening tonight. 😢

Oh man. I’m very sorry to hear about this. It’s really hard to watch a family member have a hard time and we couldn’t do anything about it. 🥺🥺

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

I'm so sorry Fae. 

Hugs to you both. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Fae sorry to hear this. Take care.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

:hug:

• Like 3
12 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

awww ... i'm sorry xo

• Like 4

He's not hurting any more, and isn't getting so angry and frustrated at not being able to make his body do what he wants it to do. Sunday morning he was barking in frustration -- if there is such a thing as doggie profanity, that bark was it.  Our other dog is having some issues w. his not being here. She keeps looking for him. Think she's going to have some anxiety for awhile.

• Sad 5
37 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

He's not hurting any more, and isn't getting so angry and frustrated at not being able to make his body do what he wants it to do. Sunday morning he was barking in frustration -- if there is such a thing as doggie profanity, that bark was it.  Our other dog is having some issues w. his not being here. She keeps looking for him. Think she's going to have some anxiety for awhile.

We are so privileged that dogs allow us to love them. The unconditional love that they give us is incredible. That's why it hurts so much to let go. 

Your other pup will need you more than ever and you'll need her too. Give her lots of ear scratches and belly rubs and in return she'll be there with doggy kisses. 

Take care Fae. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to say good evening

been working more hours than normal.

we are short staff at work. 

glad to be working from home. 

How has your day been?

My day was fine until I tried to find out why my Walmart grocery delivery hadn't arrived and spent the next hour getting hung up on, put on hold, transferred 3x and in the end....still no groceries. I'll deal with it tomorrow. 

My son came out at one point to ask when the stuff would be there and my husband said I was working on it. He sat down and listened for a bit while I was speaking (nicely) to a "stock coach". When I got put on hold (again) my son looked at my husband and said "ten bucks says she's going 'Karen' on him when he picks up"

I snorted.

• Haha 4
13 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hi rick ...
been dealing with some drama at work. fingers crossed that by the time we have our employee appreciation celebration on Friday afternoon it will be done and dusted
it's not ideal, it hasn't been and won't be pretty. but it will be over
for myself, i've been going to the office 2 days a week and i have found i missed it

@kbois, so who won the bet?

His dad would've won if he had taken him up on it....

But it was so tempting...... you have no idea how much I wanted to flip that 'Karen' switch.....but alas....the adult in me squashed down the petulant teenager within. 

But there's always tomorrow!🤣

Hope your week gets better molly!

Edited by kbois
  • Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..