The Drop in Centre

1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

OMG, I should be going to bed, but here I am investigating this question. My answer is 5 mph, and if I’m wrong, it’s all Mr. Google’s fault! 🧐

Wrong answer, but will answer the question tomorrow when I wake up!

• Wow 2
5 hours ago, Sherye said:

Ok, I have a one question test for you! My late husband told me this was on a math test he had to take in high school and no one got it right!

If you are going down the road 55 mph (88.51 kph) and there is a fly in the vehicle. And the fly is flying from front to back. How fast is the fly flying?

55mph

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Sherye said:

Ok, I have a one question test for you! My late husband told me this was on a math test he had to take in high school and no one got it right!

If you are going down the road 55 mph (88.51 kph) and there is a fly in the vehicle. And the fly is flying from front to back. How fast is the fly flying?

i’m going out on a limb and say “zero” the fly hit the back window and went “splat”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

i’m going out on a limb and say “zero” the fly hit the back window and went “splat”

If only that's how it worked, but any one who spends time at a stable knows these simple truths:

Flies can get into cars/trucks with all windows closed.

Fly paper, while it does trap many, grabs more people than flies

Once into a car, flies will never leave voluntarily, short of setting off an insecticide bomb inside

Smell of said bomb lingers for weeks, but does not deter more flies from moving in.

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Sherye said:

Is everyone ready for the answer? If so, I have to have 5 or more likes on this post to give the answer!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Sherye said:

The common house fly has a maximum speed of 5mph. Other species can get up to a whopping 13mph. However, they don't fly front to back/back and forth. They dive bomb your head, waiting for you to open your mouth. Then when you spit it out, it will shake itself off and then proceed to taunt you by landing on the windshield directly in front of you and fly away when you try to swat them. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
9 minutes ago, kbois said:

The common house fly has a maximum speed of 5mph. Other species can get up to a whopping 13mph. However, they don't fly front to back/back and forth. They dive bomb your head, waiting for you to open your mouth. Then when you spit it out, it will shake itself off and then proceed to taunt you by landing on the windshield directly in front of you and fly away when you try to swat them. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

That is funny! but that wasn't the right answer either! lol 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, Sherye said:

I may not have gotten 5 likes but here is the answer.

The fly is flying as fast as the fly can fly!

Only the car is going 55 mph (88.51 kph) not the people or the fly!

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

is it over yet???   oh boy

I'm not sure if it's my addled brain or if Ive reached my quota of information to be assimilated today because I've had to update nearly 300 residents in our directory, but I really don't get this one. I've tried reading it with different inflections, but the pistons just aren't firing properly. 🤔

• Like 4
9 hours ago, kbois said:

I'm not sure if it's my addled brain or if Ive reached my quota of information to be assimilated today because I've had to update nearly 300 residents in our directory, but I really don't get this one. I've tried reading it with different inflections, but the pistons just aren't firing properly. 🤔

don't wait to do what you love .. tomorrow never comes and the past is no place to live

be true to yourself ... it doesnt mean you should be grasping or greedy... but don't put things off...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

Hi everyone, hope you are well and getting ready for the weekend.

All well here. Nothing doing as the weather is cold and wet.

Have a good day.

you and your man have a good day too .. grotty is the word i'd use for our weather, gray, chilly with fog. it should warm up a little though.

plans for soup this weekend, cabbage, beans and some leftover sausage and a homemade bun. i love soup

• Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..