Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

4 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Today has been a mixed bag. The making of the peanut brittle went well. I only made half today. Next week has a couple cold days in the forecast so I'll make the rest then. Mum and I went for groceries before going out for breakfast. Again things went well except at brekkie Mum told me she had a scare last night. Seems the neighbors had let their lab out without supervision when mum took Thristle out. Suddenly a large black dog appear and startled her. Then she thought oh it's "Pippin" and reached for her collar to get her under control but the dog wasn't wearing a collar. That caused mum to think it wasn't a dog she knew which scared her so she bundled Thistle into the house. After she came in she called the neighbors to check. Yep it was their dog. Problem is the scare caused mum's heart to act up so she suffered with mild back and arm pain most of the last 20 hours. 

This morning while I was making peanut brittle Pippin was on Mum' patio again unattended. I had two batches of brittle cooling on the picnic table. Mum called the neighbor to ask them to keep her leashed so she wouldn't be tempted to sample my brittle. The community has rules against letting dogs run off leash but ...

So this afternoon I took Thistle for a long walk as we were returning we met the neighbor walking Pippin. He barely had control of her and she rushed over Thistle and I. She got under my feet and threw me off balance. I feel, landing on the right side of my face. I have an inch long gash along the outside edge of my eyebrow. A half inch long split on my cheekbone with some abrasion just below the cheekbone. Oh, and I broke my new glasses. Needless to say I wasn't best pleased. I didn't swear but when asked if I was okay I said "No, I'm bleeding" and as I left "and I broke my damn glasses". Fortunately I had a dark red handkerchief in my pocket to press against the wound to keep from getting blood everywhere as it was running down and dripping off my face. In Mum's expert opinion I don't need stitches but may have a scar. When he got back the neighbors came over to apologize and said they would pay to replace my glasses. I called my optometrist in PA. Fortunately since I only got them Sept 10th they are under warranty so the cost is minimal. A fee to have the lab do new lenses and a shipping charge to send them from PA. Unfortunately, the company sold out of the blue tortoise frames I bought and are not making more so unless they can salvage my current damaged frames I'll end up having to settle on a brown tortise frame. I really, really like the blue ones even better than the previous blue tortoise frames I wore. One more fortunate thing is I have enough contacts with me to get by until the glasses are sorted because I can't drive without some sort of correction.

I have the makings a of lovely black eye. I'm considering telling folks that my mum beats me.

You poor baby! You want me to kiss it and make it better? lol I hate that that happened to you! If I was you, I would have the neighbor pay full price for the glasses since the dog knocked you down and broke them. That is what they get for not controlling their dog around other people!

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator
10 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Today has been a mixed bag. The making of the peanut brittle went well. I only made half today. Next week has a couple cold days in the forecast so I'll make the rest then. Mum and I went for groceries before going out for breakfast. Again things went well except at brekkie Mum told me she had a scare last night. Seems the neighbors had let their lab out without supervision when mum took Thristle out. Suddenly a large black dog appear and startled her. Then she thought oh it's "Pippin" and reached for her collar to get her under control but the dog wasn't wearing a collar. That caused mum to think it wasn't a dog she knew which scared her so she bundled Thistle into the house. After she came in she called the neighbors to check. Yep it was their dog. Problem is the scare caused mum's heart to act up so she suffered with mild back and arm pain most of the last 20 hours. 

This morning while I was making peanut brittle Pippin was on Mum' patio again unattended. I had two batches of brittle cooling on the picnic table. Mum called the neighbor to ask them to keep her leashed so she wouldn't be tempted to sample my brittle. The community has rules against letting dogs run off leash but ...

So this afternoon I took Thistle for a long walk as we were returning we met the neighbor walking Pippin. He barely had control of her and she rushed over Thistle and I. She got under my feet and threw me off balance. I feel, landing on the right side of my face. I have an inch long gash along the outside edge of my eyebrow. A half inch long split on my cheekbone with some abrasion just below the cheekbone. Oh, and I broke my new glasses. Needless to say I wasn't best pleased. I didn't swear but when asked if I was okay I said "No, I'm bleeding" and as I left "and I broke my damn glasses". Fortunately I had a dark red handkerchief in my pocket to press against the wound to keep from getting blood everywhere as it was running down and dripping off my face. In Mum's expert opinion I don't need stitches but may have a scar. When he got back the neighbors came over to apologize and said they would pay to replace my glasses. I called my optometrist in PA. Fortunately since I only got them Sept 10th they are under warranty so the cost is minimal. A fee to have the lab do new lenses and a shipping charge to send them from PA. Unfortunately, the company sold out of the blue tortoise frames I bought and are not making more so unless they can salvage my current damaged frames I'll end up having to settle on a brown tortise frame. I really, really like the blue ones even better than the previous blue tortoise frames I wore. One more fortunate thing is I have enough contacts with me to get by until the glasses are sorted because I can't drive without some sort of correction.

I have the makings a of lovely black eye. I'm considering telling folks that my mum beats me.

:hug:  I'm glad you and mum are ok :hug:  I can't stand it when people don't have control of their dogs.  :angry:  At least they're taking responsibility for their actions and paying for your glasses.  I hope now they'll keep Pippin under better control.  :hug: 

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Marty said:

Hey, ma Sherye... :hug:

It's really time you started calling him Gary, you know. :) 

Why? I love the name Headstall! And he and I are the same age so can not be his ma! lol

Edited by Sherye
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Headstall said:

Aww... poor dugh. :kiss:  Sorry that happened to you, bro. I hate falling... sounds like that dog needs to be taught some manners. :(  At least your peanut brittle escaped the day unscathed.

You mean my peanut brittle! lol just kidding!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Aloha All:hug::kiss:

Good evening, young Albert! :hug: 

1 minute ago, Albert1434 said:

Tonight were having for dinner

Crab cakes:yes:

I had steamed, home grown vegetable, with sardines. :yes:

A quick enough dinner to prepare, due to having being stuck in Zoom meetings.

• Like 5
59 minutes ago, Sherye said:

Why? I love the name Headstall! And he and I are the same age so can not be his ma! lol

Perchance thou dost misunderstand me, dear lady... 

Mayhap I should point out that mine own reference to thee using the title "ma Sherye" is naught but a play upon words...

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Marty said:

Perchance thou dost misunderstand me, dear lady... 

Mayhap I should point out that mine own reference to thee using the title "ma Sherye" is naught but a play upon words...

Reveal hidden contents

I know that, Marty. I was just teasing you lol

• Haha 4

I love this song even though my name is spelt Sherye and not Sherry. But if people seen my first name and middle name then @Marty, the song you put on here might be the right pronunciation! lol

Sherye Jon

Edited by Sherye
  • Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..