Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

9 hours ago, clochette said:

My desk is being delivered today. It didn't say a time or either morning or afternoon though so I've been up since 8am hoping it won't be at 5pm...

Delivery at lunchtime. Delivery guy called me to make sure I was home and saying he was closed. He even brought to box into the apartment :2thumbs:

Spent the afternoon buildinng it. Instructions could have been more clear though. 

Happy with the general result 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, CassieQ said:

I'm not sure.  I don't eat onion either, but it's more a texture thing and it makes me sick so I don't touch it.  But I use garlic in my food instead.  

I'll keep it in mind then, thanks for the tip!

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, clochette said:

Delivery at lunchtime. Delivery guy called me to make sure I was home and saying he was closed. He even brought to box into the apartment :2thumbs:

Spent the afternoon buildinng it. Instructions could have been more clear though. 

Nicely done :) 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, clochette said:

Good job, clo. Looks great!

• Like 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Good job, clo. Looks great!

I'm a bit disappointed by some details when looking closely (it's cheap board with a cover on top so yeah) like a little knock at one corner, a tiny scratch there thought nothing on the good side of the main boards, and the drawers handles were in a little plastic bag with screws so they're scratched too. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 2

Why use Onion Powder?

Onion adds a great taste and aroma to any dish. It is perhaps a staple of everything from delicious carbonara, to a whole host of stock pots recipes.

Onion is also actually highly beneficial for your health. Did you know that it shares many of the same health benefits as its more-renowned-as-a-superfood cousin garlic? Whereas garlic is often praised for dilating blood vessels and fighting bacteria, very few people ever mention that onion does the precise same things!

That’s right: onion can kill off germs in your stomach, it can help to improve your breath in the long run, and it can improve your digestion. It improves blood circulation, and may help to direct more of it to your muscles and brain where you want it.

It’s also packed with nutrients – vitamins and minerals including antioxidants that help to fight cancer.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, CassieQ said:

I'm not sure.  I don't eat onion either, but it's more a texture thing and it makes me sick so I don't touch it.  But I use garlic in my food instead.  

Mum's two sisters have/had issues with onion and garlic. The youngest could not tolerate either. They would cause intestinal issues for her. The other has issues with garlic, same problem. Mum, however, can eat both without those problems but if she eats raw garlic in say a Ceasar salad the smell will leak from her pores.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just played frisbee with Cookie... I throw... she chases. We scared three turkeys into flight in the woods(saw two and heard the other). Man, they are big! Been feeling blah for a few days, but am more up today. Had a pleasant walk, and there's a nice breeze stirring the fallen leaves. I love the crunch crunch crunch of them on the trail. :)  

Still missing @Marty  

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Mum's two sisters have/had issues with onion and garlic. The youngest could not tolerate either. They would cause intestinal issues for her. The other has issues with garlic, same problem. Mum, however, can eat both without those problems but if she eats raw garlic in say a Ceasar salad the smell will leak from her pores.

Eating garlic puts my older brother into extreme agony... even the smallest amount does it.

• Like 1
  • Wow 4
1 minute ago, Headstall said:

Just played frisbee with Cookie... I throw... she chases. We scared three turkeys into flight in the woods(saw two and heard the other). Man, they are big! Been feeling blah for a few days, but am more up today. Had a pleasant walk, and there's a nice breeze stirring the fallen leaves. I love the crunch crunch crunch of them on the trail. :)  

Still missing @Marty  

Glad you're feeling better today. We've finally got a bit of sunshine. The last nearly two weeks have mostly gray overcast and damp with occasional showers.

I miss him too.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, dughlas said:

Glad you're feeling better today. We've finally got a bit of sunshine. The last nearly two weeks have mostly gray overcast and damp with occasional showers.

I miss him too.

:hug:  I sent him another message, hoping whoever signed into his profile on the third will respond.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Headstall said:

:hug:  I sent him another message, hoping whoever signed into his profile on the third will respond.

That might sound creepy but I think I've found his house on Google map with street view

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Garlic will tear my stomach up, but I can tolerate small amounts when cooking.  My Dad made a white sauce loaded with garlic once and I was in agony for several hours.    

• Sad 5
1 minute ago, CassieQ said:

Garlic will tear my stomach up, but I can tolerate small amounts when cooking.  My Dad made a white sauce loaded with garlic once and I was in agony for several hours.    

You guys are not making it easy to make me want to try those :gikkle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
4 hours ago, clochette said:

Check this out: a young tiger or lion has been wandering somewhere

Wouldn't that mean the area is called Auxi-le-Cateau?  :)

50 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

I have no trouble with onions or garlic.

Nor do I. How odd that some people react differently to a humble rhizome.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, Page Scrawler said:

Wouldn't that mean the area is called Auxi-le-Cateau?  :)

Auxi-le-Château yes, it's at the border between the departments of Somme and Pas-de-Calais in the north west of France

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..