Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Took a break in studying to have a little fun :D

can't wait to see the end result when the main block will have solidified and dry some and the color yellow will gave faded some to a more whitish one. See you in 2 to 3 days for the cutting!

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, clochette said:

can't wait to see the end result when the main block will have solidified and dry some 

I am devasted

I asked around and it seems it over heat.

Worse is I had hesitated to put it in the laundry room which is not being heat but thought it wouldn't be necessary.

I guess today is a learn from your mistakes kind of day... 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

• Sad 5
2 minutes ago, clochette said:

I am devasted

I asked around and it seems it over heat.

Worse is I had hesitated to put it in the laundry room which is not being heat but thought it wouldn't be necessary.

I guess today is a learn from your mistakes kind of day... 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Aww, Tink. :hug:  It's just a crack, and it's still very pretty. 

• Love 5
Just now, Headstall said:

Aww, Tink. :hug:  It's just a crack, and it's still very pretty. 

Yeah it won't change alter the soap qualities and the sides are still intact so there's that. I'll know better next time (maybe for a Christmas one ;))

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Hey, practice makes perfect!  :hug: And I look forward to seeing the next one.

I've bought some Christmas theme chocolate molds to make a Christmas soap batch. I'm thinking of adding essential oils this time to make it even more Christmassy ;)

• Love 5
On 11/2/2021 at 5:06 PM, Page Scrawler said:

Morgan and I are now the parents of a 9-year-old fellow named Max.  :,( :joe:  :D  :D

Mum said congratulations and bless you for providing Max with a loving home.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Found a new book on Goodreads. It won't be published until May 2022, but I thought it sounded good enough to share. Written by Shawn Amos, son of Wally "Famous" Amos, the story is a loose biography of his childhood. :D

Spoiler

Cookies and Milk, by Shawn Amos

Eleven-year-old Ellis Johnson dreamed of spending the summer of 1976 hanging out with friends, listening to music, and playing his harmonica. Instead, he’ll be sleeping on a lumpy pullout in Dad’s sad little post-divorce bungalow and helping bring Dad’s latest far-fetched, sure-to-fail idea to life: opening the world’s first chocolate chip cookie store. They have six weeks to perfect their recipe, get a ramshackle A-frame on Hollywood’s Sunset Boulevard into tip-top shape, and bring in customers.

But of course, nothing is as easy as Dad makes it sound, even with Grandma along for the ride. Like she says, they have to GIT—get it together—and make things work. Along the way, Ellis discovers a family mystery he is determined to solve, the power of community, and new faith in himself.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Page Scrawler said:

Make sure to clean the molds before you do any chocolate making!  :gikkle:

It was a set of 4 so 2 for the soaps and 2 for the chocolates ;) never used for food what you used for soap making is the number one rule (right after safety) because there may be some lye left over

Edited by clochette
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, clochette said:

I've bought some Christmas theme chocolate molds to make a Christmas soap batch. I'm thinking of adding essential oils this time to make it even more Christmassy ;)

That’s a great use of chocolate molds :2thumbs:

Of course, chocolate is a good use too :yes:

• Haha 5

Thistle had another more severe seizure last night. Lasted about 10 horrible minutes. Afterwards I was able to calm him and we got about an hour of sleep. When we first woke he seemed moderately coherent, paying attention to what I was doing but within 30 minutes he began circling obsessively to the left. Bumping into furniture and walls, stumbling over shoes. I'm currently biding time until my vet's office opens. I am frightened for my pup ...

• Sad 5
8 minutes ago, dughlas said:

within 30 minutes he began circling obsessively to the left.

The dog I mentioned earlier did that, too. The seizures threw off his balance/equilibrium.  :( I really pray that Thistle's condition is treatable.  :hug:

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Page Scrawler said:

The dog I mentioned earlier did that, too. The seizures threw off his balance/equilibrium.  :( I really pray that Thistle's condition is treatable.  :hug:

Thanks. I was able to get him in at the vet. His blood sugar is still low so they are going to monitor him and periodically check his level over the morning. The vet just had to put one of his own dogs down yesterday because of seizures. He was teary eyed and had to step out at one point. He really likes Thistle.

• Fingers Crossed 3
  • Sad 2
6 hours ago, dughlas said:

Thistle had another more severe seizure last night. Lasted about 10 horrible minutes. Afterwards I was able to calm him and we got about an hour of sleep. When we first woke he seemed moderately coherent, paying attention to what I was doing but within 30 minutes he began circling obsessively to the left. Bumping into furniture and walls, stumbling over shoes. I'm currently biding time until my vet's office opens. I am frightened for my pup ...

Sorry, bro. :hug:  I hope Thistle rallies and has some good years left. My niece just had to put her agility dog down and she is in terrible shape trying to deal with it. It brings back horrible memories for me. I will think positive thoughts and say a prayer for you and your wonderful companion. :heart: 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Headstall said:

Sorry, bro. :hug:  I hope Thistle rallies and has some good years left. My niece just had to put her agility dog down and she is in terrible shape trying to deal with it. It brings back horrible memories for me. I will think positive thoughts and say a prayer for you and your wonderful companion. :heart: 

Thank you.

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..